OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide context to an important role in the Corellian Confederation
- Image Credit: How to properly source your images
- Role: The NPC leader of CorSec
- Age: 53
- Force Sensitivity: No
- Species: Human
- Appearance: Caine has a face weathered by war and torture. Tall and broad shouldered Caine isn't the type you'd want coming after you in a dark alley.
- Name: Director Caine Basali
- Loyalties: Corellian Confederation; Free Worlds Coalition
- Wealth: Wealthy
- Notable Possessions: Corellian Bloodstripe
- Police and Detective Skills
- Pistol Sharpshooter
- Ship and Troop Command
- Leadership and Politics
- Personality: Director Basali is a hard-line isolationist. The minority in Corellia now, his heavy handed "Corellia First" policies put in place in CorSec has caused a net reduction in overall crime in the Corellian System. Stubborn and with a bit of a mean streak in him, the stereotypical qualities that make Corellian Smugglers so sexy to the Galaxy make him terrifying to deal with. Tenacious, charismatic, and reckless Director Basali has been called ruthless and a renegade in his quest for a safer Corellia.
- Weapon of Choice: Blaster Pistol
- Combat Function: Caine is trained in several martial arts should things get up close and personal, however he prefers to use a blaster. Cleaner kill.
Born and raised on Talus in the Corellian System. Raised with highly in a highly conservative family he would grow up associating with pretty much only humans or the few non-human species that were considered Corellian as well. Caine Basali joined the CorSec academy when he came of age and left his family's dairy farm behind. After graduating and joining CorSec as an officer he would serve out his contract before leaving CorSec to pursue his education during which time he began associating with "Corellia First" groups. After graduating with a dual degree in criminal psychology and criminal justice he returned to CorSec to a promotion and a pay raise. He would comfortable serve as a Major in the CorSec Tactical Response Team for a large portion of his career. During that time he saw Corellia come under the heel of several governments, further pushing him towards "Corellia First" groups and other isolationist groups. It wouldn't be until the One Sith occupation however that he acted on any of these ideals.
After the One Sith began its occupation of Corellia, CorSec became the One Sith's eyes and ears on the ground. A heavily rebellious people, the One Sith clenched its dark fist around the necks of anyone who had power so as to not repeat the fall of CEC's shipyards on the planet. During that time CorSec became heavily militarized and saw an increase in police brutality. At the same time CorSec officers were leaking data to small cells of Corellian Rebels. Caine with his position was able to help spread information to these cells and became further radicalized. He would be found however and detained by the One Sith until the destruction of Corellia.
Caine lost both of his brothers and his grandparents during the cataclysm that split Corellia in half and spread its debris across the stars. After his release in the chaos Caine returned to his people a war hero. He took charge of CorSec, aiding in search and rescue and further stabilization of the system alongside the rich benefactors that aided in the rebuilding and terraforming of Corellia. After it was all said and done several positions were left vacant due to death or MIA status. Caine was pushed all the way up to position of director and awarded the Corellian Bloodstripe. Under now Director Basali, CorSec lobbied the President of the new Corellian Confederation for an increase in military budget.
Director Basali pushed for tougher training and better equipment, citing the One Sith occupation as his reasoning for his hardline stance on an increased budget. Eventually the president would cave and CorSec saw an unprecedented militarization of its police force, Special Forces, Tactical Response Team, and Intelligence agencies. Enlistment into CorSec shot up almost overnight. Though there was an increase in reported smuggling there was also an increase in smugglers captured and detained. Taking lessons he learned from being a rebel as well as the lessons he learned on how to run a militarized force during the One Sith's occupation CorSec's approval rating dipped and then slowly rose as streets became safer and citizens slowly became more secure that CorSec could actually defend them against another One Sith. At some point he married a Quarth woman who ran freight and the couple would adopt their first child and move into Coronet City.
Edited by Jorm Kell, 18 February 2018 - 05:06 PM.