- Intent: Create a Private KDY-specific alternative to Bacta and Kolto
- Image Source: Valentine's Day Pink Color Change Demonstrations
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Kolto, Bacta, Liquid Breathing, Perfluorocarbon
- Name: Amexol
- Manufacturer: Kuat Biological Sciences
- Homeworld: N/A
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Affiliation: Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat Biological Sciences, Closed-Market
- Modularity: Can be mixed with other medicines, chemicals, and agents
- Legal Status: Legal with License
- Ingredients: BX-13 Medical Bacteria, 4-Dimethylaminobenzene, Ambori, Anodyne, Anti-Corr 113, Coolth, Organichem, Zaloxipine, and Quold Runium
- Classification: Drug/Medicine
- Method of Consumption: Orally, Inhalation - It is safe to use continuously, however it is highly likely the patient will become unconscious
- Average Life: It is designed for continuous use, however single use, the beneficial portions of the drug dissipate near instantly into the body and only effect it for a few hours
- Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/Purpose: Provides sustenance to the body, satisfying food and water intake. Those with Bacta allergies may not be able to use this. Rarely, patients can have panic attacks and hyperventilate, or while being unconscious a patients vital systems may fail if exposed for too long (The body may shutdown, however very unlikely, after several years of use). The purpose is for healing and body growth
- Continuous Sustenance
- Compatible with all non-poisonous or acidic chemicals and medicines
- Absorbed into the Body through the lungs
- Promotes Body Growth
- Healing - Provides the body of an organism healing of their wounds
- No Refill - The substance slowly replicates itself, not on any production value, but compared to how often an organic body 'breathes.' The oxygen and nutrients needed for a body continues throughout use for a single patient and never runs out, but medicine will always need to be added.
- Absorbed - Amexol is 'breathed' or sucked into the lungs, in which the substance is absorbed, giving additional benefits to the body. The chemicals, agents, and/or medicines used in addition to Amexol are forced separately from the main compound, to avoid mixing, however can be easily accepted into the body just the same.
- Rare Side Effects But Hazardous - While it is unlikely for any bad situation to occur, if one does happen, it is guaranteed fatal to the patient. Its sedation effects to make the patient unconscious are to prevent panic attacks and hyperventilation, however they can cause the body to shut down.
- Compatibility - While it works with any medicine, it is also not a good thing. Poisons or acids can be stealthily added to the mix, without anyone knowing. They also break down the substance and may convert it to a lethal substance that is unknowingly absorbed into the body
- No Immunity - Amexol is not resistant to viruses, harmful bacteria, or other sicknesses. They can easily thrive in a container of Amexol, spread, and contaminate it beyond anything that can be fixed
Amexol was a healthy and less costly variant to Kuat Drive Yards as an alternative to Kolto or Bacta. Without the necessary hardware required in a bacta tank, such as oxygen tubes or other obstructive devices, a patient could be freely suspended in the fluid. Of course, other devices would be used to monitor a patients lifesigns, whether a scanner was used, or physical devices. However, Amexol had very many redeeming qualities, where it could be absorbed instead of using invasive practices. It could heal wounds and keep a patient healthy with sustenance. Still, it was problematic. The first trial runs caused patients to hyperventilate, which the fluid wasn't able to compensate. Their bodies demanding more and more oxygen, but the fluid couldn't keep up, causing horrendous results. The method to fix this problem, however, also presented further problems. The key rule when using Amexol is to be gentle, slow, and make a comfortable environment - and also give the patient breaks from Amexol if they absolutely need to be within a vat for more than five years.
Edited by Kuat Drive Yards, 10 March 2018 - 06:36 PM.