7 replies to this topic

Sidon Eshe

Sidon Eshe

Bounty Hunter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 247 posts

Hello factory gurus,

I just wanted to put some ideas out there for possible adjustments (relatively mild) for bounties.

Suggestion 1:

As you may have noticed, most bounties are placed in the Bounty Board, which is completely fine and the BHG have no issues in that regard. What we would like to be considered, though, is if we might be able to propose a tweak to the Bounty template, so that it looks like this:

Bounty Hunting Template

Name of Bounty: (Who is being hunted?)

Name of Contractor: (What character or organization is placing the bounty IC?)

Bounty Price:  (See above explanation.)

Exclusivity: (Is this contract for a specific Guild? Name them; if not, N/A)

Condition: (Dead or alive, trophy or proof required, must look like an accident, etc.)

Additional Info: (Whatever might be relevant info to help the bounty hunters achieve their goal.)

The benefit of the highlighted adjustment would be for any faction or group that specializes in bounties, not just the BHG specifically. And with the option of N/A, that means it's just a couple of seconds to put in a single field that could help raise public awareness and use of a very niche group of factions (which will never be major, realistically). So the hope is us minor factions can get a little step up, to increase our presence and options.

Suggestion 2:

If that's not possible, a more direct suggestion for the BHG would be: Would it be possible to have a Bounty Hunters' Guild ad pinned in the main bounty board? That way, if people want to use the BHG exclusively for a contract, they can reply in that thread.

Hopefully these suggestions are viable, with small impact on how things operate. Like I mentioned, I don't want to disrupt how things run, just seek a way to help along some niche groups.

Thank you for the consideration.

Edited by Sidon Eshe, 24 February 2018 - 11:26 PM.

Cradossk

Cradossk

Professional Enabler

• Codex Judge
  • 13,928 posts
Bounty board gets little enough action that guild ads could be a cool addition, and reflecting that in the template makes sense to me.

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Sidon Eshe

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll take a look at this and see if it's something we are amenable to.

Posted Image

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Sidon Eshe

Your suggestion for the change to the template has been accepted.

Regarding the request for a pinned topic, however, Chaos staff tries to keep pinned threads to the absolute bare minimum. Only completely essential threads such as rules and templates are permitted to be pinned, which is a board-wide policy.

Posted Image

Sidon Eshe

Sidon Eshe

Bounty Hunter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 247 posts

Nadja Keto Thanks, Nadja (and factory staff)!

Sidon Eshe

Sidon Eshe

Bounty Hunter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 247 posts

Nadja Keto Hey Nadja, just wondering when the template is planned for modification? Thanks.

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Sidon Eshe

Board downtime and some other stuff had this slip my mind, it's updated now.

Posted Image

Sidon Eshe

Sidon Eshe

Bounty Hunter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 247 posts

Nadja Keto Awesome as always. Really appreciated.