OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To make a standard component for Saotome submissions
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Saotome Foundry
- Model: Saotome System
- Affiliation: Company Name(s) (Sasori and Subsidiaries)
- Modularity: Designed to go on Saotome and Sasori ships
- Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)
- Detection and Deactivation: Working as a two pronged system, the scanner has a long range and can detect incoming missiles. THen with a high chance based on its system memory of missile schematics. It can't deactivate all of them if modified to be different then the original schematic but once within range they can be deactivated
- Design Specs: One of the limitations of the system is modifications. special made ones that deviate from the original specs in a way that it can't technically be recognized by the computer.
Designed to be an external ship countermeasure for Saotome and Sasori ships. The old missile deactivation transmitter was useful for protecting a ship and so Saotome has designed one of their own. It isn't universal and relies heavily on designed specifications from the schematics. Which is helpful for the most part but for those custom missiles and rare ones it can become next to useless or modified missiles where the schematics have been changed it can turn into trouble. The transmitter additionally has a medium range compared to many other sensors. THe missiles have to get within a range to be dangerous still and it is not all encompassing. There are going to be dead spots where the sensor can't fully reach around the engines and hanger bay doors. The few drawbacks that it has for the transmitter give it anything that they might be able to use and fight against. It is made to work with the sensor networks and power that is used for combat situations. Outside of red alerts and combat scenarios it is rarely going to be powered on. Working on the principles of the system, the signal that is sent out to deactivating the guiding frequencies of the missiles. Being able to deactivate a large amount but nothing can be perfect.
Edited by Anaara Clandestine, 19 February 2018 - 10:02 PM.