7 replies to this topic

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a high quality personal heavy pistol.
Image Source: Link xksc_m93r_auto-9_robocop.png.pagespeed.i
Canon Link:N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: Magnetic Accelerator
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: MandalArms, Kaine Australis, WESTAR
Model: XSR-17
Affiliation: Kaine AustralisClosed-Market, WESTAR
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Ferrocarbon, Hadrium, Denscris
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Railgun
  • Size:   Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Railgun ammo, power cell. Power cells are integrated into the magazine.
  • Ammunition Capacity: 50
  • Reload Speed:  Average
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Very-High
  • Recoil: High

SPECIAL FEATURES

Very high muzzle velocity allows projectiles to be launched at fantastic speeds, making them nigh impossible to dodge, and providing a significant kinetic impact.

Strengths:

EMP Resistant
Onboard e-systems allow for seamless link with HUD
Very resistant to wear and external damage.

Weaknesses:

Regular maintenance is essential to prevent critical failure.
A powerful enough EMP will reboot the weapon's onboard system, disabling it for several seconds.
The need for custom made ammunition makes finding reloads on a battlefield practically impossible.
The weapon's semi unique design makes it incompatible with other forms of ammunition.
The weapon itself, and especially the custom ammuniton, have very high manufacturing costs. Only a few hundred rounds are available for each very limited production run.
Significant recoil makes accurate rapid semi-automatic fire very difficult.

DESCRIPTION

Primary Firing Mechanisms
MandalArms has been working on extensive upgrades for the MandalArms firearms line which was now split off into two series: the Gauss series and Railgun series. There are several differences between the two: Gauss guns fire a round that floats within the barrel when being launched therefore suffering no barrel degradation as seen in most firearms or overheating, is cheaper to make, and is completely silent. A rail gun however launches a round at much more powerful speeds than Gauss while being very susceptible to barrel degradation, overheating, being louder, and increased recoil. MandalArms however has addressed these issues to contain the negative effects by decreasing the base rate of fire and magazine sizes in the rail guns series. This does not mean though that the issues are completely gone and that they are not susceptible to its problems. Routine maintenance is still required just like any other firearm.

Recoil
To cut down on recoil, MandalArms has made the inner components of their firearms with a number of metals in addition to its recoil dampening stocks: Condensed-matter composite which was originally designed to distribute forces evenly across a vehicle to prevent any harmful structure vibrations caused by powerful engines and trace amounts of neutronium which was known for “its ultra-dispersive characteristicsâ€. Despite these upgrades, the Railguns still had a sizeable recoil. Padding as simple as cotton was suggested to prevent sore shoulders (haha).

Overpenetration and Regular Rounds
Due to extremely high velocity of the slugs being fired, there is a high possibility that the rounds from even a pistol can completely penetrate through an unarmored or lightly armored opponent, causing little to no kinetic damage to the target. To counteract this, regular rounds for were made to act like frangible rounds in which the rounds would shatter after striking the target. Often the round would penetrate and then shatter, enabling penetration yet allowing the kinetic force of the round to dissipate into the target, causing massive kinetic and internal damage. Even the frangible rounds proved highly capable against medium to heavy armor, causing kinetic trauma even if the round did not pierce due to the massive firepower behind the round (a single assault rifle round has the kinetic yield comparable to that of a .50 caliber round). However, a secondary round was developed to act like a jacketed hollowpoint round in which the round expands at impact yet has massive penetration power. The end result is enabling the rounds to pierce even heavy, mechanized armor, and cause significant damage to light and medium vehicles and yet cause large cavity wounds in the target. Such rounds however easily overpenetrated lightly armored opponents.
OOC Note: The reasoning behind them being effective against vehicles is that they have the kinetic power equal to or greater than that of a modern .50 caliber round which are classified in the military as antitank rounds.

Overheating of Railguns and Round
Similar to Jango Fett's blasters, Dallorian alloy which was naturally resistant to heat, was used in the primary components for preventing the firearms from overheating. In addition, the firearm used a small cooling system that filled the space added by a smaller magazine. However, excessive use still caused the firearms to overheat on occasion if constantly being used in the automatic setting. If the firearm overheated due to the user ignoring the heating display, the firearm would shut down after five more seconds of ignoring the warnings and remain off until the weapon cooled don which could take several seconds.

Barrel Degradation and Rounds
To reduce barrel degradation and damage to rounds, the firearms made use of the alloys ferrocarbon, which was incredibly strong and corrosion resistant, hadrium, which was often seen in the barrels of blasters due to its high melting point and lack of malleability, and Denscris, which also had a high melting point.

Loudness
To reduce the loudness of the firearm, the barrel has been fitted with an advanced sound suppressor.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 07 February 2018 - 10:47 PM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Arken Lussk

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 345 posts

Under Review.

Arken Lussk

Arken Lussk

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 345 posts

Kaine Australis

Hi there, I'll be the judge for this submission. A few things before I can stamp this approved:

• Image source. This needs to be a direct link to the website or the search results for it. TinEye is a good reverse image search tool.

Honestly, that's all I see that needs to be clarified. I'll give this another look-over once you've thrown an image source in the submission.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts
No worries, edited.

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Arken Lussk

Arken Lussk

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 345 posts

Awesome. Pending Secondary Approval. Thanks! Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,176 posts

Kaine Australis | Arken Lussk

Manufacturer: MandalArms, Kaine Australis, WESTAR

Please link WESTAR if you wish to use it as a manufacturer, as it is owned by a Chaos character.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

No worries, I have edited.

KaineSig.gif

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,176 posts

Approved.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png