OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create an interceptor for Didact.
- Image Source: [x] [x] [x] EVE Online
- Canon Link: /
- Restricted Missions: /
- Primary Source: /
- Manufacturer: Didact Defense Solutions.
- Model: Keeno-class Interceptor
- Affiliation: Didact Defense Solutions.
- Production: Limited
- Material: Alusteel, glasteel.
- Classification: Interceptor.
- Length: 9.6 meters
- Width: 6.5 meters
- Height: 3 meters
- Armament: Average
- Defenses: Very Low
- Squadron Count: Moderate (16)
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: Slow (5)
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Deflector Shield Generator
- Standard Hyperdrive
- Standard Ion Engines
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Sensor Array
- Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Concussion Missile Launcher
- Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
- Swiveling Weapon Mounts (laser cannons)
- 4x Phantom-class Short-Range Sensor Jammer
- Fast and Maneuverable. As any interceptor, the Keeno is focused on being fast and maneuverable.
- Jamming. The Keeno is capable of jamming sensors once in the field, which improves its ability to survive.
- Degrees. Its weapon mounts aren't fixed, so it can hit targets whatever direction it is angled.
- Fragile. These starfighters aren't meant to take a beating. If it faces a foe it can't outrun or maneuver? It will go down with enough firepower.
- Hyperdrive. Very slow hyperdrive, it's more meant for emergency situations. If it wants to get where it needs to go, it needs a dedicated carrier. If that gets destroyed? The Keeno is practically a sitting duck.
Description: Didact Defense Solutions was a mercenary and private security corporation that was mostly focused on ground-based operations. This was found to be quite... limiting in their approach. It was during a particular mission hosted by a Sith in Chiss Space that Tash realized that clear space superiority was important in their mission.
With the acquisition of the shipyards of Baktoid Didact had the ability to produce their own starships. Its first attempt was an interceptor- its focus was to tick off on the standard desires a galactic interceptor needed to have.
Fast, maneuverable, surviving as long as possible.
That was the Keeno Interceptor. It possessed jamming systems to stretch out its survival rate and swiveling mounts to maximize the damage output it possessed.
Edited by Itash Mecetti, 14 February 2018 - 04:58 PM.