14 replies to this topic

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Present : Kaine Australis, Caz Australis

Kaine had come to the corporate HQ of MandalArms, for the same reasons he usually did, he had some hare-brained scheme or idea or plot that needed a specific, usually expensive technology created or invented for him by the brainiacs at MandalArms. Seeing Kaine coming, the head designer squared himself away in one of his labs, hoping to go undetected.

The aliit alor of Clan Australis wasn't having a bar of that, though, as he barged into the reception area and thumped up to the desk, scaring the poor twi'lek girl at the counter.

Can I help you, sir?

You can, love. Where's Yomaget?

He's busy sir, and cannot be disturbed.

Kaine grinned at her.

He's always busy, and I'm a disturbing fellow. Just nod your head and i'll take care of him.

The girl hesitated, then nodded left, towards the materials science laboratory.

Thanks love.

The big Mando'ad stomped off, and barged into the lab, yelling none too quietly over the noise of lathe, grinder and saw.

YOMAGET, YOU SHABUIR!

Yomaget coughed, then turned and acknowledged Kaine with a resigned wave. The big mando made his way around the outside of the production and testing floor to where the head scientist stood at a workbench scattered with vials and papers.

General, what can I do for you?

I want a stygium cloaked ship. Personal, like. Something armed like a pissed off space rancor.

Yomaget couldn't help it. He laughed in the General's face.

Oh sure, Kain'ika. I've got some stygium crystals here in my shebs!

Kaine smiled despite himself. Yomaget was one of the few who could talk to him like that. And it was a good joke.

Alright, so where do I get some? I assume we can't just buy the shabla things.

Well, we could,Yomaget said But who's gonna sell to Mando scruffbags?

Kaine considered the scientist had a good point there, probably. He thought for a minute.

We'll need to loot one then, I assume thats easier than mining the shabla crystals ourselves?

It would be, yes. I can reverse engineer a finished product easily enough. Aeten II would be my suggestion, it's Mandalorian territory, so you should be good to find something there.

Kaine was already heading for the door.

Aeten II it is. See you soon Yomaget.... you Shabuir!

The Mando General made his way to his transport and prepared for departure, along with any companions that joined. Together, they were off to explore the asteroids of Aeten II!

Edited by Kaine Australis, 14 February 2018 - 03:35 AM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Caz Australis

Caz Australis

I'm Magic!

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 37 posts

Caz had just finished with her last client and was settling down on a pillow for some much needed meditation.The scent of frankinsense and myrrh wafted through the room as gentle music played in the background.Her room was a mass of pillows and tapestries draped from the ceiling and over the ends of couches.A soft shaggy rug was plush under her feet as she walked barefoot to where she would settle down for a few quiet minutes.

She loved this time she had to really relax and shut down her brain.Being Kaine's wife was wonderful and chaotic all at once.He was impulsive and energetic and loving and protective... but he was all of those things unfiltered.  

She closed her eyes and had just started breathing slowly when she heard her datapad chime.She opened one eye to see that Kaine was leaving the building.She leaned over and grabbed her comm.  

"Kain'ika... you didn't mention you were leaving.Where are you off to and when should I get worried and how much have you packed to drink on the way?"

8xM9kaxH_o.png  

cazika.png

kainika.png

Cazsig-smol.gif

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

"Kain'ika... you didn't mention you were leaving.Where are you off to and when should I get worried and how much have you packed to drink on the way?"

Oh Shab! Kaine fumbled with his comlink. He'd forgotten to let Caz know he was going exploring.

Ah, sorry cyar'ika. Yomaget, my chief egghead, needs some tech for a project I gave him, and he suggested I take a little trip to fetch it for him. Was just going to sort of pop out to Aeten II.

Hadn't planned on too much drinking, if only because there might be pirate scum, though I suppose we can drink on the trip home, now that you mention it.

He checked the supplies for the transport on his forearm datapad, and saw they'd stocked the galley with a decent supply of drinkables. That would do.

If you're coming along, we'd better get our shebs into gear. He held the comlink away from his ear by reflex, then relaxed. Kaine's first wife Natasi, rest her, would have blasted his ear off if he'd used language like that to her.

His Caz was much more liberated about such things. Even after all these years, it took time to unlearn old habits long ingrained. Both of them were an excellent influence on him, making him a better father, better leader, better partner in life. 

Kaine made his way across MandalArms courtyard to where he'd parked the Clan Australis transport.

I'm outside. Meet you on the transport, love.

All that was left was for them to board, and rocket off into space, hyperspace for Aeten II and what awaited them there.

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Liam Darkgear

Liam Darkgear

You're Just Another Cannok

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 115 posts
Ah, the asteroids of Aeten II. Liam had been there once before, in a notorious dogfight in pursuit of his prey, a wanted criminal with a sizeable bounty on his head. Now he was returning, with a former brother of war, on a quest to get him some stygium.

The years had been somewhat kind to the one-eyed Mandalorian. He had earned a few more scars as a mercenary and gun-for-hire. The phantom pains on his arm had disappeared as well. He was in his set of banged up, trustworthy Mandalorian armor, bearing the faded emblem of Clan Kelborn. He rose when Kaine approached, and strode forward, arms outstretched for a giant bear hug.

"KAINE! It's been too long since I've seen you, vod. How many years has it been, 10? 15? When we mowed down those pirates over Polis Massa?"

Kaine Australis Caz Australis

Such a lust for revenge...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHO?!

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Kaine saw Liam standing on the docks and was overjoyed. There weren't enough old comrades still marching. Not by half there weren't, and Liam kriffing Darkgear was one of the best. They'd enjoyed a very good professional relationship, and they shared many personality traits, and got on swimmingly. Today had just taken a turn for the better.

Kaine grabbed his old mate warmly. Big squeeze. They'd buried brothers together, and drunk tihaar covered in the guts of their enemies. They didn't stand on ceremony, not men who knew each other on such a level,

Then he let his mate go, and had a look.

You've got old! He couldn't hold back the laughter then.

It had been far too long. Fifteen years, or near as much as made no matter, not a face he'd ever thought he'd see again. This was a brother who understood what it was to be Mando'ade.

Still, you'll do. I take it you still know the right end of a blaster. Kaine chuckled again to show he wasn't seriously asking that.

Aeten II. Not much to speak of, but they got fancy crystals some of my egghead boys need. Stygium cloaks can come in handy, and we've got a few big ships to cloak. We'll need a poodooton.

As mission briefs go, it wasn't the finest, but it was workable. They knew where, what, why and when. How, they'd figure out when they got there, Mando'ad style. Just get it done.

Liam Darkgear Caz Australis

KaineSig.gif

Caz Australis

Caz Australis

I'm Magic!

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 37 posts

Oh Shab! Kaine fumbled with his comlink. He'd forgotten to let Caz know he was going exploring.

Ah, sorry cyar'ika. Yomaget, my chief egghead, needs some tech for a project I gave him, and he suggested I take a little trip to fetch it for him. Was just going to sort of pop out to Aeten II.

Hadn't planned on too much drinking, if only because there might be pirate scum, though I suppose we can drink on the trip home, now that you mention it.

He checked the supplies for the transport on his forearm datapad, and saw they'd stocked the galley with a decent supply of drinkables. That would do.

If you're coming along, we'd better get our shebs into gear. He held the comlink away from his ear by reflex, then relaxed. Kaine's first wife Natasi, rest her, would have blasted his ear off if he'd used language like that to her.

His Caz was much more liberated about such things. Even after all these years, it took time to unlearn old habits long ingrained. Both of them were an excellent influence on him, making him a better father, better leader, better partner in life. 

Kaine made his way across MandalArms courtyard to where he'd parked the Clan Australis transport.

I'm outside. Meet you on the transport, love.

All that was left was for them to board, and rocket off into space, hyperspace for Aeten II and what awaited them there.

Caz got up and slid her boots on.She looked around the room for her buy'ce that she abhored wearing but understood the necessity of it when she went with Kaine.  

She clicked on her commlink to her husband.  "Give me a few moments to gather my gear, and I will meet you.I'm not sure where I left my helmet."

She opened the closet door and there it was under a few blankets.She grabbed it and shoved it into her bag and headed toward her husband.

Kaine Australis Liam Darkgear

Edited by Caz Australis, 25 February 2018 - 01:19 PM.

8xM9kaxH_o.png  

cazika.png

kainika.png

Cazsig-smol.gif

Liam Darkgear

Liam Darkgear

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 115 posts

Liam roared with laughter as Kaine told him he got old. It was true. His face was a lot more weathered, and there were new scars everywhere. He couldn't see the robotic arm that he now had. Perhaps that was a good thing.

"Old? Look in the mirror! That's an old Mandalorian right there."

He then listened as Kaine gave him a rough mission brief. It was workable. He knew the where, what, and why. That was all any Mandalorian worth his beskar needed.

"Say no more, vod. We'll get you your stygium. And afterwards, drinks are on me!"

He picked up his helmet from the bench he was sitting on. Like the rest of his armor, it was banged up, but wasn't that the point of armor? Besides, it was Mandalorian armor. It'd probably outlive him.

"So what are we waiting for?"

Caz Australis Kaine Australis

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHO?!

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Time to get this show on the road then.

Kaine clapped Liam on the back and shoved him gently but firmly towards a transport that was firing its repulsors to touch down just a ways from them. The unmistakeable figure of Kaine's lovely wife made her way down toward them from the opposite direction.

Time to go hunt up some loot. Good, old school scruffbag mission, perfect for two old salts like Kaine and Liam, especially with Caz there to keep them out of too much trouble; or help them make some, Mando'ade being what they were.

Kaine climbed onto the transport behind his vode, last man in, first out. He pulled the hatch shut behind him and yelled to the pilot in a fair approximation of a high society lady's falsetto.

Aeten II please driver, express if you please! Then he coughed, that wasn't an easy voice to pull off.

The interior wasn't huge, but wasn't cramped. There were a couple of tables and lounges, seats, and most importantly, a refrig unit stocked with ales, and a decent selection in the minibar.

Kaine lumbered over to a bench lounge and parked his shebs, then unsealed his buy'ce and put it down beside him.

Sabacc, drinking games, or the mesh'geroya on the HoloNet? He looked to his pair of travelling companions. What would it be for the trip?

Edited by Kaine Australis, 01 March 2018 - 08:14 AM.

KaineSig.gif

Liam Darkgear

Liam Darkgear

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 115 posts
"Where's the booze?!"

Liam lumbered down to the mini bar and helped himself to a swig from a brown bottle. Corellian ale. He took a few more swigs, then brought the bottle down.

"Ah. Good chit right there, eh?"

At Kaine's proposal, he thought for a second about his possible options. He was never one for sitting around and playing games, unless they involved drinking or five-finger filet. HoloNet was boring. And he'd rather drink for the sake of drinking.

"How about a friendly brawl, eh? Show me you're still the tough son of a cannock I remember from years ago."

Kaine Australis Caz Australis

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHO?!

Caz Australis

Caz Australis

I'm Magic!

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 37 posts

"I think we can wait on the brawl, can't we Liam.After all you are about to share a drink with a lady.You don't want to keep her waiting, do you?

Sid pulled a new bottle of whiskey from the cabinet and three glasses.She filled them all half way and pushed the to the men, ignorning Liam's boisterous offer to her husband to fight on the ship.

"I can assure you Liam, despite the fact that you have both aged, Kaine here has not lost his prowess in the ring or on the field.Maybe when we get back to our home, you'd come stay a night or two and you two can spar in our boxing gym?That way I have all my tools to heal you at my fingertips." 

Caz winked at him and smiled, teasing the man.The one thing she knew about the men that Kaine associated with, you had to handle them with sarcasm and booze and they would be the most charming and agreeable.  

Caz sipped her drink and looked at them both."So you were saying? What trouble are you about to get up to?"

Kaine Australis Liam Darkgear

8xM9kaxH_o.png  

cazika.png

kainika.png

Cazsig-smol.gif

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Kaine sent Caz a silent thankyou. He wasn't feeling particularly belligerent, and he was rather thirsty. Travel always did that to him, as did any form of actual work.

Kaine got in a word before Liam could object.

Drinks! We'll share a few and talk of old days while we get to where we've gotta go. Ner vod, I'm sure we'll find some scum or other willing to butt heads.

Kaine raised an eyebrow at Liam.

And if we don't, I promise i'll teach you some new tricks. You won't be bored.

Then he leant over and got one of the drinks for himself, giving Caz a little peck on the cheek by way of thanks.

I've never actually been out to Aeten II before, so this is pretty much virgin territory. It's in mando space so we're not likely to face armed hostiles, the organized sort, anyway. Should be fun.

Kaine sipped at his drink, savouring it.

It promised to be an interesting trip. 

KaineSig.gif

Darth Animus

Darth Animus
  • Writers
  • 148 posts

The small transport dropped out of hyperspace dangerously close to the asteroid field around Aetan II. Only quick maneuvering by Corin saved the vessel from colliding head on with a rather large chunk of rock. Sighing, he leaned back in the chair, running a gloved hand over his black hair as he adjusted the sensors of the ship. Moments later, a small chime sounded in the cockpit, and Corin got up from the main chair, walking to the comm channel nearby. This ship had been meant to be crewed by half a dozen people minimum. Just getting it off the ground had been a struggle.

"This is Corin Zanith, reporting in just as we talked about." He didn't wait by the console, instead leaving the channel open as he rushed back to the pilots chair, narrowly dodging a series of rocks that seemed determined to end the former Sith here and now. If this thing had weapons, he was certain the debris field would be much smaller by now. 

He set his vessel to rendezvous with the Mandalorian vessel, before reaching down under the main terminal. He gripped his skulled helmet, staring at it for a few seconds before pulling it on, sealing himself within. 

Kaine Australis

Edited by Corin Zanith, 12 March 2018 - 01:42 AM.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Aboard Transport : Caz Australis Liam Darkgear

::Confirmed, Zanith, we are inbound to you now.:: Kaine's pilot replied over the comm.

General, your two o'clock has arrived! The pilot called cheekily back to Kaine.

Kaine heard the pilot call that the rendezvous they were expecting was on schedule. Kaine had forgotten completely in the fog of tihaar and reminiscing about old times. Choking down the rest of his drink, he got up and left Caz and Liam, and clambered forward to talk to the pilot.

He saw on the sensor display that the craft was approaching, and without being told, his own pilot was already on an intercept course. The transport dodged port and starboard, up and down, avoiding stray boulders, as the two craft converged for this unusual but important meeting.

Kaine had heard of Corin by reputation, and intelligence had reached him that the Sith was disillusioned, looking for a challenge, and to Kaine's mind, a very quality prospect for recruitment into Clan Australis. A capable fighter was always welcome, and force abilities were a bonus. The General had learned to value every skill, every resource; there was always a need somewhere.

Nice and steady, bring us alongside and extend the docking tube. Kaine growled to the pilot, voice still a little raw from the spirits.

Then he went aft and headed for the main airlock, awaiting the linkup of the two vessels.

Corin Zanith

Edited by Kaine Australis, 12 March 2018 - 01:49 AM.

KaineSig.gif

Darth Animus

Darth Animus
  • Writers
  • 148 posts

Once Corin felt the transport lock into place with the other vessel, he pushed himself away from the pilots chair. He grabbed the cloak hanging around the back of the chair, donning it quickly, the black material accenting the pure silver armor he wore underneath. He pulled the hood of the cloak up just before exiting the cockpit, his spare hand reaching out. His lightsaber, laying on a terminal nearby flew to his hand, and he quickly clipped it to his belt as he made his way towards the airlock. He grimaced as a panel on the wall suddenly exploded outward, showering the hold with sparks and debris. This bloody ship was falling apart at the seams. 

Good thing he had stolen it.

Coming to the airlock, Corin waited for the green light to light up above the door before pressing the command terminal next to it. The door slowly slid open, revealing the waiting figures on the other side of the airlock. Without delay, Corin walked forward, his armored boots hitting heavily as he moved across the thresholds of the two vessels into the Mandalorian ship. He looked around quickly, his helmet betraying none of the thoughts he was thinking before turning to lock on the figure standing before him. When he spoke, it was largely filtered through the helmets external speakers.

"Kaine I assume? I am Corin. Has anything changed from the task at hand?" His voice held little emotion as he spoke to the warrior before him, his eyes regarding him steadily.

Kaine Australis

Edited by Corin Zanith, 12 March 2018 - 01:59 AM.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,370 posts

Kaine was waiting in the airlock. He was armored as usual, but his helmet was off. He was lightly armed, pistols and a sword, but nothing too heavy, just dressed for a stroll on a random world not known to be particularly hostile. The airlock cycled, and a figure emerged, helmeted, stepping onto Kaine's ship.

Kaine stepped to greet Corin. He liked the businesslike tone.

I'm Kaine. Welcome, Corin. If our discussions are as productive as our initial contact, I have no doubt you'll find your place here with us. Help yourself to a drink. This is my wife, Caz, and my old buddy Liam.

Kaine turned to introduce the other two people in the compartment.

Cyar'ika, Liam, this is Corin Zanith. It's my hope he's going to join us.

Caz and Liam expressed their welcomes, though Caz was much more friendly than Liam, who was your typical gruff mercenary that gave little away in facial expression unless he wanted to.

Corin Zanith

KaineSig.gif