OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Submit a spec ops unit that works directly with Zephyr, and act within the jurisdiction of the CIS, and can work outside of it freely.
- Image Credit: Revan654
- Role: Special Operations Task Force
- Unit Name: Operation Darkstar, Known to the CIS public, and most military Forces as "Obsidian Ops"
- Affiliation: Zephyr Carrick/Verd Clan/Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Classification: Spec Ops
- Quill-Class Shuttle(Transport for Missions) - Obsidian Blade
- A/Y-92 Starfighter(Space bound Missions) - Raven's Wing Formation
- CZ-836 Rifle
- HV-55A Rifle
- ONE Jackal Sniper Rifle
- CZ-837 Shotgun
- CZ-835 Pistol
- Sunshot Pistol
- VB-113 Vibroblade
- C-11 Combat Knife
- Templar Utility Belt
- Hex Flight Suit
- Aegis-Class Armor
- LK Pred-X
- LK Spider
- Availability: Unique
- Deployment: Limited
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Tight Knit: As a group of soldiers, officers, and agents that were picked out by Zeph on this team, and were then trained from day one to work together to work through just about any situation, As a group, this task force is well correlated, and will get the job done.
- Top Gun: Trained in flying ships, All are current Mandalorians, as well as battlefield tactics, various weaponry, martial arts, slicing, espionage, and other such, these guys are one of the, if not the best force that the CIS may have at their disposal.
- Droid Allies: Using a combination of Pred-X droids and Spider Slicing droids, they can greatly increase the ability to tract down fugitives, assassination targets, Bounties, or other such. The Spider droids also aid in slicing and stealth like missions. Otherwise, everyone else on the team is a sentient being. The total droid units are 18. (12 Pred-X and 6 Spiders)
- Loyalty till Death: These men and women are dedicated to the CIS cause, Mandalorian cause(specifically Carrick and Verd Families) as well as their leader Zephyr, they would die for one another, for king and country.
- No Cavalry: Darkstar is a group that goes alone. They number 7 people including Zephyr. One Dedicated pilot, five operatives, and Zephyr. That's all they have. No support, no extra men to call in when sick. This limits their usage to strategic encounters, Operations, missions, or other like minded pursuits. Full scale battle is possible, but will be limited due to there smaller manned size.
- Erased: Each of these operatives have left behind their old lives. They no longer exist in the eyes of the Confederacy as a whole. Rumors spread and speak of them and their exclusivity, but the only known member of the task force is Zephyr himself. All the others, if they were to perish, were already considered dead. They get no medals. No special merits. No special ranks. This is their one job till the day they die, or are unfit for duty.
- Never the Same: Should one of the members die, As their existence is erased from the CIS files, their callsign is given to them predetermined. Should they perish, their callsign will be passed onto the new addition when they have been replaced. Creating the air of mystery that, that particular operative never died. Further adding to their almost exiled state, as they are considered barely anything above servants to the CIS and their Jobs.
- Difficult Replacement: As the process for hand picking these operatives takes time, training, and the willingness of those who are offered the position to be in the Darkstar, should an agent go down, or be removed from duty, it will take quite some time to replace them.
Operation Darkstar. Commonly referred to as Obsidian Ops, or in the abbreviated form of Oops, is a small task force composed of seven individuals. Hand picked by Zephyr, these operatives, specialists, officers, or straight up soldiers who have shown, or have records of superb skills in their field, are put into this squad.
Entering process is known very limited, but what is known is that anyone on the team is a "Ghost." Their lives have been forgotten, and their record is already claiming them as KIA, or MIA. Their families are informed of their deaths, they are even given proper burials to sell the bit. Yet, these men and women are still alive, and kicking.
Any form of identification is removed. Fingerprints are burned off and removed, with their teeth and any previous record being removed, or realigned so that one could not tell that the person is still alive. This is to prevent any hostile action taken against their family, as well as to prevent their loss of life to be considered. Should they perish, they were already dead to begin with. However, should their time prove useful and retire, or were to subsequently be removed from their position being deemed unfit for battle, they are then given new names, new backgrounds, and allowed to live out the rest of their lives. They are allowed to pursue their previous life should they choose to do so if they were claimed MIA. Being found or rescued from hostile territory.
Until that time, they work and function as operatives of the Darkstar operation. Improving upon their already sought after skills, they are taught to fly, drive, act as a unit, train until their body is completely broken, so that when they are on the mend, and remade into soldiers and warriors that will not break under pressure, soldiers that will not speak if captured, and accept their death should it come for them. They are loyal to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and to their current leader, Zephyr Carrick.
The only public information of the task force, other than the rumors fabricated from the imagination of those who have heard of it, or planted into the ears of many by those who set up this program, is that Zephyr Carrick is the lead operative upon this force. Any operative who's cover is blown, will be returned to civilian life under a protected order, or subsequently placed back into standard military rotation.
Using an extensive list of weaponry, armor, gear, vehicles, and ships, The Darkstar operatives are given full reign of their tasks set before them. Answering exclusively to Zeph, and the Dread Lord himself.
The small task force is lethal, but strategically placed in scenarios that other task forces would not be able to complete, or be considered suicide missions. Once placed on the job set before them, its is not a question of if, but when and how the mission will be completed. Working as a team, it would be very difficult for them to be defeated.
However, the small task force is great for smaller operations. Large scale battle is possible, and can be done, and will be done, but their area of expertise is small time missions, or working in the background to pull the strings. Given command over two particular droid types, and used for various reasons across the board, This task for is one of, if not the best that the CIS has to offer.
Should you see them coming for you, run away. You will only die tired.
Edited by Zephyr Carrick, 15 March 2018 - 04:02 PM.