The Kerrigan-Alcori Villa Mk2
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a new residence for the Kerrigan-Alcori family. This house will be luxurious as befitting of tier 6 company owners, but it is purely for RP purposes. The defences it has are not excessive and fit their desire for security.
- Image Credit: Here. House designed by Wessels Joyce Associates, South Africa.
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Arkas, Granite Guard, Aegis Shield, Firemane, Javelin emplacements, Keraunos missile turret, Firemane Infantry, Enlightenment Communicator, Dark Sky Area Shield (purchased here),
- Structure Name: The Villa. AKA ‘Firehome’
- Classification: Luxury mansion & business office.
- Location: Arkas on the small island of Corcyra.
- Affiliation: Firemane, but more specifically Siobhan Kerrigan and Tegaea Alcori.
- Accessibility: The villa is remote from population centres. The nearest settlement is Freetown some 50km away. As it is a meeting location it is known to those close to the family, but it is not general knowledge.
- Defences: Aspis defence shield (Building type), Darksky Area Shield, 2 x Javelin emplacements, 1 x Keraunos missile turret, powerful long-range scanner and communications suite.
- Personnel: 3 x Granite Guard personnel, 9 x engineers and mechanics, 12 x security officers (equipped as dismounted motorised infantry). These are rotated in 3rds for shifts. One of the Granite Guard is Kar'zakush .
- Building: Glassteel windows, reinforced building frame, panic room in basement with blastdoor and ray shield. Full security and tracking suite including cameras, motion sensors and sensor beacons. All doors are locked by electronic swipe with emergency code override.
Set on the beach of a tropical island, the Villa appears as a sparkling white gem against the green jungle, golden sand and azure water. From the air it seems like a series of elegant circles and curves which allow best usage of the tremendous view. From the water it rears up, giving full reign to its splendour.
What is not easily noticeable is the projector for an energy shield and three concealed turrets which provide protection. These can snap into action almost instantly.
The villa is two stories, with a small annex at the top which serves as a lookout and communications room. Everything is designed around the principle of aesthetics and practicality, meaning that the rooms must not just look pretty but also serve a function. For instance there is a large meeting room on the second floor which serves that function, but also looks out over the view and the couple’s manicured lawns.
The villa is broadly split into two sections. The firstis the more business and guest section which takes up most of the ground and part of the second floor. This is where meetings are held, guests are housed and parties had.
The second section is almost imperceptible, but is set aside for the family. Especially on the second floor there is a section where only the couple, special guests and their personal staff have access.
Outside the villa are the cabins and cabanas of their staff and security. These are very well furnished as befits the trusted nature of the staff. It is also covered by the energy shield when it is activated.
Around this and away from the water are beautiful gardens and manicured lawns. These are carefully maintained to give colour and shade out of the hot sun.
The villa has a relatively large staff to maintain and assist the couple. This includes Harmony and Chesna as ‘personal assistants’ for the couple. They also each have an aide/secretary; Maerys for Siobhan and Naith for Tegaea. Simoom is in charge of overall security and doubles as a bodyguard for Tegaea. In addition to this they have a chef, three maids and a nanny for their adoptive daughters. Externally they also have a pair of gardeners and an engineer to maintain the grounds.
All these staff are paid extremely well and have undergone vigorous vetting, and sign comprehensive non-disclosure documents on being hired.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Windows. All the external windows of the villa are made of glassteel, solid enough to resist blasters, slugthrowers and explosive shockwaves. It would take a laser cannon or railgun to easily punch through. Additionally the windows can be set with a function to shadow or block light going in, out or both for privacy and protection from glare.
- Pool. A part indoor, part outdoor pool is located behind the villa, fifteen metres long.
- Landing pads. Four circular landing pads are situated about 100 metres from the villa. Each can hold a ship up to 50m in length, and are connected to the villa by a shaded path.
- Gardens. Designed by the skilled Vashyada treesinger Kemasi, the gardens are a paradise with shade, pretty flowers and exotic aromas. Pavilions can be setup in order to hold soirees outside.
- Zoo. In the gardens is a Yazgid and a Cylix. Thankfully these pets are usually kept in large cages.
- Boat Shed. A shed and ramp are partly concealed on the eastern side of the villa. Inside is a motorboat both for excursions and for an emergency escape if needed.
- Generator. A small but very potent fusion generator powers the villa, supplemented by the bountiful solar energy available on Arkas.
- Stores. Though they expect to get daily shuttles from Freetown or other resources, the villa does have three months of preserved food and purified water in case it is needed. There are also medical supplies just in case. There is also a wine cellar attached, though only small.
- Cells. There are four holding cells of a traditional metal barred style in the basement. Presumably to keep dangerous attackers contained until help can arrive. It’s the only explanation.
- Panic room. A concealed door allows access to a heavy turadium blastdoor with ray shield protection. This room has a communicator, a week’s supplies and medical kit.
- Entrance Hall. A beautifully furnished entrance hall gives a visitor a glimpse of rare art on the walls.
- Conference room. A large conference room takes up almost the whole western side of the ground floor. Included there is a large table, communications suite, refreshment facilities and entertainment area. This room can be partially cleared to provide a ballroom. This area is largely sectioned off from the rest of the villa.
- Elevators. Two elevators – one at each end – provide an alternative to the stairs. The elevators are code locked and the stairways are protected by a low powered shield. This is disabled by an electronic swipe or automatically if someone is coming downstairs.
- Guestrooms. Four spacious guest bedrooms line the eastern side. Each has a different theme. One is occupied by Nima Tann.
- Kitchen. A well-stocked kitchen allows food to be brought to either level via elevator.
- Library. A small but ornate library which doubles as an executive meeting room is adjoined to the conference room.
- Studies. Siobhan and Tegaea each have a study on the northern side of the ground floor, looking out over the sea. These can become supplemental meeting rooms, entertainment areas or even impromptu guest bedrooms if neded. Siobhan has a large, throne-like red leather chair. Tegaea has a rather battered old thing she refuses to throw out despite constant prodding. Siobhan will likely organise for it to ‘vanish’ one day when Tegaea is not there.
- Communications/security room. A secured room sits in the middle of the ground floor. In it is the monitoring and security for the villa, but also a powerful communications suite. There are two Enlightenment communicators here; one connected to the Firemane flagship, the other to the Headquarters.
- Dining Room. An informal dining room for guests and visitors is downstairs on the southern side leading out to the terrace and gardens.
- Siobhan & Tegaea’s Bedroom. The ‘Mistress’ bedroom is on the prime northern end of the villa. It has the best view, and is a large and beautifully furnished room. It has an ensuite.
- Gym & armoury. A small but well stocked gym and training room is attached to an armoury. Here the couple and their family can train and hone their bodies and skills.
- Meditation room. Siobhan has a small room lined with Force conductive crystals to allow her to focus her immense powers.
- Personal recreation room. A room for relaxation for the couple and special guests on the north west corner. There are futons and esoteric furnishings.
- The divide. The northern half of the second floor is secured by a security door which denies entry to anyone not Siobhan, Tegaea, Chesna or Harmony without special invitation.
- Formal dining room. A somewhat ornate and baroque dining room for the family and special guests takes up the eastern side.
- Family/Guest bedroom. A bedroom for Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori is set aside on the upper floor. When she is away it can be made up for any special guests which might visit.
- Children’s bedroom. Also in the south east is the bedroom Adril and Livia sleep in.
- Playroom. Attached to the kids bedroom is a playroom for them with their toys and entertainment systems.
- Sunroom. On the western side is a sunroom for relaxation.
Siobhan Kerrigan and Tegaea Alcori, one of the richest ‘power couples’ in the galaxy, once had a lovely villa overlooking the city of Santaissa on Kaeshana. Sadly a combination of asteroids, anarchy and artillery crumbled the fair structure.
After the exodus the couple moved to Tygara and settled in a villa in New Santaissa. However, rising tensions and the occasional riot against ‘outsiders’ made the couple reconsider, and move on.
After this the couple lived for some time on the Ashira’s Light station over Tygara, but despite the luxury they never had the feeling of a true home or true privacy. Thus, the couple decided to put down roots on Arkas as a way of developing the local planet and also to give them a lovely tropical setting to live in.
The island they settled on, known as Corcyra, was one of the many small islands on the tropical world. The island itself was a good ten kilometres square, sitting a half kilometre off shore. The area had once been used by raiders as a base, but when the pirates were flushed out the island was surveyed by Firemane forces and was decided it’d make an excellent location for the couple to build on.
Thus, the newly acquired land became home to the villa. The villa is situated on the northern end of the island, with a 270 degree view of the ocean. Construction took nearly 6 months at the cost of several million credits. The house was opened in a grand party on midsummer’s eve and the couple and their staff too residence shortly after.
Edited by Valiens Nantaris, 18 February 2018 - 04:15 PM.