OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a refitted and upgraded Providence-class Carrier/Destroyer for the present CIS.
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: Here
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Model: Providence II
- Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Production: Limited
- Material: Reinforced Quadranium Frame, Damage Reduction Armor, Matrix Armor, Glasteel (Viewports)
- Classification: Carrier/Destroyer
- Length: 2500 meters
- Width: 240 meters
- Height: 700 meters
- Armament: Average
- Defenses: High
- Hangar: Extreme: 22
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Very Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Low: 3
- Military Grade Energy Shielding
- Military Grade Particle Shielding
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Targeting Systems
- Standard Sensory Array
- Detention Cells
- Escape Pods
- Thermal Shielding
- Redundant Shielding
- B1-TM3 Package
- HoloNet Transceiver
- Encryption Network
- Integrated Droid Brain Automation Systems
- Like it's predecessor, and different from it's counterpart, the Providence II Destroyer/Carrier does not sacrifice as much weaponry for it's hangar capacity.
- To enhance it's durability the Providence II-class has been outfitted with significantly stronger plating and defense systems. This includes redundant shielding, a B1-TM3 package and Socketguards against internal slicing. Similar, but stronger to the ordnance of it's smaller counterpart.
- Integrated Droid Brain allows the Providence to operate itself with a skeleton crew.
- Unlike it's smaller counterpart, the Providence II Destroyer/Carrier boasts a much larger fighter count.
- Like it's predecessor and it's counterpart the Providence-class still possesses it's signature bridge tower. While it is not the main operating area of the ship, it is a target due to it's potential of housing important vessel personnel.
- While it's armament is higher than it's smaller counterpart, it still requires it's fighters and a variety of support ships. The Providence II must be guarded but does not require as much as it's smaller counterpart to perform it's function.
- Like any ship of it's design, the Providence II suffers from most electrical attacks by enemy fleets.
Description: There was no question when it came to building a larger model of the Providence II-class Assault Carrier. Every one of the naval command knew that it was not right to create only the smaller version of the Providence class, if they were going to build the Providence they would also need to construct the more sizable version.
Edited by Katria Vekarr, 22 January 2018 - 08:35 PM.