[Source: https://w-dog.net/wa...star/id/230485/ ]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a sister planet to Nibelungen, that fits the description of the planet attacked by the The Ancient Eye in their first faction thread. Also to additionally to flesh out this section of the map.
- Image Credit: Titan Comics - Elric - Comic Vine
- Canon: N/A
Eclipse of Nibelungen: The Ancient Eye Faction thread that details the TAE forces attacking Nibelungen her moons and sister planets. This includes Edemar, detailing the destruction of a Jedi Fortress on the planet.
Civil Gambit - Edemar: TAE Faction thread on Edemar, hunting down Jedi Council members and learning more about the Warrior like society on Edemar and their system of living.
When You Have No One: The Matador faces the restless spirits of the Jedi, magnified by an attempt to bleed the many crystals of the fallen. Instead, wrestling through a journey of reflection and strife. Finding himself renewed in the dark.
- Planet Name: Edemar
- Demonym: Edemarian
- Region: Wild Space
- System Name: Decada System
- System Features: One sun, two sister planets. (Selemor & Antama), four moons.
- Coordinates: AL-35
- Major Imports: Due to being within wild space, space routes are rare. The Edemarians are typically a self sufficient culture. However, are not inherently as technologically advanced by comparison to inner rim. However, their most common imports are General Medicine, Weaponry and Industrial Equipment
- Major Exports: Edemar has much to offer, in regards to various mineable ores. It has silver, iron, Durasteel and many other exported components. Furthermore, as largely a militarised population, one of their major exports are Warriors for other factions, groups around the galaxy. Thus prosperity is indeed felt here amongst those high within the society.
- Gravity: Standard
- Climate: The Climate is typically more extreme than standard, the mountians typically being incredibly cold in the winter, and the swamplands being uncomfortably humid in summer.
- Primary Terrain: Mountians with Grasslands nearby and Swamplands primarily in the southern regions of the planet.
Camaria is a spiritual place for the people of Edemar, the highest mountain on the whole planet and a place of pilgrimage for those loyal to the Anubian Pantheon and the creed of the Ancient Eye. It is believed that the veil of the worlds is weak atop Camaria, were gods can speak to the people of Edemar and grant them wisdom. Camaria is a commonly visited spot and believed to an essential aspect of ascension. (TAE concept of life after death.)
Santamarec covers the majority of the northern region of the planet (Grasslands). A huge city planet scale home of those loyal to The Ancient Eye, acting as a place of luxury for those within the caste system who succeed beyond expectation such as Bellators. Santamarec, houses the best Edemar has to offer from warriors to scientists and entrepreneurs. Santamarec also serves as the training grounds for the Bellator forces, the elite of the Ancient Eye's forces. Santamarec acts as home to the Priesthood on Edemar as well, having them situated within utopian towers to emphasise their grace and power.
In the centre of Santamarec is Ed Madine. Ed Madine acts as a place of prayer and disciplinary action. The structure is similar to that of a prison, correcting the attitudes of those disloyal to The Ancient Eye.
Planet-Wide Transport System | The Motus:
[Source: http://www.creativeb...lender-31410964 ]
The Motus is a planet wide tunnel transportation system that can transport anywhere between ten to twenty people in total to the different major cities and locations across the planet. However, transportation to military facilities are restricted and protected by the military forces on Edemar. The facility is a state of the art transportation system that is used by government officials, members of the priesthood and military forces.
[Source: https://www.pinteres...21532480592607/ ]
Mortem is the home of the War-Chieftain of The Ancient Eye, a humongous facility in the swampland regions of Edemar; outfitted with high level security defences and defended at all times by Tol Varen elite warriors. Mortem holds the Throne of Want, the seat of power within the Government of the Ancient Eye. Mortem is also the place in which the Warlords of the Ancient Eye commune under the reign of the War-Chieftain.
Force Nexus - The Throne of Want
[Source: https://comicvine.ga...ric/4005-37393/ ]
Size: Area - Throne Room
Intent: The Matador alone destroyed the Jedi Fortress on Edemar, following the battle he robbed the kyber crystals from the blades of each Jedi, using his darkness, his unbridling hate to Bleed the crystals, using the art of small to misshape and force the Throne of Want into creation. It is The Matador's throne of power, a focus of force energy of a malevolent and vicious nature.
The Throne is a focus of power and reminded of the War-Chieftains past deeds to those who come before him, and serves as a suitable seat of power for such an individual. The Throne, appears alive to the touch and to be filled with a turbulent rage that effects those within its presence. However, this deep seated rage is seated deep within the eye of the storm, engulfed in a numbness, a unnerving content with endless death.
- Native Species: N/A
- Immigrated Species: Humans, Dravalan, Anubians
- Population: Heavily Populated
- Demographics: Humans and Anubians inhabit the planet in equal measure, Dravalan providing a smaller third of the planets occupants.
- Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic
The Culture of Edemar was previously a simplistic society based the beliefs of the Jedi order that previously overseen the worlds governing. However, with the conquering of the planet by The Ancient Eye, the culture has been twisted into a religiously empowered feudal military society lead by assigned Barons by the ancient eye. Society is caste based, like every other world within the Ancient Eye's control. Separated into different classes. The culture is based on the Anubian belief and worship of death, and the discipline of both physical and mental aspects of life.
The society is a form of slavery enforced by the Warlords of The Ancient Eye that promotes zealotry and a belief in ascension through glorious death in battle and servitude to the Anubian Pantheon, believing the leaders of the Ancient Eye to be vassals for these gods, ruling by divine right.
The Priesthood are the spiritual leaders of The Ancient Eye, their system of belief focuses on a central idea of the purity of power, and the ascension promised upon Death. Death, is just another path to greater strength. The Priesthood tell legends of gods to the people, of those powerful in both mind and body, but also the force. Such as Sekhmet, the Warrior who ascended to Godhood and Immortality through her great skill. Or Anubis, a powerful force user who mastered necromancy and became a catalyst for the ascension of those worthy of godhood.
The Priesthood consists of powerful force users who inspire a great loyalty in the people of The Ancient Eye, promising them ascension to a greater plain of existence beyond death. The Priesthood project that this can be achieved through dedication to the creed of the Ancient Eye, which is enforced by the Warlords and their Chieftain. The Priesthood enforce the belief of that the Warlords, Chieftain and Monarchy rule by divine right. As chosen by the gods, blessed with great strength and ability within the force. Thus grants loyalty and subservience from the people of Edemar.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: Feudal Theocratic Monarchy
- Affiliation: The Ancient Eye, The Matador
- Wealth: High, however the wealth is restricted to practically the 1% of the populace and is focused on military power and technological advancement. The majority live averagely.
- Stability: Stability within Edemar is typically high, stability enforced by a powerful religious form of indoctrination and an oppressive military presence lead by powerful Warlords.
- Freedom & Oppression: Fear of the ruling body is incredibly prevalent amongst those who chose to go against it, however by majority the people of Edemar are in support of the ruling body and their ideals. The practice of slavery is prevalent but presented in such a way by the Priesthood that many gladly give themselves over to complete servitude under The Ancient Eye.
- Military: Previous to the conquest of the Ancient Eye to Nibelungen and it's neighbouring planets, the Military power of Edemar was meagre, the world was dotted by villages with basic technological defences. Anti-Air turrets, ect. However, upon conquering the world; The Ancient Eye immediately began to set up the world as a Fortress World. Setting up massive anti-air battery sites across the world, dedicating resources to the instalment of a massive Anubian inspired fortress. (See Mortem) as the home of the War-Chieftain, the leader of the governing group of the Ancient Eye and military dictator. Future instalments are to continue to be produced throughout the continued lifespan and conquests of the Ancient Eye.
- Technology: The planet houses top of line military defences, including star fighters, and a capable army to fight off invading forces equipped with standard equipment, with Bellators defending Mortem and the Priesthood carrying higher level technology to accentuate their high level of skill. The planet has a gross amount of defensive anti-air batteries around the planet, the majority of which are situated around Santamarec.
The Planet was originally settled by humans thousands of years ago lead by an autocratic order of Jedi who wished to be seclude themselves in the depths of space away from the conflicts and worry of the Galaxy. The planet was terraformed following the colonisation of Nibelungen, alongside Erebus and Lowick.
Various species began to populate Edemar as wide space became more accessible to the galaxy. For the longest time, Edemar was left unscathed by the Galaxies wars at large and lived in a peaceful prosperity following a warrior like society under the tutelage of the Jedi.
Since then there has been one major event that changed the history of Edemar forever. The Eclipse of Nibelungen saw the attack of Nibelungen, Erebos, Edemar and other nearby planets by the newly formed Ancient Eye. Edemar was home to the Jedi order that acted as governors and overseers for the populaces of these various planets. Whilst the Jedi were spread across the planets under their control, Edemar was their place of worship. They shared a strong connection with the force on the planet, leaving the majority of the world untouched by industry.
Until recently the majority of land was left unscathed, however the Ancient Eye immediately began to industrialise Edemar and forced the populace easily into a form of servitude, and soon following many began to conform to their ways.
Edemarians have always been tough, warrior-like and ready to fight. This was complimentary to the way the Ancient Eye worked in its entirety. The majority of Edemarians were easily able to translate a majority of their skills to their new world order, allowing production, exports and imports to continue almost instantly.
Edited by The Matador, 16 January 2018 - 12:17 PM.