[Source: Artstation - Thor Ragnarok early sketch by Emmanuel shiu]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a sister planet to Nibelungen, that fits the description of the planet attacked by the The Ancient Eye in their first faction thread. Also to additionally to flesh out this section of the map. This planet was also now serve as my characters [Tathra Khaeus] home and as a staging ground for any future Bryn'adûl operations.
- Image Credit: X, X, X
- Canon: N/A
Eclipse of Nibelungen: The Ancient Eye Faction thread that details the TAE forces attacking Nibelungen her moons and sister planets. This includes Edemar, detailing the destruction of a Jedi Fortress on the planet.
Civil Gambit - Edemar: TAE Faction thread on Edemar, hunting down Jedi Council members and learning more about the Warrior like society on Edemar and their system of living.
When You Have No One: Tathra Khaeus faces the restless spirits of the Jedi, magnified by an attempt to bleed the many crystals of the fallen. Instead, wrestling through a journey of reflection and strife. Finding himself renewed in the dark.
- Planet Name: Edemar
- Region: Wild Space
- System Name: Decada System
- System Features: One sun, two sister planets. (Selemor & Antama), four moons.
- Coordinates: AL-35
- Demonym: N/A
- Major Imports: General Medicine, Weaponry and Industrial Equipment
- Major Exports: Edemar has much to offer, in regards to various mineable ores. It has silver, iron, Durasteel and many other exported components. Besides from these exports, the others only concern the Bryn'adûl, whom export weaponry, vehicles and various other types of military equipment and personnel.
- Gravity: Standard
- Climate: Extreme, due to the placement of Terraforming machines by the Bryn'adûl. They intended to make the planet inhospitable for any remaining stragglers who'd survived the sacking of their cities.
- Primary Terrain: Barren and rocky lands, ruined empty fields and massive mountians.
Camaria, the highest peak in all of Edemar was once a spiritual place for their people. Now, it is a relic of their past. It serves as a hunting ground for various predators and hunters.
Old World Ruins:
Very recent ruins of the old civilisation that once oversaw a massive portion of the planet. When Tathra Khaeus returned to Edemar to find his subjects had moved on, his malice washed over them like a great tide. Tathra quarantined the planet, and wiped out the remaining population before allowing the Draelvasier to move in.
Planet-Wide Transport System | The Motus:
[Source: Creativebloq - 3D World by N/A]
The Motus is a planet wide tunnel transportation system that can transport anywhere between two to three hundred people in total to the different major locations across the planet. The facility is a state of the art transportation system that is used by government officials, members of the priesthood and military forces.
[Source: Artstation - Desert Base by Joe Comeau]
Mortem is the home of the Chieftain of the Bryn'adûl. A humongous facility in the barren desert regions of Edemar; outfitted with high level security defences and defended at all times by elite Bryn'adûl Brutes. Mortem holds the Throne of Want, the seat of power for the Chieftain of the Bryn'adul. Mortem also serves as a secret city, rebuilt into a massive mountain, hidden within the thick mountain rock.
Force Nexus - The Throne of Want
Size: Area - Throne Room
Intent: Tathra Khaeus alone destroyed the Jedi Fortress on Edemar, following the battle he robbed the kyber crystals from the blades of each Jedi, using his darkness, his unbridling hate to Bleed the crystals, using the art of small to misshape and force the Throne of Want into creation. It is a throne of power, a focus of force energy of a malevolent and vicious nature.
The Throne is a focus of power and reminded of the War-Chieftains past deeds to those who come before him, and serves as a suitable seat of power for such an individual. The Throne, appears alive to the touch and to be filled with a turbulent rage that effects those within its presence. However, this deep seated rage is seated deep within the eye of the storm, engulfed in a numbness, a unnerving content with endless death.
- Native Species: N/A
- Immigrated Species: Draelvasier
- Population: Heavily Populated
- Demographics: Entirely Draelvasier
- Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic, Draelvasier
There is no inherent culture on Edemar, that was wiped out with the Ancient Eye. The planet now serves as a fortress for the Bryn'adûl and as a training ground for the Crusaders within.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: Feudal Theocratic Monarchy
- Affiliation: Tathra Khaeus
- Wealth: Medium [Use of previous civilisations funds, plus small bases set up that have high Private Military traffic, allowing for many funds to contribute to stabilising the planet as a military outpost for the Bryn'adûl.]
- Stability: High [There is little to no wildlife on the planet, and the Bryn'adûl are well trained. The planet has little to no activity beyond the moving and goings of ships and supplies.]
- Freedom & Oppression: There are no citizens to oppress and the Draelvasier all exist under one unified banner. Freedom exists to the extent of which they understand it to be relevant in their lives. Each member of their race serves a purpose. Their order is unyielding and strong. Freedom is a concept and oppression isn't necessary.
- Military: Previous to the conquest of the Ancient Eye to Nibelungen and it's neighbouring planets, the Military power of Edemar was meagre, the world was dotted by villages with basic technological defences. Anti-Air turrets, ect. However, upon conquering the world; The Ancient Eye immediately began to set up the world as a Fortress World. Setting up massive anti-air battery sites across the world, dedicating resources to the instalment of a massive Anubian inspired fortress. (See Mortem) as the home of the War-Chieftain. Upon his return, now simply as the Chieftain of the Bryn'adûl. Edemar was stripped down to the bone, leaving only its military components intact.
- Technology: The planets solely technological focus is that of militant purposes. However, this planet no longer belongs to an Empire. Whilst the technology is formidable, it solely belongs to a Private army. Therefore, whilst it can be defended it can't all be maintained. There are various defunct relics of the Ancient Eye that exist on the planet.
The Planet was originally settled by humans thousands of years ago lead by an autocratic order of Jedi who wished to be seclude themselves in the depths of space away from the conflicts and worry of the Galaxy. The planet was terraformed following the colonisation of Nibelungen, alongside Erebus and Lowick.
Various species began to populate Edemar as wide space became more accessible to the galaxy. For the longest time, Edemar was left unscathed by the Galaxies wars at large and lived in a peaceful prosperity following a warrior like society under the tutelage of the Jedi.
Since then there has been one major event that changed the history of Edemar forever. The Eclipse of Nibelungen saw the attack of Nibelungen, Erebos, Edemar and other nearby planets by the newly formed Ancient Eye. Edemar was home to the Jedi order that acted as governors and overseers for the populaces of these various planets. Whilst the Jedi were spread across the planets under their control, Edemar was their place of worship. They shared a strong connection with the force on the planet, leaving the majority of the world untouched by industry.
Until recently the majority of land was left unscathed, however the Ancient Eye immediately began to industrialise Edemar and forced the populace easily into a form of servitude, and soon following many began to conform to their ways.
Edemarians were always tough, warrior-like and ready to fight. This was complimentary to the way the Ancient Eye worked in its entirety. The majority of Edemarians were easily able to translate a majority of their skills to their new world order, allowing production, exports and imports to continue almost instantly.
When the Ancient Eye was destroyed, their influence was lost and it left a power-vacuum on the planet, infighting became spread across the entire planet as the Ancient Eye's infrastructure collapsed without their ability to enforce it. Upon Tathra Khaeus' return, he found his new home tarnished and broken.
The Bryn'adûl Crusaders set upon the planet, wiping out the populace of the planet and starting anew. The only remaining structures on the planet were the transportation system and Tathra's fortress. Otherwise, all military facilities have been refurbished for Bryn'adûl use.
Edited by Tathra Khaeus, 11 October 2018 - 02:09 PM.