OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A special kind of Undead to aid in space combat
- Image Credit: Seaman by KhezuG
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Name: The Drowned
- Designation: None sentient
- Homeworld: Katarr
- Language: None
- Average Lifespan: 15
- Estimated Population: Rare
- Description: The Drowned are the crude marriage of rotten corpses and dead shellfish, among other beings of the sea. Kept together by nothing else then deranged magic, these Undead often show what's inside of them on the outside. From half decayed organs, to bones, there is nothing that remains of their formerly human bodies that can't be seen. Their skin is overgrown with a thick shell of dead marine creatures that often give them an odd and unsymmetrical shape, only longer attached to them by the spell that binds them to walk and act despite their lack of life. Their eyes glow in a dim green, and are held deeply in their cracked skulls. Often weapons or tools get stiched into their dead flesh, the most common among them anchors attached to a chain that is held by the overgrowth on their body.
- Breathes: None
- Average height of adults: 2 meters
- Average length of adults: N/A
- Skin color: Brown, Green
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: There are no distinctions between male and female besides those found in the humans from which the Drowned are created. Yet they are greatly affected by the passing of time, as their skin and flesh continues to rot even if at a highly slowed rate. The oldest of the Drowned are little more then bones shrouded in scraps of decayed flesh, and likely to simply fall apart under their own weight.
- Races: N/A
-Undead: The Drowned need no sleep, no air to breath, feel no pain and desire nothing, as they are nothing more then dead flesh and magic.
-Thick Skinned: The overgrowth on their skin offers moderate protection, at least against physical means.
-Anchors and others: Due to being Undead the Drowned are often outfitted with simple weapons that have grown into their body. The most common is an Anchor or grappling hook on a chain, used mainly to aid in boarding efforts of enemy ships.
-Force Light: Like all beings born from the Dark Side of the force, the Drowned are unable to withstand the art of Force Light. Contact means their true, final death.
-Hungry: The Drowned need to consum to fuel the magic that holds them together. They drawn their strenght both from the flesh and the blood of their enemies. If they go to long without feeding, then they fall apart.
-Rot: The Drowned already rot by themselves, but outside of space their decay goes by quicker. If forced to fight on a planet, they will rot away in a matter of days.
-Fire: For reasons unknown the skin of the Drowned becomes flammable through the alchemy used on them. Even a handful of sparks can ignite their bodies and burn them to nothing.
-Clunky: While the Drowned aren't slow, their bodies are quite clunky. Should they be pushed of balance, and fall on their back they will have trouble getting back up again.
- Diet: Flesh, Blood
- Communication: Mindless screams
- Technology level: N/A
- Religion/Beliefs: N/A
- General behavior: Despite appearing as a somewhat intelligent foes in combat, the Drowned do nothing without a command. Only when those that create or command them give them a purpose they begin to act. They act more alike humans then most undead creations, using ambush tactics and deception on their opponents. A favored trick of them is to act like they are dead, only to rise when least expected.
The Drowned were born from the skilled hands of the Necromancers of Katarr. Normally they are an order founded and controlled by Darth Abyss, but otherwise left to create and experiment on their own accord. Their Prophet is more then happy to take whatever they summon o their own, but the Drowned are the rare exception to this norm. Once the Sith Lord placed his faith into his return to piracy, he was in dire need of a crew that could fit his needs.
Undead were an obvious choice for a new boarding crew, considering that they need no air to breath. Yet that is far from all that Abyss desired in this new brand of undead. The Drowned were meant to fit a certain aesthetic, to further make Abyss and his ship look like a horror taken straight from seamen myths.
The creation of the Drowned is a long, complex process. Only those that actually drowned can be picked, and their corpses get placed in the sea with only a handful of protective spells around them to keep a base level of their bodies integrity intact. Once their flesh and bones are overgrown, their corpses get pulled out of the water and wait in the dry until their overgrowth has died as well. Then the chunks of different death get resurrected as one, after a weapon of choice was stitched into their backs.
Edited by Darth Abyss, 22 January 2018 - 01:54 PM.