OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A new arm for Quoron Vizsla
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: None (Unique)
- Primary Source: Cybernetics
- Manufacturer: Tal Vizsla (Mandalorian Empire)
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Quoron Vizsla
- Modularity: None
- Production: Unique
- Material: Bes'kar, Carbon, Energy Cells, Electronics
- Classification: Armored Prosthetic Limb
- Weight: Heavy
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: High
- EMP/ION: Average
- Sonic: High
- Elemental (Heat): High
- Elemental (Electricity): Average
- Elemental (Cold): Low
- Blasters (and other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: Average
- EMP/ION: Low
- Sonic: Average
- Elemental (Heat): High
- Elemental (Electricity): Low
- Elemental (Cold): None
- Bes'kar Construction
- Standard Comlink
- Hyperwave Comlink
- Buckler Shield Generator
- Durable: Well, it IS made of bes'kar.
- Strong: See above. Comparable strength to Crushgaunts.
- Shielded: Both from EMP/Ion/Electrical attacks, and via the built-in generator (when active)
- High Carbon, Very High Carbon: The ratio of bes'kar to carbon has been skewed in favor of lightness, rendering it less durable vs lightsabers than standard quality bes'kar.
- Don't Go Touching The Power Couplings: While the arm itself is resistant to electrical damage, the synthetic nerve bundles used to control it still connect to Quoron's natural nervous system and will channel electricity straight to them if the arm is struck near the shoulder. Feedback's a bitch.
- Easy On The Defense: While the energy shield itself is nearly impervious to personal weaponsfire, the emitter will overheat with prolonged use and force a shutdown (potentially mid-combat if Quoron isn't careful).
Quoron got his arm lopped off, so Tal built him a new one. A better one. One forged in fire and decked out with cool gadgets. Like this here buckler shield generator. Ain't she a beauty? Fully adjustable to any size between 10 cm and 1 meter in diameter, and capable of taking one helluva beating. It'll stop everything from lightsabers and blasters to kinetic slugs and sonic blasts. Just watch out for overheating. Using it too much will force a mandatory cooling shutdown that will take it out of commission for several minutes and force it into cooldown mode. It can absorb half a dozen solid strikes from a lightsaber, five times that number of slugs or sonic blasts, and ten times as many standard power blaster bolts before triggering the cooldown. Watch out for Ion weapons though, it'll only take two or three hits from those to overheat and force it into cooldown.
Other useful knick-knacks include the fully encrypted comm systems that let Quoron keep in contact with his naval forces no matter where he may be, and the nifty holoprojector for all those times when using words just won't quite get the picture across. Oh, and it's made of Bes'kar. Very high carbon bes'kar though, in order to keep it as light as possible. It's still a fair bit heavier than a flesh and blood arm and will take some getting used to, but once he's got the hang of it it shouldn't slow him down too much.
Edited by Tal Vizsla, Today, 10:35 AM.