• Very powerful forward facing armament
  • Extremely well protected
  • It's a flying fortress
  • Extremely well protected even against Ion or Slicing
  • MBE-1

Weaknesses:

• Slow
  • Sluggish
  • Cannot use shields while on the ground or while being deployed from orbit making it vulnerable to attack at these times
  • Susceptible to boarding, no troop transport capacity
  • Cannot fire weapons while moving due to power requirements
  • Vulnerable during orbital deployment, damage to thruster will cause it to deploy into the ground at terminal velocity, which is almost certain to be fatal
  • Loss of a single engine will require the vehicle to sacrifice shielding to stay aloft. More than one of the four and its grounded.

DESCRIPTION

Designed from the ground up by MandalArms as a mobile HQ, General Kaine's input into the process led to the HQ resembling more of a fortress. When Yomaget, the head of MandalArms heard this, the project was dubbed the flying fortress, and soon the AF-316 was born.

Heavily agrinium shielded repulsors and thrusters propel this gargantuan beast slowly through the skies. The AF-316 is a leviathan of the sky. Boasting an impressive weapons array, cooled through the liberal use of heat resistant dallorian alloy, as well as hadrium and denscris in the construction of the AF-316's big teeth. The armor is layered duraplast/silicar weave ablative plating, able to withstand impacts and energy blasts that penetrate AF-316's triple shields; molecular, particle deflector, and ionic.

Such a massive and well appointed craft is power hungry, and thus the AF-316 is not without its flaws. Its powerful shields cannot be used while the craft is on the ground, or being deployed, and she cannot fire her weapons while moving. This limits the craft's utility in any mobile conflict, as it must first wallow into position before unleashing hell fire and brimstone on its enemies, who have ample time to see it coming and be somewhere else.

Also due to the difficulties of transporting such a massive craft, and their rarity, these are always deployed one to a battle zone.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 14 March 2018 - 02:10 AM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Iona Immarya

Iona Immarya

That One Padawan

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 239 posts

Under Review.

Nar_Haaska.png

Iona Immarya

Iona Immarya

That One Padawan

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 239 posts

Hello there, Kaine Australis! I will be reviewing your sub with you. :P You and making me judge super big machines of DOOM. Keeping me on my toes.

• Squadron Count:  Very Low (4)

So, for me, as soon as I see Extreme size, I think there shouldn't be a squadron count because they are just so massive that deploying multiple as one 'squadron' just really shouldn't be done as a SOP. Moreover, as it acts as a massive mobile HQ, and so should be the 'centerpiece' of your deployed force, there should only really be one per force rather then four massive HQ's just floating around in the same combat zone [If there are more then one, odds are it was just something you had on hand rather then it being a standard practice, know what I mean?] 

I would prefer you drop this to None

• Armaments: Extreme

Disruptor Cannons
Railguns
Proton Torpedoes
Quad-Laser Turrets
Turbolaser Turrets
Ion Cannon Turrets

Nothing wrong with the weapons, but the picture you are using has all the weapons on the bottom of the ship, unable to fire above it, is that picture more of just a 'guide' of what it 'kinda' looks like? Cause, if its meant to be taken literally, this thing would be a monstrous ground support vehicle but be very vulnerable to other air forces which would make a very solid weakness if this was the case. 

Ionic Shields (Tertiary)

SPECIAL FEATURES

• De-Ionizer

So, this beast is very resistant to Ion weaponry, I know you have 'extremely well protected' as a strength, but I would like you to note that it is resistant to not only damage, but ion and even slicing that way someone doesn't have to read all the Special Features [especially if they don't know what to look for] in order to determine its capability. Especially as both Ion and Slicing are more niche means of attack. Can put it as just, 'Extremely well protected even against Ion or Slicing', just want that to be mentioned in an easy to spot place.

Weaknesses:

• Slow
  • Sluggish
  • Cannot use shields while on the ground or while being deployed from orbit making it vulnerable to attack at these times
  • Susceptible to boarding, no troop transport capacity
  • Cannot fire weapons while moving due to power requirements
  • Vulnerable during orbital deployment, damage to thruster will cause it to deploy into the ground at terminal velocity, which is almost certain to be fatal

Nothing wrong, just wanted to note you have solid weaknesses here. You thought it through before posting it and I love to see that. The boarding one is very good [but then, even if it has no troop transport, that is still 40 angry Mandalorians. Would probably enjoy being boarded for the sport and there is nothing wrong with that].

Also, this thing has four main engines, from what I can see, how many can it lose and still retain flight? 

Nar_Haaska.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,158 posts

Iona Immarya Edits made. The picture is more of a guide, i envisage the turret weapons having some upward aiming ability, not the primaries unless the vehicle ispointed in that direction, something very unlikely with such a sluggish air whale. :) Glad youre enjoying the doomtech!

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Iona Immarya

Iona Immarya

That One Padawan

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 239 posts

Awesome. Pending Secondary Approval. Thanks! Jamie Pyne

Nar_Haaska.png

Zef Halo

Zef Halo

Good ol' Scoundrel