Source: https://www.artstati...starwars-sketch ]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To expand upon the previously mentioned planet in the Eclipse of Nibelungen thread, a planet dominated by the ancient eye and a central part of its religious dominance.
- Image Credit:
- Canon: N/A
- Links: The Ancient Eye | Mythos
- Planet Name: Caradin
- Demonym: Caridian
- Region: Outer Rim
- System Name: Timo
- System Features: Two moons, singular sun.
- Coordinates: AL-33
- Major Imports: Durasteel, various ores, weaponry
- Major Exports: Soldiers, various resources, moisture farming technology, corpses
- Gravity: Standard
- Climate: Temperate
- Primary Terrain: Desert Tundra's cover the majority of the planet, with the southern region being mostly grassland with interconnecting lakes that surround the more built up areas of Caradim.
[Source: https://gerezon.devi...Clean-414346620 ]
Situated in the Southern region of Caradin, Salem is a multi-level, multi-function city scape that houses a large portion of the well educated and loyal citizens on Caradin on its upper levels. Salem is a city dedicated to the idea of ascension, it is the home of the infamous Bellators and houses many gladiatorial arena's for the people of the Ancient Eye to test their mettle, and to prove that they are worthy of ascension. Necropolis is one of the most popularly visited areas within TAE space, and operates as a example of their strength.
Salem is defended by massive high rising duracrete walls, Bellator soldiers stand on watch every night as multiple AA Gun positions are on constant watch throughout the night. It is imperative to the Ancient Eye to keep their people safe. However, while that farce is complimentary to civilian passivity; the real reasoning is the protection of the deep stretching catacombs beneath.
Pyramid of Ascension
[source: https://gerezon.devi...tice2-408571020 ]
The Pyramid of Ascension is a place of worship and pilgrimage, and home to the Priesthood on Caradim. This particular sect of the priesthood are dedicated to ascension. Those who seek this place, are those whom are certain of death or wish for it. Those who die within the halls of the Pyramid are transformed into undead warriors for the armies of the Ancient Eye.
[Source: https://www.devianta...-city-385753299 ]
Kad Morte is a massive city that was built before the Ancient Eye came to Caradin, slowly built as a massive city scape integrated into the depths of the planet. Kad Morte goes on as far as the eye can see when one goes down, housing billions of the working class serving as an industrial city. A majority of the old Jedi holdings and government buildings have been retro-fitted as industrial facilities to create weaponry and new technology for the Ancient Eye.
- Native Species: Human
- Immigrated Species: Humans, Twi'Lek, Wookie, Rodian, Gungan, Chiss
- Population: High
- Demographics: The class system put in place by the Ancient Eye separates the various species into a caste based system, enforced by the priesthood promising ascension and advancement to those who become loyal. The majority of the populace is slowly becoming more war like as the Ancient Eye's influence continues to grow.
- Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
The Culture of Caradin was previously a simplistic society based the beliefs of the Jedi order that previously overseen the worlds governing. However, with the conquering of the planet by The Ancient Eye, the culture has been twisted into a religiously empowered feudal military society lead by assigned Barons by the ancient eye. Society is caste based, like every other world within the Ancient Eye's control. Separated into different classes. The culture is based on the Anubian belief and worship of death, and the discipline of both physical and mental aspects of life.
The society is a form of slavery enforced by the Warlords of The Ancient Eye that promotes zealotry and a belief in ascension through glorious death in battle and servitude to the Anubian Pantheon, believing the leaders of the Ancient Eye to be vassals for these gods, ruling by divine right.
The Priesthood are the spiritual leaders of The Ancient Eye, their system of belief focuses on a central idea of the purity of power, and the ascension promised upon Death. Death, is just another path to greater strength. The Priesthood tell legends of gods to the people, of those powerful in both mind and body, but also the force. Such as Sekhmet, the Warrior who ascended to Godhood and Immortality through her great skill. Or Anubis, a powerful force user who mastered necromancy and became a catalyst for the ascension of those worthy of godhood.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: Feudal Theocratic Monarchy
- Affiliation: The Ancient Eye
- Wealth: High due to the exports of minerals and weaponry developed on Caradim. The population is largely a workforce, devoted to lifelong servitude. Therefore, living expenditures are low and income is high.
- Stability: High, the people of Caradin are largely indebted to servitude through religious indoctrination and the enforcement of the feudal theocratic monarchy system put in place by Warlords on every other TAE world.
- Freedom & Oppression: Like the other worlds under the control of the Ancient Eye, the Warlords work in coherence with the priesthood to ensure a generally passive populace, slowly forming them into loyal zealots. Using their own military power to enforce their views and demonstrate their power. Oppression is prevalent within Caridian society as those who dare speak against the Ancient Eye are never heard from again.
- Military: Kad Salem spreads through most of the western region of the world below the surface and it's entire purpose is to churn out souls and bodies to feed the war machine of the ancient eye. Producing the same amount of soldiers by the will of the Warlords for use in the expansionistic conquests to come. Due the popular use of Gladiator arenas, bodies are regularly transported to other Ancient Eye planets for use in necromancy, bolstering the military might of all of the planets under the Ancient Eye's control. The use of necromancy acts as a supplementary force to the Ancient Eye's main forces. Normally used as canon fodder or distractions while other forces complete objectives.
- Technology: Technologically speaking, Caradim is equivalent to many modern day civilised planets in regards to technology, however much of it is repurposed. The living standards of the people on Caradim are significantly lower quality than those in many other places within the Ancient Eye's reach. Such an example being the planets use of a planetary shield array to defend the research stations on the planet.
Thousands of years ago, a group of autocratic Jedi set up governments on several planets, including Nibelungen and Edemar, escaping known space to avoid the endless wars in the known galaxy. Upon the discovery of Caradim, the Jedi found primitive colonies of humans, adopting them into their own society and teaching them the wonders of technology. For centuries, Caradim prospered under the autocratic rule of Jedi. For many centuries this planet alongside a few others were left almost entirely beyond the reaches of the endless wars of light and dark under the autocratic rule of the Jedi. The people of Caradim became spiritual and echoed the way of the Jedi in many ways.
Caradim prospered under the leadership of four Jedi council members, who acted as dukes on behalf of the Jedi autocracy that ruled from their central planet of Nibelungen. The Jedi Councils seat of power was Nibelungen, their Grandmaster sent Council Members to govern the worlds, allowing the people to prosper under autocratic rule.
The Ancient Eye began upon the agreement between of several individuals that the Galaxy required a stronger hand, a more powerful reign. Beginning the search for the fabled artefact known as the Ancient Eye on Nibelungen, and it's subsidiaries.
Once the Ancient Eye attacked; the Jedi autocracy and the major government holdings were attacked, being swiftly defeated by the Ancient Eye forces. The Jedi were outmatched and outnumbered, their forces fell over night. The people of Caradim, who had not seen war nor experienced conflict in so long easily fell into the hands of the feudal theocratic monarchy, slowly over time Caradim began to mould into what the vision the Ancient Eye had enforced. The people became more warrior like, disciplined and better educated under the militant rule of the Ancient Eye.
Their people are oppressed, but many embrace it as the people of the world become more independent, industrialised and technologically advanced, with greater economic benefits on the rise as the ancient eye reconnects them with the rest of the Galaxy. Reinforcing their belief of strife and struggle leading to advancement The Warlords ensure that those who work hard, receive rewards, prospering from their advancement, living in luxury. The Warlords work in coherence with the priesthood to keep their people in line and to ensure loyalty under the Religious rule of the Ancient Eye's priesthood. The people of Caradim becoming religiously zealous in servitude to the Ancient Eye. Those who remain loyal, are allowed to live within the safety of the cities.
However, there are pockets of resistance lead by remnants of the autocratic Jedi known as the 'Hand of Light' outside of the city. These terrorists attacks however are irregular and usually efficiently put down by the Ancient Eye.
Edited by The Matador, 18 January 2018 - 08:09 PM.