OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To sub Elpsis' lightsabre.
- Image Source: Here. Found on powerlisting.wikia. Unknown artist.
- Canon Link: N/A.
- Restricted Missions: N/A.
- Primary Source: Vanquish,
- Manufacturer: Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori, Draco Vereen
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori
- Modularity: Crystal and power cellscan be swapped.
- Production: Unique
- Krayt Dragon Pearl (primary focusing crystal)
- Dantari Crystal (secondary focusing crystal)
- Madog Steel (received ooc permission from Ijaat Mereel to use his sub, tagging him here so that he can confirm this with a like)
- Standard lightsabre components
- Classification: Lightsabre.
- Size: Average
- Length: Hilt 25 cm, blade 110 cm.
- Weight: Light
- Bifurcating Cyclical Ignition Pulse
- Non-dimetris circuits
- Dual Phase (Standard and Shoto)
- Biometric Pressure Grip
- Force imbuement
- Faraday Cage
- Reduces Force Fatigue
- All the standard strengths of a lightsabre.
- Due to Non-dimetris circuitry, it cannot be shorted out by cortosis, only blocked.
- Can be utilised in water.
- Due to the imbuement, Elpsis can channel the Force through the weapon so that the sabre is able to harm demons, spirits and other Force apparitions.
- Reduces Force Fatigue
- This feature requires concentration and focus. The weapon is attuned to her Force presence, but she must actively channel her power through it to harm the aforementioned entities. This can be distracting.
- Madog Steel causes the hilt to emanate a minor Force aura. This makes being stealthy a bit more difficult, as it is easier to sense the wielder.
- Possesses most customary weaknesses of a lightsabre. Namely a weakness in penetrating lightsabre-resistant alloys (beskar, phrik, cortosis, songsteel etc.), Vonduun Skerr Kyrric and Amphistaffs and a lack of mass. The latter limits the amount of power a wielder can unleash with each blow, compared to a physical blade that can cause physical trauma through sheer force.
- Lightsabres are weak at blocking conventional bullets (slug rounds etc.).
As a Jedi, Elpsis never got around to building her own lightsabre. Or even utilising anything beyond a standard training sabre. (Un)fortunately, her career as a Jedi was cut short by a traumatic encounter with her father Xerexes, a sadistic Sith Lord. Though she was saved from the torment he inflicted upon her, she was unable to cope and ran away from the Jedi Temple.
What followed were many years spent on the streets of Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa, the underworld and general scumpits. Eventually, she acquired a real lightsabre by taking it from the corpse of a dead Sith on Ossus during the Netherworld Event.
She used this weapon until she lost it while fighting One Sith minions during the Corellian League's raid on Sith-held Corellia. Finally she decided that it was time to build her own. At this point, she'd become a good deal less angsty and joined Firemane Industries as a semi-independent contractor.
Her new glowstick served her through many battles, such as the Omega War, Kaeshana and Mustafar. It was a utilitarian and fairly standard weapon. More recently, she and and her buddy Laira Darkhold fought and killed a Krayt Dragon on Terax. During the course of the brutal fight, Elpsis tossed her lightsabre into its mouth, which helped end the beast. Rather than retrieve the blade, she decided to make a new, more customised one, since the pair had conveniently acquired Krayt Dragon Pearls.
One was used by Laira for her first sabre, the other was claimed by Elpsis. Hopefully she will not end up losing her third sabre as well. Regardless, Elpsis modelled her weapon on Laira's to a degree.
The hilt is composed of finely crafted, engraved Madog Steel. This ancient Je'daii metal was originally created by the ancient Je'daii Master Vur Tepe Tem Madog, and later rediscovered by Ijaat Mereel, who passed his knowledge on to Draco Vereen.
Conveniently, Draco is Laira's father, so he was nice enough to make the hilt for Elpsis. It probably helped that she's very nice to his daughter, but this one digresses. The metal has been attuned to the Force aura of its wielder, bonding them. Furthermore, it possesses minor lightsabre resistance. Finally, it enables Elpsis to imbue the weapon with the Force. This allows it to harm Force apparitions such as spirits and demons, in the same way as a Force imbued blade would. Elpsis has a personal reason for this since while her father was killed many years ago by Siobhan Kerrigan, she ran into him in the Netherworld. So if he returns as a spirit, this gives her a tool to slay him. Besides, she's run into her share of malevolent spirits and Force abominations during her travels. Leather is wrapped around the hilt, and there's a small bone talisman hanging off the chain. Said talisman does not yield any benefits whatsoever. Both are just there because Elpsis is nature girl.
The second important feature is the inclusion of a Dantari crystal. Compared to Laira, Elpsis is more of a mage in combat, as she relies heavily on her Force powers, especially her pyromancy. Moreover, she's physically blind and depends on the Force to see. Thus the Dantari was included to serve as a secondary focusing crystal. This allows her to recover faster from Force fatigue and delay the moment she reaches that point to begin with. A refined Krayt Dragon Pearl acts as primary focusing crystal. The blade has an orange colour, projecting an appropriately fiery light.
Aside from these two components, the features of the lightsabre are quite standard in this day and age. A bifurcating cyclical ignition pulse enables underwater use. Non-dimetris circuitry ensures that contact with cortosis will not short out the blade. The Faraday Cage gives the electronic components limited resistance against ion attacks and the like. Due to a dual phase setting, the length of the blade can be adjusted, switching between a standard longsword and a shoto.
However, the weapon has the standard lightsabre weaknesses against lightsabre-resistant alloys such as beskar, phrik and so on. Elpsis considers this acceptable since she views her lightsabre as more of a backup, as opposed to a primary weapon.
Edited by Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori, 24 January 2018 - 05:13 PM.