OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a standard armament for the Golden Company and Thyrsian Hierarchy’s Auxiliary Forces.
- Image Source: MIDA Tactical - Destiny Fashion - Destiny 2.
- Canon Link: Not Applicable.
- Restricted Missions: If Required.
- Primary Source: WESTAR-M5 Blaster Rifle, A280 Blaster Rifle, Repurposed Canon Articles.
- Manufacturer: The Golden Company’s Guild of Armourers, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, Various Contracted Factories.
- Model: VAR-01 “Inceptor” Pattern Repeating Blaster Rifle.
- Affiliation: The Golden Company, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, Closed-Market.
- Modularity: Yes; Various Exterior Attachments (Modular Rail System), Energy Source, and Tibanna Gas Canister.
- Production: Mass-Produced.
- Material: Durasteel, Myoflex Heatsinks, Plastiod, Magnatomic Adhesion Grip (Textured Rubber), Compacted Galven Coiling, Various Weapon and Blaster Components.
- Classification: Blaster; Repeating Longblaster, Assault Weapon and Battle Rifle.
- Size: Two-Handed Weapon. [Average Rating.]
- Length: 90 Centimetres or 35 Inches.
- Weight: 6.6 Kg [Average Rating.]
- Ammunition Type: Plasma Cartridge, Power Cell/Power Pack, Spun-Tibanna Canister (Gas), Portable Power Generator.
- Ammunition Capacity: Power Cell/Power Pack (30 Shots), Plasma Cartridge (120 Shots), Portable Power Generator (Theoretically, ~Unlimited - Generator Depending.)
- Reload Speed: [Average Rating.]
- Effective Range: [Average Rating.]
- Optimum Effective Range: 100 Meters.
- Maximum Effective Range: 300 Meters. (Magnetic Sheathing Decay.)
- Beam Colour: Variable - Tibanna Gas Dependant. (Standard - Sapphire.)
- Action and Feed System: Plasmatic Conversion - Spun-Tibanna Catalyst.
- Rate of Fire: Three Particle Bolts per Second. [Low Rating.]
- Stopping Power: Plasmatic Particle Bolt [High Rating.]
- Recoil: [Low Rating] - Blaster Weapon.
- Compacted Glaven Coiling - Highly Concentrated Plasmatic Particle Bolt.
- Automated Firing Selector - Semi-Automatic, or Burst (Three Rounds.)
- Delicate Energy Accelerator(s) and Integrated Muzzle Compensator - Longblaster Classification.
- Modular Attachment Rail System - Under and Over Barrel Attachments.
- Integrated Combat Sights (x4 Magnification), with Wireless HUD Uplink Module and Infrared Targeting Laser.
- Variable Power Charge System. (Stun to Lethal Settings.)
- Specialized “Bullpup” Rifle Design - Shorter Longblaster Variant.
- Corrosion Proof, Vacuum Rated, Dry Lubricant.
- Powerful “Armour-Piercing” Plasmatic Particle Beam - Plastoid to Reinforced Durasteel Plating (Personal Armour).
- Modular Attachment Rail System - Various Under and Over Barrel Attachments.
- Magnatomic Adhesion Grip - Disarmament Difficulties.
- Longblaster Classification - Accuracy Specialization and Optimization.
- Delicate Energy Accelerator(s) - Stunted Rate of Fire (Maximum of Burst.)
- Burst-Fire and Semi-Auto Mode(s) - Detrimental to Beam Grouping (Minor Decrease in Accuracy.)
- Minor Plasmatic Recoil - Marginal Accuracy Loss.
- Close Quarters Optimization - Poor Performance at Longer Ranges.
- Power Consumption - Decreased Ammunition Capacity for Greater Accuracy.
- Increased Possibility of Overheating - Utilizing Constant and Maximum Rate of Fire.
Utilizing one of the most commonly understood, and widely-used technologies throughout the galaxy, the VAR-01 “Inceptor” Pattern Repeating Blaster Rifle seeks to bring about a mass-produced innovation that would revolutionize the small arms market - or at least those trusted by the Thyrsian’s enough to get their hands on this hardware. While the VAR-01 “Inceptor” was initially designed for the Auxiliary Forces of the Sun Guard, in time, the weapon would find itself serving as the primary assault weapon of the Thyrsian Hierarchy’s armed forces. Like any blaster weapon, the intense beam(s) consisted of high-energy particles and light that were compacted inside a magnetic field, that in turn sheathed the bolt until it impacted a target. This conversion process began when a small measure of energy-rich gas, most notably spun-tibanna, was moved through the heter valve into a gas conversion/enabler chamber - or more commonly known as the XCiter. It was in this chamber that the power source - be it a power pack, plasma cartridge, or a generator was able to energize the enriched gas before the mixture before being passed through the actuating blaster module to create a supercharged gas.
From there, it was transformed into a compressed beam of plasmatic particles, coupled with intense light, forming the very foundations of the deadly particle bolt. After the primordial laser was sent through, and further focused by a prismatic crystal, the fatally-charged energy was forced into the barrel that was impregnated by Galven Circuitry/Coils, which gave the plasmatic bolt it’s magnetic sheath. While this process allowed the laser to travel lengthy distances, and retain its deadly power, the containment field swiftly degraded over time - negating the killing power at extreme distances over the battlefield. Now, this was where the Thyrsian Guild has sought to improve upon the time-honoured design. With more galven coiling compacted into the barrel and leading up to the emitter nozzle, this would allow for the particle bolt to retain it’s deadly nature over long distances - much like how the longblaster and sniper variants of the plasmatic weapon operated. However, because the Guild intended to keep the beam-rifle at a handheld size, this addition gave them the opportunity to pour more than a small measure of tibanna gas into the enabler chamber and draw more energy from the standard power source.
Creating an even more deadly particle bolt that was several measures short of being classified as a low-grade disruptor.
As one could imagine, with the advances made in ramping up the power of the beam, there came with it a host of drawbacks. Most notably the delicate accelerator assembly built into the circuit-impregnated barrel, and the possibility of the gas conversion enabler overheating, if it was superheated in “rapid” succession without a brief moment of respite. The latter, if pushed to its limit, would often destroy the weapon, as the superheated array would melt - rendering the beam-rifle inert and utterly useless. While this process was rare, if the operator displayed their training by employing a disciplined finger over the trigger, there was still the chance that the weapon could be destroyed - either by external or perhaps a faulty internal component. While these drawbacks were concerning from the technical aspect, they were of little concern to the operator in the field, as their training would ideally counteract and compensate for the known weaknesses of the weapon.
Edited by Khonsu Amon, 01 March 2018 - 12:46 AM.