OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide the Republic Remnant a mass-produced light Assault Walker.
- Image Source: X
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Republic Industries (Republic Remnant)
- Model: RR-AW 'Prowler' Mk. 1
- Affiliation: Republic Remnant
- Modularity: No
- Production: Mass-Production
- Material: Ferrocarbon frame, composite armor plating (Ferrocarbon [Top layer] Trimantium [Second layer], Dura-armor [Final layer]. between each layer is a layer of Quantum Fiber), standard vehicle components.
Classification:: Heavy Walker
Role: Assault Walker
Minimum Crew: Two [Gunner/Driver]
Optimal Crew: Three [Gunner/Driver/Commander]
Speed: 100 km/h Fast
Maneuverability: Very High
- Pintle-Mounted Heavy Repeating Blaster, Low
- Six-Pack Concussive Missile Launcher, Average
- Twin-Linked Blaster Cannons, Average
- Composite Plating, Low
- Redundant Shielding, Low
Squadron Count: Average | 12
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: Very Small
- Wall Climbing
- Very High Mobility
- Rapid Fire
- Redundant Shield Generators
- 4x-Phantom short-range sensor jammer
- Targeting Computer
- Wall Crawler - The Prowler's leg design allows it to climb and scramble up surfaces normally considered impassable by other vehicles as it 'digs' them into the surface. This isn't always safe and the harder the surface, the more likely the Prowler is to not be able to dig in deep enough to climb. High surfaces have an increased chance of slips, however, it is a potent tactical advantage the Prowler enjoys over the 'chicken walkers' of other nations.
- Fast - The prowler is fast for its size and being a walker. Able to out run and maneuver most other heavy walkers giving it a level of force projection most other vehicles do not have especially in dense environments.
- Rapid Fire - The main weapon of the prowler mk. 1 possess a very fast firing weapon, its dual weaponry is set up to fire in tandem to ensure a bolt is always coming out in a continuous stream. This design was optimized for smaller, soft targets like infantry or light vehicles with little armor but high mobility.
- Vulnerable - The defenses of the Prowler are lacking compared to other heavy walkers especially one with shorter range like the Prowler Mk. 1 that requires it to get close to the enemy putting itself at risk.
- Short Range - The weapons of the Prowler Mk. 1 are short ranged, save for the concussion missile launcher which stretches to medium. The short range nature of their weaponry means that, against most opponents, the Mk. 1 Prowler has to put itself at risk in order to engage its targets.
- Walker - Walkers come with a number of inherent weaknesses, such as incredibly vulnerable joints. The eggheads at the Republic did their best to mitigate these by adding more legs so the loss of one wasn't the end as well as building it lower to the ground allowing it to 'crouch' behind cover, however, there is only so much that can be done for the inherent weaknesses of the chassis.
The Prowler was designed to fill the role of assault walker for dense urban environments, jungle environments and other environments where standard tanks and other such vehicles would have trouble moving around it. Due to the bureaucratic, and cheap, nature of the Republic Remnant, the walker designed would form the basic 'chassis' for a range of walkers that would follow its production primed towards different targets. This, the Mk. 1, is the basis for the other two Prowler variants and, as such, its weaponry was made to serve as a rather plain and bland example, a trial of the chassis rather then any attempt to create a new, potent weaponry system. As is becoming common of the Republic Remnant vehicles [at least the ones I make], speed and mobility is far more important to them then raw durability which the Prowler exemplifies.
Crew: The Prowler has three crew members, the driver's job is a bit more complicated then others as they have to be mindful of the structural integrity of walls that wish to climb, this is aided by a powerful sensor giving it readouts on the material and a rough estimate of likelihood of collapse, as well as a strong spacial awareness as the prowler is meant to be able to flank and 'crouch' behind cover, using its smaller silhouette to its advantage. The Gunner operates the main gun as well as the concussion missile pod but will only fire the missiles on the Commander's, well, command. Their job is rather simple, on the vehicle's down time, the gunner can act as an engineer making needed repairs on the vehicle if given supplies and enough time. The Commander acts, well, as the commander, keeping an eye on the tactical displays and sensors to remain on top of the situation and controls, via remote, the pintle-mounted heavy repeating blaster.
Defensive Systems: The Prowler is protected by advanced composite plating, however, the plating is not thick as they didn't want to slow the prowler down, its mobility and speed were to be its strengths, not its pure durability. The armor is slanted to better resist direct hits, however, like all walkers, its joints are incredibly vulnerable as it isn't something that could be plated effectively. It has two shield generators set up in a 'redundant' system, only one is ever active at a time, when it gets to 40%, the second generator will kick on allowing the first time to recover. This is designed to endure over long firefights, however, due to its nature, high power weaponry can punch through the first shield before the second comes up, however, the Republic Remnant researches feel this is an acceptable trade-off for better protection against 'common' AT weaponry. The Prowler, like nearly all Republic Remnant vehicles, comes with a 4x-Phantom Short Range Sensor Jammer to help protect it further by disrupting targeting systems.
Weapon Systems: The Prowler Mk. 1 boast a few weaponry, the first is a pintle-mounted heavy repeating blaster that is remotely controlled by the commander. It has a 360° firing arc able to fire in any direction around the Prowler, it is only designed to engage infantry and the lightest of vehicles [unarmored speeders], but is good for suppression. The large turret on the back is where the main weaponry rest, in this case, the twin-linked blaster cannon, it has a fast, consistent rate of fire designed to face infantry and light, mobile vehicle, however, the cannons were never designed to face heavier armor as they lack the potency needed to breach it. This variant also comes with a six-pack concussive missile launcher to reinforce its primary armament. The missiles are purely HE and designed to fight infantry and fire behind cover.
Edited by Iona Immarya, 13 February 2018 - 08:44 PM.