OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To establish a safe-haven and training facility for Jedi of the Republic Remnant.
- Image Credit: Outer View – Lucasarts 2003 / Interior Garden - Artists / Jedi Meeting -Location artist / sparring room - artist / MAP Interior top ground floor - source / map lower floor - source
- Canon: No, but design is based off Dantooine Enclave
- Links: Rights to use Saotome droids.
- Structure Name: Nadiem Jedi Enclave
- Classification: This serves as both a meeting place, home, and training facility for Jedi of the Republic Remnant
- Location: Nadiem
- Affiliation: The Jedi Order of the Republic Remnant
- Accessibility: The Jedi Order of the Republic Remnant is attempting to rebuild the Jedi Order that was scattered after the fall of the Galactic Republic. Nadiem is a remote planet without much of an existing infrastructure and with an agrarian society. The Jedi have selected this location for the peace of the planet and the relative obscurity. While the Jedi Enclave is not a secret, it is neither widely advertised nor as well known about as other Jedi locations of old (such as the Temple on Ossus or Coruscant). There is security in place and access is not open, though the Jedi will typically make time to see anyone coming to them. Some areas, the lower levels, are far more secure and off-limits to non-Jedi visitors.
- Security: Yes, there are a number of security protocols in place for this enclave:
- Standard Security Checkpoints: There are standard security checkpoints at the entrances and exits to the Jedi Enclave. These are typically guarded by Jedi Knights or Jedi Padawans who have advanced in their training alongside the Saotome P.T.D. Droids.
- Saotome P.T.D. Droids x 15: These are the most numerous at the enclave and act as training droids for the Jedi while also filling in the function of guard droids.
- Saotome Bodyguard Droids x 10: The Saotome Bodyguard Droids are the only other security droids that maintain a constant presence at the Enclave. Most are assigned to specific locations (e.g., guarding the archives), while also be utilized by more advanced Jedi as training droids.
- YVH-2 droids x 5: The YVH-2 droids are kept on standby and only activate when a significant security breach occurs. Three in the Upper level, 2 in the Lower level.
- EMBU Mk. III x 5: The EMBU Mk. III droids are also on standby mode, like the YVH-2 droid, activating only when a security breach warrants their deployment. 3 in the Upper level, 2 in the Lower level.
- Stone Guardians x 2: There are two stone guardians guarding the entrance which leads to the lower levels. When not in use they appear to be stone statue’s resembling Jedi, but when they sense a threat to the temple, they activate.
- Ray shields: In order to protect the lower levels of the compound, both the lift to the lower levels and the security doors entering into the lower level could be blocked off with Ray Shields to stop the advancement of intruders. These could hope to hold out forever against an assault but are meant to stop the progress of an attacker/infiltrator to give time for the other security measures to resolve the breach.
- Blast Doors: These were located in the 3rd level, the hangar and were used to seal off the entrance to the hangar in times of assault so that ships could not enter or leave without opening them first.
- Description: From the outside, the structure has rounded structures that are built into the hillsides, giving the enclave, at a glance, of being natural to the area. The structure itself is split into three levels. Level 1 is the level that guests are allowed to visit under supervision. This location has a central room housing a beautiful garden and water flowing round the perimeter of the room below the translucent flooring. Three corridors lead off from this room. The northern corridor leads to the medical facility, the western corridor leads to the training room, and the southern corridor leads to the lower levels. The second level houses the personal rooms of Jedi at the enclave, meeting rooms, secure storage, the archives, and other meditation and training rooms. The third and final floor is a large cavern that out to an exit at the base of a nearby mountain range. This is the hangar for Jedi coming and going from the Enclave and access is restricted by mounted anti-aircraft turrets and hangar door that can open and close with access codes.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Central Garden: This is the first thing visitors see when they enter the Enclave. It is meant to be a place to settle the mind and a place of contemplation. Jedi returning from missions abroad often use this room to center themselves and seek out tranquility.
Upper-Level Training Room: This is where training takes place in full view of other Jedi and visitors to the Enclave. Typically it is where Jedi tournaments take place, and where assemblies would be had with visitors from outside the Enclave.
2nd Level Assembly Room: This is where Jedi assemble for meetings in private, typically the most senior of the Jedi attend.
Meditation rooms: Meditations chambers are located on the second floor.
3rd level hangar: this is the hangar built into the cavern system beneath the enclave.
Following the Fall of the Galactic Republic, the Republic Remnant settled into the Wild Space region of the galaxy. From there they began to set up their base of operations in the Teth and Nadiem regions. In order to provide a base of operations, a home, and a training location for Jedi members of the Republic Remnant, construction of an Enclave immediately went into effect on Nadiem. Model after the Enclave on Dantooine of old, the Jedi worked closely with the natives and Republic personnel to construct the site. Top of the line security systems were brought in with an accompaniment of droids to ensure that the enclave would not fall victim to an attack. While the Galactic Republic might have fallen, the beacon of hope that was the Republic and the Jedi Order would live on among the members of the Republic Remnant.
Edited by Kian Karr, 15 January 2018 - 12:26 PM.