Intent: To create a submission for further detail regarding the Matador's current armour.
- Image Source:
Transformers The Last Knight
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source:N/A
- Manufacturer: The Matador
- Model: Impetus Armour Systems
- Affiliation: The Matador
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
Massive Ceramic Laminate Plates
- Classification: Survival Armour
- Weight: Extreme
- Blasters - High
- Kinetic - Very High
- Lightsabers - High
- Other - N/A
- Ceramic Laminate Multi-Layered Plates
- Gel Layer
- Armour-weave Under layer
- Mag-Coil Network
- Heart Stabilising Systems
- Adrenaline Injectors
- Heavy Belt - Utility | Pouches |
- Magnetic Grips
- Deployable Vibro-Gladius'
- Neural Interface: The Neural Interface is a networking system that translates electrochemical signals [thoughts] from the users molecular fibre network into digital code and routes them through an interface connection at the rear of the skull, allowing the user to control the armaments and various utilities of the suit on command. The Neural interface also increases reaction time.
- Magnetic Field: The Magnetic Field generated by the coils is capable of deflecting blaster bolts and lightsaber strikes. However a precise strike can penetrate the field and strike the armour and possibly the wearer directly.
- Ceramic Laminate: The heavy plates of the armour are made of heavily multi-layered ceramic laminate, allowing the user to withstand further kinetic energy however enough repeated strikes can still prove dangerous to the wearer. However, the multi-layered plating of the armour provides incredibly high resilience to Kinetic strikes.
- Gel Layer: The Gel Layer of the armour provides heavy kinetic protection for the wearer, dispersing kinetic damage across the body. This mitigates powerful strikes consistently however consistent trauma can overload the gel layer.
- Restriction: The upper chassis of the armour offers extensive protection however, the design restricts the movement of the users torso considerably, preventing the use of movement of the upper torso to counter oncoming attack that therefore makes attacks from the side or back to be far more dangerous and likely to land as the user cannot simply turn their upper torso to defend from said attacks. The armour therefore comes at the cost of a severe restriction of upper body flexibility.
- Pain: The Mag-Coils cause perpetual intense agony as long as the coils are activated, meaning the user can only have the system activated when in immediate danger or for as long as they can possibly withstand it. Additionally, the pain can cause difficulty with focus, which is imperative for effective use of the force in battle.
- Set Up: The armour requires a twenty minute set up with the assistance of a fully automated electronic system as, lifting the individual heavy plates is not possible for standard humans.
- Fatigue: The heaviness of the suit, the perpetual pain; causes severe fatigue for the user throughout a prolonged fight.
Following the creation of the ancient eye and the separation of the Matador from his altruistic loyalties to the Tol Varen leadership; the Matador wished to re-forge his identity with the creation of a new suit of armour.
The Sovereign Impetus suit of armour is built specifically to manage The Matador's fighting style and imperfections. The Sovereign Impetus suit helps the Matador manage his hereditary heart disease through an on board heart stabilisation system that assists in managing coherent heart functions and blood pressure. Furthermore, the suit is built to withstand continuous abuse beyond what is capable of standard armour. This is only possible through the physique of the Matador, allowing for excessive armour plating and redundancy systems to allow the user to keep going throughout a fight regardless of injury.
The Sovereign Impetus armour is designed to inspire fear, its intricate golden designs are inscribed with a mixture of Dravalan and Mandalorian inspired hieroglyphs that give tribute to the Matador's past. However, the overall plate design is also reflective of anubian culture.
The Impetus armour is the symbol of a dawn of a new area for the Matador, a new chapter in his life as the War-Chieftain of the Ancient Eye.
Edited by The Matador, 14 January 2018 - 04:08 PM.