OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:To put to paper the environmental armor that Darth Aion wears and incorporates in battle
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Darth Aion
- Model: Environmental Armor
- Affiliation: Darth Aion
- Modularity: Only through a difficult and special procedure that requires time and energy
- Production: Unique
- Material: Reinforced Phrik (plating), Phrik Plastithread weave using synthetic bonding agent (covering and cloak over some plating), silver laced CNT (Carbon Nanotubing for circuitry of armor underlay) and a Corporis Skin Suit
- Classification: Environmental Combat Armor
- Weight: Average
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Average
- EMP/ION: High
- Elemental/Environmental: Very High
- Sonic: Very Low
- Corrosive: Very Low
- Corporis Skin Suit
- Aegis Sh13ld
- TunnelNet VPN
- Reinforced, variably contoured Phrik Plating
- Exposed thick plating over chest, shoulders, neck and forearm guards
- Thin variably contoured plating over upper arms, legs and torso under armorweave covering and cloak
- Phrik Plastithread Weave body covering
- Gabonna Memory Crystal armor link up node
- Circuitry Underlay beneath plating
- Heat detection sensors attached to underlay
- Silver laced CNT faraday tubing for armor circuitry underlay
- Closing Blindspots: With the inclusion of a number of counter measures, Aion's Environmental Armor has been constructed to compensate for types of damage his own physical being would have difficulty managing.
- Gabonna Memory: With an already powerful and highly functioning HUD, the use of a Gabonna Memory Crystal for link up between the metal armor overlay to the Corporis Skin Suit adds an even higher level of functionality while it may feel unnecessary.
- Private Network: No circuit system is safe when connected with the open network. As such, with the incorporation of Aegis Sh13d and TunnelNet VPN: Slicers and spies beware.
- Faraday Field Day: Not only is the Corporis Skin Suit protected against Ion weaponry, the circuitry under the plating of the overlay armor is protected by a silver laced CNT covering to further protect from Ion and electrical dangers.
- Sonic Struggle: While the suit boasts a high level of capabilities in areas such as energy weapons, lightsabers, electrical and environmental it severely lacks in the area of sonic defense. To the point of near non-existence without any kind of extra shielding.
- Temperature Flux: Any type of drastic temperature change, extreme heat to extreme cold, will cause the suit and armor's ability to adapt to the temperature would fail; thus exposing the wearer to the temperature existing outside the armor.
- While the suit is capable of resisting temperature measures of extremes of heat or cold, it has difficulty adjusting in a proper time should the temperature go from extreme heat to extreme cold in an instant. Example being if here in a tundra but was exposed to a extreme heat wave without time for the change.
- Bulky All Around: While the suit is practical and heavily defended, phrik being a very light metal, the Corprois bulk still provides the wearer with the feeling of wearing an armor. This results in the wearer being aware of the fact they are wearing armor even while it is vacuum sealed and armored to prevent the wearer from noticing much in the way of the suits weight/presence.
- Armorweave Problems: Where the armor plating stops under the covering material and continues there are points where the circuitry is exposed under only the Phrik Plastithread that, while woven with phrik, is much less structurally durable than the phrik plating itself. This weave does not provide nearly as much protection;
- One particular area of weakness for this is on the sides of the torso and chest where the armor is not present to provide for body flexibility. The sides of the arms, legs and torso lack any underlying armor plating.
- Corrosion Warning: The most practical, if not simple, weakness of the environmental suit is that corrosion may still occur when exposed to the right conditions or fungal sources. While this is extremely rare, it can make for very difficult repairs to the suits entirety.
- Minor Vision Error: Due to the use of a neck guard off the shoulder piece of the armor's phrik plating the Corporis 360 degree awareness is reduced just slightly and must be compensated for in some other way.
When simple armor wasn't enough, his attention turned to more sophisticated methods. Using a Corporis Skin Suit, a Gabonna Memory Crystal and a variety of components and technical systems Kajast focused all his effort into creating an Environmental Armor Suit to counter the frailties of his own being. While the Corporis was a capable protection, he covered it with a Phrik Plastithread weave covering and cloak along with a phrik plating across the entirety of chest, arms, legs and head; joints excluded.
Under the plating, protected by silver laced CNT faraday tubing, he incorporated a circuitry system with attached temperature nodes to detect where excessive heat or cold sources would strike the armor; a system that he could attach to the HUD of the Corporis suit using a Gabonna Memory Crystal link up node at the neck of the armor that could fit flexibly into a fundamental plug at the back of the phrik plated skin suit "helmet". This system would allow for the HUD of the Corporis skin suit to provide it's normal capabilities as well as a full sensor grid of the armor.
With further protection in mind, and a modicum of greed and obsession on his part, the K'paur further modified the armor with a relay for TunnelNet VPN and Aegis Sh13ld to provide protection against hacking and other invasive electronic warfare. Each measure taken in order to close the gaps across the system completely, hoping to prevent any level of external invasion or internal compromise.
While nothing was perfect, obsession proved fruitful in the creation of an armored environmental suit for the aged K'paur. All that remained was putting it to the test.
Edited by Darth Aion, 28 February 2018 - 10:21 PM.