OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a personal armour for Enyo Typhos that reflects the nature of her new cybernetic body and is in line with current Factory standards.
- Image Source: Here. 'Phantom' by Vincentius Matthew on Deviantart.com.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Eisenmensch Armour. Also subbed by me.
- Manufacturer: Revenant Industries, Enyo Typhos
- Model: Mk2
- Affiliation: Enyo Typhos
- Modularity: Limited. The wearer can add or replace weapons in the vambraces, add a jetpack or rocket boots, add an energy shield and so on. Capable of integrating with cybernetics.
- Production: Unique
- Material: Phrik, Armourweave, Agrinium, Solarium Glasteel visor (purchased here, confirmed here). Copper Faraday Cage, Thermal Gel.
- Classification: Multipurpose.
- Weight: Heavy
- Blasters: Average
- Kinetic: High (Helmet), Average (Elsewhere)
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Sonic: High (Helmet), Low (Fused Quartz Crystalline mesh)
- EMP/ION: Extreme
- Elemental: Average
- Electricity: High
- Military grade HUD, including trackers for ammo, grenades, tags for hostiles and allies, along with augmented tracking and aiming protocols. The wearer is able to cycle through the HUD display through eye or voice commands, or by cybernetic implants. Has infrared and low-light vision.
- Multi-Frequency Targeting System.
- Multi-Spectral Target Assessor.
- Lifeform Scanner
- Comlink, with encryption module.
- Radiation Deflection Badge.
- Sonic Dampners.
- Browncoat utility belt (purchased here, confirmed here).
- IFF Circuitry
- Hermetically sealed
- Absorbelt (purchased here, confirmed here).
- Self-sealing foam.
- Electrical Capacitane Shield.
- Ionization Buffer
- Combat De-Ionizer
- Temperature Regulator
- Power Armor Liner (purchased here, confirmed here).
- Anti-Corrosion Coating
- Electromagnetic sole plates
- Fused Quartz Crystalline mesh (purchased here, confirmed here.)
- Anti-Security Blade
- EMP Disruptor Stylus
- Field Security Overloader
- Electronic Lock Breaker
- Individual Field Disruptor
- Lightshield built into arm
- Weapon slots (2 on each arm) that can be taken from canon or subbed separately.
- Use of Agrinium, a Copper Faraday Cage and various doodads ensure that the armour grants excellent protection against ion and EMP.
- They also grant it high resistance against electricity. Strong electrical currents can obviously still damage the wearer and items like the Absorbelt have a limit regarding how much they can absorb before they give up the ghost.
- Due to being made of phrik, the suit has a very high resistance to lightsabre strikes.
- Various gadgets for Enyo to play with. Wrist weapons, jetpack and so on can be added if needed. Utility belt grants holographic disguise capabilities.
- Sonic dampeners in helmet give good resistance against sonic attacks.
- Vulnerable to high calibre projectiles such as armour piercing bullets. These stand a greater chance of cracking or outright penetrating the armour. The helmet is the most resistant to this type of damage as it is supposed to protect Enyo's brainbox.
- Vulnerable to heavy blaster fire.
- Joints are vulnerable to strikes as they lack the heavy plating to ensure mobility.
- The armour is heavy. The weight itself is not that much of a problem for Enyo since she has an HRD body, but the armour prohibits sneaking around or any sort of stealth. Moreover, it is rather awkward in muddy terrain, swamps and so on.
- The suit's helmet has sonic dampeners to protect against sonic attacks. However, while this protects the helmet well, specific sound frequencies may shatter the quartz crystalline mesh, creating the possibility of ion or EMP attacks leaking through.
Enyo straddles the line between machine and organic. Her brain box is encased in an HRD body and kept alive solely through twisted science. During her indoctrination, her Creators made an attempt to alter her manner of thinking to bring it in line with the mind set of a Terminatrix. She can eat and drink, but it is only a simulation to blend in. She does not sleep, just power down an hour every day to recharge. In many ways, she is more machine than woman, despite retaining a number of human characteristics, such as a deep affection and loyalty towards her clone siblings.
The Eisenmensch Mk2 is designed to reflect this duality and compensate for some of the weaknesses of her phrik endoskeleton. It is optimised for frontline combat. Before crafting it, Enyo had already designed a suit of phrik armour, the Eisenmensch Mk1. However, this suit was made while she still possessed her old cybernetic body. Said body had still possessed a human torso, head and eyes. Her ribs, spinal column and limbs had been made of phrik and she'd been dependent on a primitive breathing apparatus, but she'd been a lot more human than she is now. Moreover that body was quite slow. So once Enyo had acquired the means and materiels to craft a replacement, she did so.
The Eisenmensch Mk2 armour compensates some of the weaknesses Enyo's new body possesses. Like her old suit it is made of phrik. This is only natural because Enyo is very familiar with the alloy. After all, her body is made of it. However, the armour plating is less thick than that of the old suit. This makes it more vulnerable to attacks from high calibre projectile firearms, heavy blasters and to a degree lightsabre strikes, but Enyo considers this acceptable due to the durability of her endoskeleton.
The most protected portion is the helmet, which is only natural because Enyo's skull contains her brain box. While said skull is made of phrik, significant damage could still negatively affect it and if Enyo's brain box is taken out of commission, it's game over. Thus the helmet is particularly reinforced against kinetic damage, sonic attacks, ion, EMP and electricity.
Enyo depends on her electronics to survive, and so her suit is designed to protect them. Copper Faraday cage, Agrinium, Fused Quartz Crystalline Mensh and items such as an Ionization Buffer provide very good protection against the traditional weaknesses of any Cyborg or Droid body. This obviously does not equate to immunity. Ion attacks may still short out less critical systems for a short duration, and continuous bombardment will have an effect. Moreover, the protection does not enable Enyo to tank an ion cannon blast, an EMP bomb or similar. Likewise, sound barriers help out against sonic attacks, though very powerful sound wave attacks would still have an effect.
Enyo's peculiar nature is reflected by the fact that she has dispensed with some 'non-essential' or 'inefficient' support systems. To be precise, while the suit can be sealed, it has no rebreather or oxygen tanks, because Enyo does not breathe. Air seal still prevents liquids, gas and so on from leaking into the suit.
A temperature regulator allows it to be used in virtually any climate. A thin layer of thermal gel helps out against blaster and slugthrower attacks. Combined with foam sealant this allows small holes in the armour to automatically reseal assuming the damage is not too extnesive. Furthermore, a power armour liner endows the suit with some resistance to kinetic and blast impacts, along with heat, cold and corrosives. It also helps against poisons, but since Enyo cannot be poisoned anyway, that point is moot. Excluding protection against lightning due to the myriad systems that ward the wearer against electrical currents, the elemental protection is average because again Enyo relies more on her droid body. Electromagnetic soles help her manoeuvre in in zero or light gravity.
By the standards of phrik armour, which tends to be quite light, the suit is rather heavy. The weight itself is not a huge impediment for Enyo due to the strength of her HRD body. However, she will not be pulling off any fancy acrobatics while wearing the suit. Moreover, it makes her unable to sneak up on anyone, as they will hear her and probably see her coming. Moreover, it is awkward in muddy terrain, swamps and so on. The latter point increases a weakness Enyo's Droid body already possesses, as she finds it difficult to traverse such areas due to her endoskeleton's weight. On the flip side, the added bulk makes it more difficult to knock her over.
Edited by Enyo Typhos, 18 February 2018 - 12:55 PM.