OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A new personal weapon for Ar'ekk Daesharacor
- Image Source: ArtStation
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Ar'ekk Daesharacor
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Ar'ekk Daesharacor
- Modularity: Yes (Certain parts, crystals)
- Production: Unique
- Material: Lightsaber components, Durasteel, Cracked Dantari Crystal (Blue)
- Classification: Crossguard Lightsaber
- Size: Large (One-handed/Two-handed)
- Hilt: Average (30cm)
- Blade: Average (91cm)
- Vents: Average (10cm)
- Weight: Heavy (1.5kg)
- The crystal slowly replenishes Ar'ekk's force energy.
- The crossguard lightsaber can only be wielded by its creator.
- The crystal maintains the user's energy expenditure, returning small amounts of force power over time.
- The crystal is bonded to Ar'ekk through the Force, and thus will be unresponsive to anyone else trying to wield the weapon.
- The crossguard lightsaber is vulnerable to cortosis as it will short circuit for a time upon impact.
- The crystal is unstable which produces a more thundering hum, making the user an even easier target to detect during battle.
- The crossguard lightsaber will short circuit if submerged under water.
A decade after Ar'ekk Daesharacor fought in Malachor V against the ever relentless Sith, he sought refuge in the most recondite planet of the galaxy: Sanctuary. There he reunited with his Jedi Master Tugoro Taidarious, who would bring him under his tutelage once again and together would complete the Padawan's training. After months of hard work and visiting a cave of ancient Jedi, Ar'ekk Daesharacor was officially recognized as a Jedi Knight by the will of the council.
Shortly after this, Ar'ekk and Tugoro split ways to combat their own battles instead of staying together like they did before. On one hand, the fresh Jedi Knight ended up in Nar Shaddaa and lost his way to power and greed, building a new criminal empire called The Hawk's Circle. Everything seemed to go just fine until old friendly faces came to his rescue, fearing he had fallen to the dark side. His soulmate Jyn Sol brought him back to his senses, plus his friend Cassius Droma and Jedi Grandmaster Romi Jade. Ar'ekk decided to depart Nar Shaddaa with Jyn Sol but not before destroying all operations built by his criminal empire.
Once that was done, Ar'ekk would leave with Jyn to her homeworld in Je'daii Space: Aurum. This was the perfect opportunity to let go of the past and with that his old lightsaber, which would remain locked up in a secret compartment aboard the Ebon Hawk. By visiting different planets to collect all necessary instruments to craft a new lightsaber, Ar'ekk would find a cracked Dantari crystal being sold by a Rodian vendor on Zakuul as he needed one for the final touch. Once he made it back to Aurum and finished putting the elegant weapon for a more civilized age, the young half masked man would be the owner of a crossguard lightsaber. Its blue unstable plasma beamed brightly and the thunderous hum was more notable, something he noticed right away.
Edited by Arekk, 27 February 2018 - 11:20 PM.