OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create the College for which Galderra Magic is taught
- Image Credit: Lichtenstein Castle by -donald- - CC
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Force Philosophy
- Structure Name: College of Galderra/Galderra Mages School
- Classification: Temple and School/College
- Location: Wann Tsir
- Affiliation: Eddak Manod
- Accessibility: It is located near Castle Galderra, and moderately guarded - However access is not intrinsically forbidden; Only certain areas are off-limits
- Security: Volunteer Guards from Galderra, Temple Guards
- Description: The Mages College of Galderra Magic is a place that teaches those who wish to learn it. It has very few living spaces, and requires the first steps of learning Galderra Magic to be trained within the College. It is a gated community to ensure the safety of the trainers, trainees, and the secrets and artifacts of the Galderran Order. The foundation is made of Permacite to ensure it does not crack or crumble under the immense weight, especially from the tower. While most of the structure is made of Ferrocrete to help protect against attack and the windows made of Permaplex for good sturdy view, the doors are made of Turadium and decorated with Crystadurium to keep out the unwanted. The Mages of Galderra do not anticipate attack, but just as the city does; it prepares. Other than the large tower which holds the most sacred objects of the Order, the College has a specially crafted Alusteel bell for when training is commenced in the training hall, and when the doors are closed to outsiders. Only after may outsiders have limited access.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Gatehouse - Although small, it has two beds in its main tower, which hold the volunteers from Castle Galderra who choose to pledge service to the College. It is restricted to the specific volunteers, the Temple Guards, and high ranking Mages of the Order.
Courtyard - A very small courtyard separating the Gatehouse and the main portion of the College. It has a small fountain in the center, and against the walls are bushes and assorted flowers; Tellandan Moonflowers, Palomellas, Puffballs, and some Murakami Orchids. Some flowers were allowed to be picked by residents of the college if they wished to create compounds or mixtures.
Training Hall - The forward building of the college is a three-floor high open room, used only for training or meditation by the residents of the college. When training is not in session, it is merely used as a hall to walk through.
Residential Hall - The second largest building of the college. It holds living spaces on the ground floor, and the Arcanum; the grand library holding information individuals can read on the history of the college, the order, the philosophy of Galderra Magic, abilities, and other items. In the very top floor, is a place of worship, where others may pray or meditate; it is a place of complete silence. The Arcanum and the Place of Worship are restricted to residents of the college. The Living Quarters, specifically, are only restricted to residents, not the hallways, and residents may allow others into their room; it is not against any rules. There can only be a max of eight(8) students at any given time. The Residential Hall also goes one floor underground, and has Refresher areas, along with a small, warmed, pond-like bathing area for relaxation.
Sacred Tower - The Sacred Tower is absolutely off limits to all who are not at least "Knight" level or equivalent of residents within the College. Under certain circumstances, a lower rank may be requested to the High/Elder Mages Office, or an Outsider may request to speak with the Head of the College, and they would be escorted there. The Head Mages Office is on the first floor of the Sacred Tower. On the Second Floor, is the living quarters for the Temple Guards, which can be made into bunks instead of beds, if necessary. The Third Floor would hold special weapon-like artifacts that may be used by Temple Guards, Padawan-equivalent students, or kept under lock and key for other purposes. The Fourth Flour holds sacred texts that hold knowledge for more powerful abilities which are not safe to be kept within the Arcanum. The Fifth Floor holds any other sacred artifacts that the College wishes to hold on to or keep out of the hands of any unwanted. The Sixth and final floor (There is no opening to the top of the tower) holds the 'Ancients Power,' an old and small Force Shard that was held by the Ancient Elders who looked after the Neyhrakiin. The final floor has its own dedicated Temple Guards, who stand on either side of its podium to ensure its protection.
The College of Galderra is relatively new to Galderra, especially new to Wann Tsir. It was constructed under the order of King Eddak Manod who discovered the Order of Neyhral who had long awaited for the next Neyhrakiin. The Elders of the Order taught Eddak the ways of Galderra Magic, a Force Philosophy, which was more similar to Dathomir Magic but not exceptionally separate from the Force. Galderra had a long history of being untrustworthy to Force Users, and it seemed the untrust came from one, older, Neyhrakiin who fell to what is considered the 'Dark Side,' and turned against the people of Galderra for greed and power. The stories ended up being lost, or changed, which ultimately meant Galderra Magic was lost, and the Monastery of the Elders was long forgotten. With what he was taught, Eddak would teach this extension of life to others who chose to follow after him. It is always said by those who volunteer themselves that Galderra Magic is for the benefit of the people; not to save them, or increase their power.... but to guide them. Of course, there is no denying it is to help protect Galderra.
After Eddak was taught the ways of Galderra Magic, he made an executive order for the knowledge he held of it to be stored within the college so it may never die again. So that whenever he must leave, the people won't be afraid, as they have protectors - and hopefully, soon after, a new Neyhrakiin. Eddak himself assisted in the construction of the College, not just by Galderra Royal Treasury, but by his own hands. Eddak is currently the 'Head Mage' of the College, but the office was not made for him, as his place is King, and he must sit on the throne and do his duties, not training students, unfortunately.
Edited by Eddak Manod, 12 February 2018 - 09:40 PM.