OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:To provide a SMG for infiltration operations to be used by the Republic Remnant forces.
- Image Source: X
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Republic Industries (Republic Remnant)
- Model: M-12 Submachine Gun
- Affiliation: Republic Remnant
- Modularity: (Yes, top rail for add-ons, silencer or muzzle brakes)
- Production: Mass-Production
- Material: Durasteel, synthmesh, blaster components
- Classification: Slugthower
- Weight: Light
- Ammunition Type: 8.5mmx25mm Caseless
- Ammunition Capacity: 30
- Reload Speed: Low
- Effective Range: Personal
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Average
- Recoil: Average
- Subsonic Ammunition Option
- Transparent Magazine
- Top Mounted Horizontal Magazine
- Compact - The M-12 is a compact, light smg ideal for use in tight corridors where it becomes harder to turn corners or where a quick draw is needed.
- Quiet - The M-12 is designed for infiltration missions and gives its users plenty of options to engage it it such as subsonic munitions and optional silencer to allow it to become deathly quiet.
- Finicky Reload Mechanism - The top mounted magazine can be finicky as they have to release it, wiggle it out, slide in the new one, slap it down and then secure it down once again which takes precious seconds more then standard detachable bottom fed magazines.
- Low Range - The M-12 was designed for close quarter environments where a team would need to infiltrate buildings, ships or other such environments, as such, the ideal range is very up close and personal. It is not rated for medium to long ranges.
The Republic is still branching out into its submachine gun armaments as, currently, they are lacking. The M-12 is not a truly special weapon, it is fairly simple in make, design and purpose. It is meant to be a quiet, easy to use weapon for soldiers needing to preform infiltration ops. However, the weapon does not impress anyone with its power or firing rate, and while it is compact, so great for dealing with the tight quarters, the compact nature of the weapon does nothing for its range and the reload mechanism is a bit finicky and frustrating. The M-12 is not an 'ideal' weapon, but it is a solid weapon and is an important stepping stone in the submachine gun development as the Republic looks into making more potent, specialized, variants.