OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a Mandoalorian transport fur use in various mercantile and transport situations.
- Image Source: LucasFilm, EA, Bioware "Star Wars the Old Republic, Mandalorian Blockade"
- Canon Link: GR-75 Medium Tansport, Mandalorian Cruiser
- Restricted Missions: None
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalMotors; Various Mandalorian Ship Building Companies
- Model: MM-BR 75 Heavy Transport
- Affiliation: Open-Market
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Mandalorian Steel (Newer Models)
- Durasteel (Older Models)
- Various Ship Components
- Classification: Heavy Transport
- Length: 180 Meters
- Width: 50 Meters
- Height: 29 Meters
- Armament: Very Low
- Laser Cannons (4-6)
- Defenses: Moderate
- Hangar: Very Low: 0
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Life Support Systems
- Standard Starship Safety Meassures
- Aural Sensor
- Flight Computer
- Modular Construction
- Modular Cargo Modules
- Insane Carry Capacity: On top of the large amount of weight the ship can comfortable hold in atmosphere, it boasts both inner and outer storage compatible with a variety of different branded modular storage modules. As most of the ship is a cargo hold, it can hold a variety of items without much protest from the ship itself.
- Open Source: Because the design is open source, it is incredibly easy to modify.
- Escort Please: With almost no weapons to speak of and only modest shielding and Mandalorian Steel armor plating, the Mandalorian Heavy Transport requires an escort to be able to fly comfortably.
- Ion Cannons: The ship does not have any Ion or EMP resistance.
Description: Originally designed by MandalMotors, the MM-BR 75 Heavy Transport, or more generally described as the Mandalorian Transport, is a heavy transport designed to carry a large amount of cargo. Inspired by the GR-75 and the Mandalorian Cruisers of old, the Mandalorian Transport boasts modest shielding and armor with little to no weaponry, depending on the model and make. The design was made Open Source for Mandalorian companies prior to the Gulag Plague and have been the bulk transport of choice for hundreds of years. Because of their open source nature, several different models have sprung up, usually the only difference between mass produced models being size, which varied from 90 meters to 450 meters, and how many laser cannons are equipped which was usually only four to six in order to reduce the size of the required power supply to maximize storage capacity. Despite their aging design, MandalMotors continues to manufacture new transports, but aging, centuries old models can be found throughout used ship stores across the Outer Rim and Wild Space.
Edited by Zeke Farthen, 15 January 2018 - 02:03 PM.