• Create Account
Photo

1M Credit Combat Tournament Round One (John Doe vs Kaine Australis)

- - - - - Duel 1v1 Tournament

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

The world of Iridonia was a hot, dry place. This was where the Tournament's first round was scheduled to take place. A smattering of officials and spectators had made their way to the dry ravine with the acid ponds where the fight was to occur. A wide clear area had been set aside for the fighters, currently General Kaine Australis awaited his opponent's arrival.

Kaine fiddled with his beskar'gam and rechecked his weapons even as officials harangued him about tying one of his arms behind his back. Kaine assured them he would allow them to do so once his opponent arrived, and swatted away those that buzzed too close to his personal space. He'd allow them to touch him when he was ready, not before. He busied himself removing the weapon systems from his left arm. There was little point to carrying weight he wouldn't use.

I wonder who they'll send me for the opening rounds.

Sir, we can't discuss your opponent before the tournament.

I wasn't talking to you. Alright, i'm ready. Get this left arm secured.

The officals moved to clamp Kaine's left hand to the small of his back, leaving only his right arm free. Kaine looked out over the crowd, awaiting his opponent.

General Kaine had come armed for war. Festooned with the tools of his trade. This being a tournament, he'd do the honourable thing and allow his opponent to select weapons. Most folks couldn't match a Mando'ad for firepower, and he wanted this to be a contest, not a slaughter.

John Doe Sargon Vynea

Edited by Kaine Australis, 12 February 2018 - 03:58 AM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts

​"Whaddaya mean we're running late, Kirky?!"

​Kirk sighed to himself and explained.

"We're nearly there, boss. Iridonia."

John Doe had been browsing through the darkest corners of the Holonet about a week ago when he stumbled across an advertisement offering one million credits to the winner of a combat tournament. One million credits! As soon as the clown saw that, he submitted his entry and waited for the day.

Now, he was running late.

​"I know where we're at, you nerfherder! Why​ are we late?"

​"Pretty bad traffic flying in, sir."

The budding crime lord sighed and, with tasteful exaggeration, slapped his hand against his forehead. Since when did they abide by the rules and laws of the land?

"We're here, sir. Ready to go when you are."

​"Yahoo! Let's get a move on, boys!"

​The loading ramp hissed and descended. Out came six men, Jesters, each armed with blaster rifles. Then came Kirk, pistol holstered, and then the man himself exited, wearing nothing less than his best, a purple tuxedo with a black bowtie, green hair slicked back to a sheen, an insane smile firmly upon his face as the group made their way to the arena.

-------------

​"This is unfair! I have to fight with an arm behind my back?! And is that buckethead my opponent? I abhor Mandalorians!"

​John Doe protested every single decision loudly, with chuckles broken in between, much to the displeasure of the arena staff. They kept their thoughts to themselves, though. Most people involved in black markets or underworld activities had heard of the Pale One, a creature spat out by Hell itself with a smile that never went away. It was an image that John was proud to uphold.

"All right, boss. What weapons do you want?"

One of the staff chimed in. "No blasters or lightsabers. Anything else is free game."

John Doe unsheathed Kirk's vibroknife, giving it a good twirl with one hand and feinting a thrust towards the staff member who had dared to interrupt. He flinched, then took a large step back.

​"This'll do."

​The arena staff then moved in and restrained Doe's left arm behind his back. The clown still had a few tricks up his sleeve, in some cases literally. In his pocket was a vial of Paprika, perfect for giving him an edge in battle, and in his right sleeve was a little aerosol doohickey that was loaded with Happy Gas, not enough to be lethal, but enough to disorient. Hopefully the Mandolorian's armor wasn't pressurized. 

​"All right, let's do this! Kirk, if I don't make it back...I want you to know I always loved you! Bahahaha!"

​Kirk cracked a slight smirk and waved him off as the staff led him into the actual arena.

"Love you too, boss."

John Doe's men would be watching from the stands, yelling out insults and booing at his opponent whenever possible. The clown was in the arena now, and he could see his opponent was being led in as well...

Kaine Australis Sargon Vynea

(OOC: Links to everything mentioned. Paprika: http://starwarsrp.ne...dpost&p=1570046Happy Gas: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/109932-happy-gas/ Kirk Rand: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/124288-kirk-rand/ )

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

​"This is unfair! I have to fight with an arm behind my back?! And is that buckethead my opponent? I abhor Mandalorians!"
One of the staff chimed in. "No blasters or lightsabers. Anything else is free game."

Kaine overheard the exchange thanks to his buy'ce's audio pickups. Halting the staff who were about to bind his arms, Kaine took stock of his arsenal contemplatively for a few moments. Saying no blasters or lightsabers but anything else was free game was a remarkably silly thing to say to a Mandalorian, who was rarely limited to just blasters. What the staff member should have said is 'no ranged weapons', but Kaine was in a sporting mood and decided not to simply gun his opponent down where he stood. Railguns were not blasters, after all.

The Mando'ad discarded his flamethrower, acid spray, grappling spike, grenades, and even after a moment's hesitation, his Cherubs. Then, he made a neat pile with them.

Kaine was left with his armor; trusty beskar'gam that had seen him through countless engagements. The only weaponry left were the knee darts, that couldn't be removed easily. The Malkite-Themfar poison on the tips would be a very nasty surprise, should the Mando'ad decide his opponent's skill warranted such an escalation. He hoped the eccentric looking individual knew how to use the vibroknife he was brandishing. Kaine certainly knew how to use his own blade.

As the staff secured his left arm behind his back, Kaine drew his beskad, two feet of razor sharp beskar, with a solid guard over the hilt. He held it lazily in his right hand, point down, and walked towards his opponent. At an even two meters in height, in full armor, Kaine was an imposing figure to most beings. Kaine let his voice boom out over the space between him and his opponent.

So, you want to show me what you can do with that blade?

His tone was light, but he wasn't taking his opponent lightly. One didn't enter a million credit prize tournament if one couldn't fight and win. Things were rarely as they appeared. No doubt this one had hidden talents. Kaine would find them.

Kaine's Beskar'gam ........... Kaine's Pistols

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
The Mandalorian walked towards John Doe, sword lazily dragged downwards, ready to strike at a moment's notice. Likewise, the clown strode forward, his smile growing even wider as he got closer. Knife in hand, he waved to the crowd, bowing and throwing out mock kisses.

"Ah, what a turnout! My loving fans! What a glorious day!"

Now giving his full attention to the armored beast in front of him, John flipped his knife about, showing great dexterity with the weapon even with one hand.

"Wow. Nice armor there, buckethead. I can see my reflection in it. Geez, have I always been this ugly? Bahaha!"

After his peals of laughter, Doe regained his composure, and a more sinister smile took hold of his face.

"It'll be a shame when I get your blood all over it."

The clown waited for his opponent to make the first move. Mentally, he made note of all the naturally weak points in the armor. Mandalorians always had a bad habit of not covering the neck and joints too well.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

Good luck with that. Kaine's voice was flat.

Kaine saw the man handle his weapon and noted that he seemed competent in handling it. That was good, this was supposed to be a spectacle of combat, crowds hated quick victories. He watched the man survey his armor looking for the weak points. That was also good, he was smart. Another mental note. Kaine wondered if he was one of these aruetiise that thought Mandos didn't know the armor they practically lived in had weak points. That was the thing about armor, you could have total protection, or mobility and dexterity, not both.

There were only a few meters separating the combatants. Kaine shut out the crowd and the heat and the world, and focused on his enemy.

As his opponent's eyes poured over his armor, Kaine struck. The toe of his left boot slowly dug into the soil, and dug up a clod. Kaine's attack flung the sod at John's face, giving him the choice of protecting his eyes and losing sight of Kaine, or not protecting his eyes, and losing sight to sand. The moment he'd kicked the clod Kaine charged, raising the beskad high. If he closed the distance unmolested, the razor sharp tip would come down in a slash from John's nose to navel.

Kaine's beskad was thinner than most, but strong and razor sharp. He was skilled in its use. If John wanted to survive, he'd need to bring his best.

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
"Ah! Sand, really? I hate sand! Hahaha!"

John Doe laughed even as his eyes burnt from the clod of sand that peppered his eyes. He'd prefer to lose his vision over the mobility of his one free arm to strike and defend. Knowing that the sand-tossing was just a distraction for an actual attack, the clown twirled to the side, rubbing a sleeve against his eyes and blinking rapidly until his vision cleared. The telltale whisk of a blade cutting through air came from the left of him. Had he not moved to the side, Doe would be cut open right now.

"Yeesh, man. I was pretty sure this wasn't a fight to the death. Oh well. Bahaha!"

His vision now relatively clear, The Pale One used the fact that he was unarmored to his advantage. He was already naturally agile, fast, and limber. The Mando in armor was like a big, armored frigate, and he was a nimble, light corvette. Now all he had to do was find the weak spot.

Leaping forward, John Doe flipped the knife in his hand so the grip was backwards, coming down on Kaine's side, aiming for his neck. His vision was still blurry, but if the strike succeeded and the armor on his neck didn't hold, the knife would pierce his cartoroid artery, killing the Mandalorian within a minute.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

John Doe

The fellow was agile, that was expected, he was unencumbered by armor. That could be a blessing, or a curse. Mandos didn't lug kilograms of the stuff all over the galaxy because they were stupid. Armor kept you fighting. It kept you alive. To Mando'ade, armor was like a second skin, they were at home in it. They knew its strengths and they knew its limitations. Kaine had been wearing armor for over forty years. Silent as the grave, Kaine pressed on.

His initial strike avoided, Kaine reacted instantly as soon as his target began to move. He halted his charge, though not in time to land his own initial blow, which whipped through air. Kaine corrected his forward motion as John twirled.

Pivoting and turning his upper body, Kaine stepped back as John leapt, in time for the vibroblade of his opponent to find purchase in his left shoulder plate. Even as the vibroknife struck, removed paint and began digging at the beskar, Kaine's sword in his right hand was whipping back up, tip aiming for the left side of John's face as he leapt forward to land the vibroblade strike.

It wasn't a mortal blow, it was meant to hurt, to warn, to exact a price for chipping Kaine's paintwork. If Kaine's blow struck true the tip would only graze John's face. But it would hurt, no doubt, and that was the point of the exercise. Combat of this sort wasn't supposed to be gentle. Kaine felt no need to kill his opponent, and would not go out of his way to do so, but an inexperienced fighter entering a tournament like this took his life in his hands, so far as the Mando'ad saw it; he wasn't giving freebies.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 13 February 2018 - 10:58 AM.

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
"Oh, stop squirming around!"

John Doe's blow struck the shoulder of Kaine's armor, scraping off paint and digging into the beskar that made up the plate. Damn. He had stepped backwards just in the nick of time. Looking up, Kaine's blade met his eye, moving forward to strike his head.

"Yikes! Hahaha!"

Dropping down, the clown nearly avoided the blow. The blade flew by so close that he could again hear it whooshing though the air right above him.

"Too slow, buckethead! Try again!"

Still in a low position, the clown would step forward, his knife still held in a backwards grip. He would then attempt to stab Kaine's side, exposed from the thrust forward that the Mandalorian had executed in an attempt to cut Doe's face. If this failed, John reckoned, it would be time to call in the big guns to turn the tide...

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

Damn, but he was fast, Kaine had time to think, as his blade caught air once again, missing John's face by centimetres. Still, he wasn't Jedi fast, like some of the combatants Kaine had faced off with over the years, and he wasn't a Mando, it seemed. Kaine's ex wife would have had his arm off if he'd missed a strike at her that badly. Nat was quick as hell with a beskad, quicker than him for sure. Pushing that thought aside, Kaine returned to the combat.

Shabuir!

Kaine let the yell escape him as John dropped down to avoid the cut, as Kaine followed his strike with a left footed toe kick at John's chin, aimed low even as John moved forward to strike.

He threw the kick as John ducked and it became apparent his flicked tip-slash would miss high. If John rose to strike, the kick would catch his midsection, if he didn't rise in time, or tried striking low, the boot was going for his face. Knowing the difficulty of trying to do two things at once, Kaine had high confidence that he would at least land a blow this time. Fast was fast, but it wasn't lightning-in-a-bottle pissed off Jedi Master speed. That would be the difference here.

John Doe

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
As John rose to strike, he saw the boot move forward and knew that it was going to hit him regardless of where he moved. The clown went through with the attack anyway, and as Kaine's foot made contact with his midsection, Doe's knife would still attempt to scrape down the Mandalorian's side, even as the wind was knocked out of him.

Stumbling back, John Doe made an effort to open up some space between them, using his long legs to make a gap between the two. His smile grew even wider, even as he tried to catch the breath knocked out of him.

"Hah...c'mon, hit me harder!"

Still stepping back to make space for his next action, the clown deftly sheathed his knife, then reached in his pocket and produced his vial of Paprika. Popping the lid off, Doe downed the substance. A noticible jitter ran through his body. His heart pounded harder, mind grew clearer, and a sense of pure euphoria coursed through him.

"Rrragh! Now I'm angry! Bahahah!"

Hopefully, the performance-altering drug would level the playing field. The clown sprinted forward, knife unsheathed, and leapt up in a surprising display of speed and agility, bringing his blade down, aiming for the visor of Kaine's helmet.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

John Doe

Ah, the rush of combat. It came as Kaine's boot made contact with his opponent, finally landing a blow. The euphoria was shortlived though, as he felt the vibroblade find his bodysuit on his left side, cutting through and into his side, just a sting, but enough to draw blood.

The kick gave Kaine distance and time, however, and he was able to gather himself as he watched John pull out a vial and ingest the contents. The old warrior saw a noticeable difference in John's demeanour. A lifetime of war had taught him to recognize the signs of imminent aggression in a hundred different beings. He readied himself for what must come.

It appeared this fight was about to end. Suicide by Mando. Many had gone out that way. Kaine would try not to kill the poor fellow, but sometimes these types insisted when they were too far gone on exotic substances. He would find out, momentarily.

"Rrragh! Now I'm angry! Bahahah!"

As John charged, Kaine dropped his beskad. As John leapt, Kaine met him, charging full tilt at the leaping attacker, head down shoulder first, right arm wrapping around behind his opponent's back and pulling them together to prevent escape. Kaine felt and heard John's vibroblade impact the top and back of his helmet as they came together.

Naked, Kaine weighed about 100 kilograms. With armor, that weight only increased, and a fully armored Mandalorian in full armor had a lot of force behind him, certainly enough to intercept a grown man's leap and carry him backwards with the weight of Mando and armor on top of him. Kaine was gambling that John's stun from the impact of their bodies, and his winding from the impact with the ground would prevent him sticking Kaine with the knife with any degree of accuracy in order to cause permanent damage. It was a diceroll, but one he was confident in. Beings needed a working brain and oxygen to function, and Kaine aimed to deprive his opponent momentarily of both.

There was a massive crunch as armored Mando met leaping knifeman.

Drugs, it seemed, were bad.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 14 February 2018 - 08:13 AM.

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts

Wow. The buckethead just dropped his weapon? And why was he running towards him? 

John Doe didn't pay much attention to any of the questions that ran through his head. His sole focus at the moment, thanks to Paprika, was to leave as many stab wounds and lacerations on Kaine before the referees could drag him away.

Normally, the Mandalorian crashing into the clown would've been enough to disorient and wound him. However, he was high on Paprika. Pain and damage to his body simply didn't register at the moment. That's not to say the heavy Mando's attack wasn't effective. It had it's intended effect, which was bringing Doe to the ground, knocking the wind out of him, but he wasn't nearly as stunned as his opponent wagered he would be. The intense effect of Paprika saw to that, giving him an edge against the armored beast on top of him.

"Jeez, how much do you weigh?! You need to start losing the pounds, fatty! Here, let me cut off​ some weight for you! Hahahaha!"

John Doe would shriek hysterically as his knife flicked about. The two were so close, his main target would yet again be Kaine's left side, striking with great speed and force. It was a close target, kind of hard to miss, and the only real way to avoid the attack would be for the Mando to roll around, putting John on top.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

John Doe

The man was plainly off his tree on something, that hit would have worried a Wookiee. Still, the galaxy had some nefarious chems floating around, it wasn't unreasonable for a compound to allow a being to ignore pain and discomfort. That said, Kaine wasn't near finished. Bringing John to the ground was just the first phase. Now for phase two.

John's knife found Kaine's armorweave bodysuit between the plates, even as Kaine reared back, pinning John's lower body with his own armored form, and unleashed punches with his armored right fist into John's unprotected face. Kaine was taking shallow stab wounds even through his armorweave, but for every stab or two, an armored hammer punch hit John's pretty face. Kaine would punch until the stabbing stopped. There was nothing left in his mind except one thought.
End. He yelled in pain and to focus his physical rage on the repeated punches. He would punch until his armored fingers met the ground behind John's skull. He would....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It would end, it seemed with one of them passing out or passing away.

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
The Mandalorian didn't roll over. In fact, even when his knife found it's mark repeatedly, he still just sat there on top of John and took it. Well, that's not exactly accurate. He landed blow after blow on the clown's head, armored hand dealing out bloody hammer punches.

John Doe felt his nose shatter, and tasted the iron that was his blood in his mouth. Teeth shattered and broke, and he spat them out of his mouth along with maniacal laughter. Kaine roared in anger. The clown cackled in peals of truly insane shrieks. Some in the audience may have thought that he was actually enjoying having his face beat in.

He was.

The next day would be rough, once the Paprika wore off. But for now, he was livid.

"You sound so angry," the clown gurgled through the blood that filled his mouth.

"Liven up!"

With a final plunge, John stuck the knife as deep as he could into Kaine's side, then dropped the bloody knife. It clattered on the sandy floor below. His hand still on the Mandalorian's exposed side, Doe flicked a switch on the lower palm of his hand and kept it firmly next to Kaine's open wound.

Whoosh! A puff of green flew out from his sleeve, landing on the exposed stab. It was John Doe's signature Happy Gas. Within moment's, it would be absorbed into Kaine's exposed skin through the nerve gas component laden in the toxin. It wasn't enough to be fatal, but the Mandalorian would be feeling the effects within seconds, and his laughter would soon join John Doe's.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

John Doe

You sound

WHACK

So angry!

THWACK

Liven up!

CRUNCH

*Stab*

WHUMP

Hissssssss

SMASH

Kaine continued to yell as he rained blow after blow into John's now mangled face. His skull surely wouldn't hold out much longer. Kaine's yell, however, became racked with coughs, as the stab wound, and whatever the shabla clown had sprayed into it began to take effect on him.

Oh, ho ho ho,this... this was... hilarious!

Kaine began laughing, and his rain of punches lost most of their steam, though they did not stop. Instead, laughing, he made a game of hooting and laughing noises in time with the punches to the hapless fellow, who was pinned beneath the now laughing Mando'ad. A Mando'ad who sounded as if he were having the time of his life mangling the clown's now unrecognizable features.

Hahahahahahahahaha, haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahaha!

Kaine's voice, still racked with coughs, had become somewhat maniacal.

KaineSig.gif

John Doe

John Doe

The Mad Madman

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 114 posts
John Doe was still laughing as well, laughing because the Mandalorian now looked like he was having as much fun as he was now. His face was mangled, but it was nothing some facial reconstruction couldn't repair. What mattered was that Paprika still flowed through his veins, and he was still riding off the feeling of invincibility.

Reaching towards the dropped knife, the clown picked it up again, but instead of plunging it into his side, thrusted with all of his might towards Kaine's throat. This presented a dilemma. Kaine could keep punching him, in theory, but that would run the risk of him having his throat cut open. If he tried to stop the knife, the ensuing struggle would buy John Doe time to recover from his senseless beating and for the Happy Gas to produce some of its more debilitating effects.

"Smile!"

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,895 posts

A lifetime of combat overcame the effect of the nefarious concoction, though it was getting hard for the big Mando'ad to resist the urge to surrender to the infectious laughter. The coughs continuted to rack his soon to be exhausted lungs.

It didn't take any conscious thought for Kaine to catch John's blade hand as it came in. A lifetime of fighting for his life and muscle memory did the rest. Taking hold of what was left of his fading senses, Kaine used his weight and strength to force the blade back towards John, even as he continued to have maniacal laughter escape his lips.

Hooo hooo hahahahaha You first! Ha ha! 

Kaine shoved the vibroknife down at John with most of what sanity remained to him, some shred of his mind still remained uncontaminated, but that wouldn't last.

The drug was beginning to seriously debilitate his mental faculties and his ability to fight and defend himself. He knew he needed to end this fight before it ended him. He had the advantage of position, strength, weight, and now, desperation, it was win or die. Last roll of the dice.

John Doe

OOC: I think we're done here. Sargon Vynea

Edited by Kaine Australis, 19 February 2018 - 10:48 AM.

KaineSig.gif