OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide the specs for Katria's personal railgun sniper rifle.
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Katria Vekarr and Skiss Iskiss
- Model: Railgun Rifle
- Affiliation: Katria Vekarr
- Modularity: Replaceable components for potential degradation or damage as well as modular rounds.
- Production: Unique
- Material: Denscris and Dallorian Alloy with synthetic bonding agent (barrel and rail components), Duraplast (reinforcement for body, stock and barrel) and Duranium (coating over all but the barrel)
- Classification: Rail
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Modular Rounds
- Ammunition Capacity: Eight Rounds
- Reload Speed: Very Low
- Effective Range: Average
- Rate of Fire: Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: High
- Inertia Compensators
- Capacitor Bank
- Modular Scope
- Modular Custom Rounds
- Energy monitor with a Gabonna Memory Crystal linked up to Katria's vambraces
- Specialized compartment on side for a Vishnu Military Shield attachement (Not Included).
- Multi-Caliber Bore
- Multi-Caliber Magazine
- Big Bullets: This weapon possesses the ability to fire custom 7.62mm rounds that paired with the alarming speeds of a rail gun pack a ridiculous punch capable of piercing some heavy armored vehicles and most lightly armored vehicles.
- Modular Ammo: Due to the high cost of materials this weapon utilizes a variety of round types. More often than not it will employ the use of rounds specialized to penetrate more than one individual at a time than to pierce heavy armor.
- Inertia Shminertia: Built with inertia compensators this weapon is capable of dispelling a vast majority of the weapons recoil.
- Material Suite: While the weapon experiences natural railgun degradation, the materials used make components easy to replace should they begin to degrade.
- Verpine Ingeniuity: This weapon utilizes custom bullets created with the heavy application of Verpine microscopic sight on the part of the Verpine Skiss Iskiss. As such each round is custom refined by the Verpine for maximum efficiency.
- Each bullet is built with the shape, size and aerodynamics needed to perform it's specific function; applied carefully by Skiss.
- Built Bulky: Inertia capacitors, a capacitor bank, energy monitor and large rounds make for a verylarge weapon. This weapon sports no expenses left unpaid in the size or weight department.
- Power Hungry: Like any rail gun this weapon is power hungry, it's size demanding even more power than normal and the reasoning for incorporating a small capacitor bank.
- Reload Time: Eight round clips and capacitor replacements take much more time than reloading a simple auto rifle of a similar design. It takes a long time to fully reload and continue using this weapon.
- Common Metals: While the weapon is constructed of common metals, this also makes them more vulnerable to varieties of damage that more unique and specialized metals would otherwise resist.
- Time is Money: The amount of time and effort it takes to create the rounds for this weapon is exhausting and often considered more of a chore than a task. This leads to very few being created at any given time leading to limited use of this weapon.
- This leads to the weapon being considered a Necessity Only Weapon.
It was time for an upgrade. For a sniper and agent like Katria Vekarr the newest, biggest weapon was always on her mind. In light of the war with the Galactic Empire and their utilization of heavily armored vehicles and soldiers, the young agent decided to utilize her verpine companion's microscopic vision and her own weapon skills to build something truly unique; and just as dangerous.
Turning her sights to the likes of a railgun, deadly for it's precision and unfathomable speeds, the agent went to work building herself a weapon that could contend with that of a downsized cannon when utilized properly. There was nothing more deadly than taking ones unique sniping skills and putting them to the test with a weapon capable of greatly damaging an armored vehicle; and very rarely a tank.
Edited by Katria Vekarr, 15 February 2018 - 02:22 AM.