OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a new, unique species
- Image Credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Name: Symbosys Symbosysia(pl.)
- Designation: Sentient
- Homeworld: N/A
- Language: Galactic Basic,
- Average Lifespan: Unknown, thought to be over 1,000 years.
- Estimated Population: Scattered (Smaller groups found in many places around the galaxy)
- Description: While humanoid in appearance, it is obvious they are not humans, their body is in constant shift as if they are liquid. Their bodies can morph weapons and they can shift their body into any shape. Their body is described as being able to turn from liquid to solid with ease.
- Breathes: Does not breath
- Average height of adults: 6'-8' or 1.82m - 2.44m
- Average length of adults: In liquid form, 1m
- Skin color: Variety colours, common colours can include, black, red, violet, green or a mixture of those.
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: Distinctions within the Symbosys is mostly their colours, they can be a variety of colours and even a mixture. There is female identifying Symbosysia and male ones. Younger Symbosysia are more bloodthirsty than older Symbosysia.
- Races: Generally it is thought that the distinct colours represents a different personality trait of the species. So, people believe Black Parasymbosysia are intelligent, cunning and aggressive. Black Parasymbosysia are usually hired by crime lords as bodyguards or grunts in battles. Red Symbosysia are hyper-aggressive, very cunning, high bloodlust and moderate intelligence. Red Symbosysia are usually assassins or grunts thrown into battle. They usually affiliate themselves with Dark Siders and hunger for organic life more than other Symbosys. Violet Symbosys are highly intelligent, flirtatious and moderate aggression. Violet Symbosysia tend to be more female in their appearance, increased telepathic powers over the others and often seek to be leaders rather than be lead. Green Symbosysia are the most passive but still dangerous and can be provoked into aggression, highly intelligent and often find themselves aligned with Light Siders. Mixture of colours is assumed to be a mixture of personalities but this is not exact.
- can survive most attacks that would kill other humanoids, not having organs their body can be split by melee/projectile attacks which can then reform back into the humanoid shape
- increased strength, agility and dexterity.
- Limbs can morph into weapons and their bodies can morph into any shape due to its liquid like form. They can create melee weapons like swords and axes, and can throw spear-like objects. These melee weapons are just as dangerous as standard melee weapons.
- Can shoot projectiles from its body. These spear-like projectiles are sharp and can pierce most standard armour.
- Can absorb projectiles from slugthrowers. Their liquid-like form means that projectiles from slugthrowers go through the body and the Symbosys does not feel any pain from the attack.
- Sonic attacks, sonic attacks render the Symbosys unable to move and high frequency attacks will turn them into puddles unable to do anything for several hours after the sonic attack has finished.
- fire is seen as terrifying to the Symbosysia as the fire causes them actual pain and makes it difficult for the Symbosysia to keep a humanoid shape and intense heat can even kill Symbosysia by making them evaporate
- unable to maintain strength if not fed regularly,
- being frozen solid, it is impossible for them to move and when the ice is shattered they are killed. They also remain frozen, unable to move or change shape.
- Lightsabers, other Lightsabers like weapons, cauterise the Symbosysia making it difficult for them to reform into humanoid shape. It is very difficult to kill one with these times of weapons but not impossible. Blaster fire can kill Symbosysia, however it takes many shots and most people use heavy repeating blaster cannons to do this.
- can cut them into pieces which reduces them into puddle like forms.
- Unable to connect to the Force.
- Takes time for them to reassemble from a puddle form into a humanoid shape. Depending on the amount of damage varies the time it takes to reassemble. If a Symbosys has severe injuries then they can spend 24 hours recovering and reforming into a humanoid shape.
- Diet: Other beings, any life form. Poisonous to them is any organic life them consume that has been poisoned or is poisonous.
- Communication: Galactic Basic, telepathy, writing, Syspathy (native language.)
- Technology level: Standard technology level
- Religion/Beliefs: Believe themselves to be the strongest race alive and that they will one day consume all life in the galaxy or rule all other races.
- General behavior: Symbosysia do not believe in family life or values, they believe that young should be able to survive on their own, especially since the young look like adults. They reproduce asexually so do not seek mates, however, when they are ready to reproduce they do become increasingly aggressive. Their history is shared orally and have genetic memory of their parents as well.
Symbosysia first were thought to originate from an unknown world in the Unknown Regions, however, some catastrophic event caused the world to be destroyed and only asteroids of the world survived. This meant that the Symbosys were scattered across the galaxy and landed on a variety of worlds. Ones with life, which were at a more primeval stage would end up being forced to worship the Symbosys as a deity due to their many strengths and longevity. However, some Symbosysia faced danger in the form of newly discovered weaknesses, such as sonic attacks or fire. Lightsabers were also a new danger to the race, often finding themselves hunted by the Jedi Order for attacking or killing many people. The Sith would often seek the Symbosysia to train or cause chaos on worlds to draw Jedi attention away from themselves. Sadly the Symbosys as a race are unable to connect to the Force.
As time went on, the Symbosys became less influential in the Galactic battles, with the Sith being thought as wiped out and the Jedi posing too much threat with talk of purging the few Symbosys that existed to their knowledge. The Symbosys became part of the Hutt Cartel crew, often as guards to high level Hutts or hitmen, killing their enemies. When the first Galactic Empire rose, many Symbosys saw chance to regrow into a powerful race, to prove they were more than a child's nightmare, that they were gods still once more. Most worked closely with the Emperor, doing his bidding as they hunted remaining Jedi and were taught how to fight and kill them.
After the success of the Rebellion and the installation of the New Republic, the Symbosysia that had served the Empire were hunted down for their crimes. Some were caught and imprisoned but many were able to hide from the New Republic. They supported the First Order and often helped the Order, however, not officially. Attacking Resistance troops, their skills and natural strengths allowed them to take down squads of Resistance while only working in small groups. It made the race highly desirable to demoralising the Resistance, especially since no reports were given to how the Resistance soldiers were killed.
From then on, many Symbosysia worked in fighting the Lightside and supporting empires that rose and fell. During the Gulag plague, there was fear that the Symbosysia might finally become extinct due to their low numbers. However, after the dark years when the Galaxy was able to spread out once more, it was known that most Symbosysia had survived the plague, though still low in numbers. They are now even more spread out, with variety of factions to support, Symbosysia are hidden all over. Some still plotting to become the Gods of the Galaxy, they serve only those they deem worthy.
Edited by Yuroic Xeraic, 20 February 2018 - 03:12 PM.