• Affiliation: Kaine Australis
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Beskar, denscris, hadrium, ferrocarbon, circuitry
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Particle Beam Cannon
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell (Integrated)
  • Ammunition Capacity: 10 shots at 100% power
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Integrated operating system allows for remote targeting and linkage with HUD
  • Variable power settings, from the equivalent of a light push, to a stun blast, to maximum output.
Strengths:
  • Extremely powerful blast on maximum setting. Kinetic as well as energy damage.
    Focused beam allows for precision strikes.
    Integrated targeting allows for hands free operation using HUD.
Weaknesses:
  • Weapon must be mounted or held in both hands. Shoulder mount is ideal, but encumbers user.
    Weapon weight precludes anyone carrying more than one of these.
    Any blockage of the particle emitter aperture will cause catastrophic failure on firing due to the beam detonating inside the weapon's barrel, which is almost certain to be fatal if it explodes inches from the user's head.
    Custom-made and expensive power cells make this weapon prohibitively expensive to maintain and arm. The custom power cells are the only way to power the weapon, any other portable sources would be inadequate to charge the capacitors.
    Reloading is difficult and time consuming, requiring some disassembly of the weapon, hence it cannot be reloaded on the battlefield, requiring some ten minutes even for an experienced user.
DESCRIPTION

The K1 is MandalArms' answer to the desire for a command level soldier to have a portable and effective heavy weapons system capable of engaging even shielded or heavily armoured targets. Particle beams have shown to be almost universally effective during R&D testing, and thus the prototypes were focused in this direction. Currrently the only model in existence is that of General Kaine Australis, as the man who commissioned the K1 project, he is the ultimate beneficiary of the outcome, and insisted on being the first to use the weapon under battlefield conditions.

Integrated power and communications make the K1 usable on a shoulder mount, or carried in both hands. Recoil is not insignificant, so mounting is the recommended method of deployment. K1 has its own custom designed power cells, utilizing the most advanced energy isotopes available. These cells aren't compatible with any other weapon, nor can K1 work with standard power units. Each one is handmade, and thus they are exceedingly rare and expensive.

K1 is state of the art, heavy on firepower, following the Australis' philosophy that if you're going to hit a target, hit it as hard as you can, first time. K1 is designed with this tradition in mind, allowing for fast, accurate, devastaing firepower in a limited personal capacity, without the need for a starfighter or tank, or mounted static emplacement.

Mod request 9.3.18

Edited by Therran Graush, 09 March 2018 - 04:56 AM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Haytham Kaze

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,141 posts

Under Review.

<p class="bbc_center">Factory.jpg

Haytham Kaze

Haytham Kaze

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,141 posts

MandalArms,
Link to this manufacturer.

Kaine Australis 

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

No worries, I have edited.

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Haytham Kaze

Haytham Kaze

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,141 posts

Kaine Australis

Make sure to tag your factory judge when you've made an edit for a timely response.

Haytham Kaze

Haytham Kaze

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,141 posts

Awesome. Pending Secondary Approval. Thanks! Jamie Pyne

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 18,341 posts

Affiliation: Kaine Australis, Closed-Market, Westar

Unique means there are only one of these, please change your affiliation to label the person this will be used by. 

YTpxQeU.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

Nadja Keto

Fixed

KaineSig.gif

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 18,341 posts

Approved.

YTpxQeU.png