An Event to Remember:
Events, especially the dramatic board events of Netherworld, Omega and Clockwork fame are incredibly complicated and time consuming to run and organise. Due to my own free time diminishing and Tef’s stepping back from direct administration of the board there are not likely to be any major staff-run events this year.
However, we know that a lot of our members have good ideas they might want to try out, especially on a smaller setting. Therefore, I present this opportunity for members to pitch, run and enjoy mini events.
The concept is quite simple; a member will gather a team together to compose a plot idea which will then be pitched to the members and then approved by staff. Staff will not have any official hand in running this event, but will have a liaison attached to negotiate anything which the event team might need.
The plan is to have one of these mini events run every 4-6 months.
The restrictions on this event are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list, and others might be added if necessary.
- The event must be confined to a single, neutral hex.
- If set on a custom (green on the map) system, the creator’s permission must be given.
- Canon planets may not be destroyed or so devastated that they are denuded of life. The scale of possible destruction can be negotiated below this, however. Custom planets may (with permission of the creator) be devastated/destroyed in special circumstances. The Head Admin reserves the sole right to approve this.
- The event must be open to all factions and members, and they must have a reasonable way for all to be involved.
- The event must conform with all site rules, and may not be a crossover or non-canon. Canon characters cannot be involved or portrayed.
- The event will run for a maximum of 4 weeks, but most likely 2 will be enough.
- Leeway will be given on starting date, but it must be within a month of the idea being accepted.
There are a lot of possibilities for how this can be done, from war to peace, from invasions to natural disasters, from sports to art. The below is only a few options, and there are many more available.
- A natural disaster threatens Mon Calamari. Whilst many rush to assist those in peril, others might have less moral reasons for coming, especially as disasters leaves the area ripe for ‘acquisitions’ of belongings or equipment.
- The Chiss on Csilla are being attacked by an unknown force. They have called for assistance in dealing with this peril. Of course, some might want to make contact with the peril for profit and chaos.
- A Hutt is holding a high stakes podrace on Nal Hutta. Some might want to take part, others spectate or gamble, others to take part in some shady business.
And much more. Within these events can be all manner of RPing types, from fleeting to ground battles, to PVP to peaceful interaction. It all depends on what type of story you are trying to tell.
It’s very important to know your strengths and those of your team. It’s too easy to have grand plans and not be able to deliver on them. Therefore, it is suggested that that there be 1-2 main threads if you are running a narrative event, with possibly some smaller threads for people to take part in other ways.
Please fill in the following template. I have posted a LFG thread here. When you have assembled a team post the below template.
Event Name: (A good name makes it more attention grabbing.)
Event Team Leader: (Which alt of yours is going to be in charge?)
Event Team Members: (Tag each person interested. 4-6 is a realistic minimum.)
Setting: (Which neutral planet/hex is the setting for this event?)
RP Types: (Tell us what type of RPing you are looking for. Will it be PVP? PVE? Fleeting? Will it have a GM or freeform? This will help writers zero in on whether this is an event they want to join.)
Synopsis: (Provide a brief summary of your event. What will it involve, what is the main plot? How will you get everyone involved?)
The Pitch: (Offer up a pitch to sell your event above anyone else’s. What will you do which is new or different? What do you hope to achieve? Remember you have to appeal to both members and make it feasible for staff to approve.)
Applications are to be posted here. The most popular entries will be reviewed by staff to ensure feasibility and one chosen. Others may remain in the running for subsequent events.
Do not volunteer to do an event or join a team if you cannot follow through! There is a fair bit of work involved, so know your time limitations!
Edited by Valiens Nantaris, 17 March 2018 - 05:55 PM.