Adult Female Eyktan, aprox. 40 years old.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Sub the species native to Nordia, expand upon the lore of the Je'daii, create a race that can interact with PCs who visit Nordia and provide an alien species for writers to play should they wish to.
- Image Credit: VentralHound.
- Canon: N/a.
- Name: Eyktan.
- Designation: Sentient.
- Homeworld: Nor'oo (Nordia).
- Language: Eveng (mother tongue), Galactic Standard Basic.
- Average Lifespan: 120 years.
- Estimated Population: Planetary.
- Description: The Eyktan are a very striking species, not only because of their natural characteristics but also because very few have had the chance of meeting them in the galaxy. Towering over most species, with skins displaying bright colors, and with an imposing build, they certainly call to the attention of those around them, much to their chagrin. They have big, serpentine-like eyes and long, pointed ears. Eyktan also possess a long tail, approximately 1.5m long that ends in a spear-head shaped blue bone that the Eyktan often sharpen to use as a means of defense.They have six fingers and six toes.
- Breathes: Type I.
- Average height of adults: 2.5-3m
- Average length of adults: N/a.
- Skin color: Varying shades of: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Purple. Normally a combination of different shades of the same color is presented. Individuals with two or more color are rare but not unheard of.
- Hair color: Black, White, Brown or Hairless.
Eyktan, though humanoid in their appearance, are easily differentiated from them and in truth, do not share an origin with them. Their shapes have evolved to adapt them to the vast and often dangerous world they inhabit, and so they are beings of great physical strength and prowess. An Eyktan's anatomy is primarily based in an outstanding balance, combined with the agility, senses and reflexes that allow them to navigate the intricate and tall planes of their world. Almost nothing sentient lives on the floor of Nordia, and so the Eyktan have evolved to move freely in a terrain were high falls and irregularities are a constant danger, resulting in their truly needed prime physicality.
Eyktan do not present such an evident sexual dimorphism. Though the males and females are easily distinguished from each other because of their frames, there is no evident difference as far as height, weight and physical abilities goes, making them a very balanced species in this aspect. Since they are similar to mammals, Eyktan females are the one to carry their young.
Some parts of their bodies are covered in hard scales rather than in soft skin, such as their nose-ridge, necks, sides, forearms and inner thighs. They serve as protection, though scientist have noticed that it seems to be a receding trait in the species, since more ancient specimens used to possess a larger quantity of scales and the current members of the race lack the protection of these scales in equally vulnerable/vital places such as the abdomen and back.
Eyktan possess a high metabolism, and though this certainly serves them favorably to keep their shapes in good form, it also means they need greater quantities of sustenance, enough to nurture beings of their size and caloric needs. They are completely omnivorous, though it has been noted that each race developed some form of preference for specific types of foods most available to them. They dislike and do not digest well most of the foreign food of the galaxy, specially processed products since they are not accustomed to them.
Na'ring-Yktan: Na'ring-Yktan, literally meaning 'forest people', are the Eyktan who belong to the forest ekii. Their main weapons are bows and long, curved weapons known as okru. They are known to be the best Na'ring'arip ('forest surfers') in the Eyktan, since though all of them learn to navigate the difficult planes of their planet, the Na'ring-Yktan are the ones who do so most often. They prefer feeding from hunted prey and fruits.
Ayram-Yktan: 'Mountain people', the Ayram-Yktan are the Eyktan from the mountain tribes. They use their terrain to their favor when in battle and it is common to see them wield throwing knives, a boomerang like weapon called 'tsik and are the best at setting traps. Ayram-Yktan are also the most resilient of the races, since they live in the harsher, colder parts of Feyhoo's Wingspan, the great mountain-ridge of Nordia. They hunt avian game and also incorporate the mountain berries to their diet.
Txampay-Yktan: 'Sea people', the Txampay-Yktan inhabit the coast along Nor'oo's End, and are also known as the awkxlew, the 'cliff mongers'. The Txampay know how to climb better than the other races, withstand great winds better and are some of the strongest Eyktan. Their diet consists primarily of sea-foods.
Swotulu-Yktan: The 'river people', Swotulu Eyktan have made their eki's along the banks of Mymenos' Mirror, the Great River. They are fisher people, wield spears and have focused more deeply in intellectual and spiritual matters. Swotulu-Yktan have long-since been the best healers of the Eyktan species.
Physical Prowess: Given the conditions they live in, Eyktan have developed truly wonderful bodies. They are strong, fast and agile, far more so than an average humanoid.
Balance and Senses: The key to their ability to move in the high canopy of their forests is the perfectly balanced design of their physique and the keen senses that allow them to react quickly to sudden changes/occurrences.
Protective Scales: Some parts of their body (listed in Distinctions) are covered in hard scales that protect them from kinetic damage. The scales can also withstand stray blaster bolts though of course, any more direct or continued fire will damage them. (Average protection)
Attuned to Nor'oo: They have a very deep understanding of their surroundings and share a mental and physical connection to their planet, built with years and years of acclimatization and learning.
High Metabolism: They need a high caloric intake to fuel their large and strong bodies. Eyktan starve much faster than other species.
Reliant on Cardiac Health: Eyktan are known to have very powerful hearts, and that is because they absolutely need them. Eyktan require their heart to be healthy and strong so that it can keep their bodies well stored with the needed nutrients and oxygen found in their blood. Cardiac damage/diseases are very serious for an Eyktan, and often fatal.
Attuned to Nor'oo: Eyktan find it hard to leave Nor'oo and become agitated and unpredictable when outside their planet. They feel a need to be among their kin and their forests, this is the main reason why none of them have ever left Nordia up to date.
Prey and Danger Zones: Eyktan may be the only intelligent species, but they certainly are not the most dangerous one. There are animals that prey on the Eyktan and as if this wasn't enough, they live hundreds of meters above the ground. One mistake while navigating through the canopy and a long fall awaits them, their death at the bottom. Many Eyktan perish to their environment annually.
Big Targets: Easily reaching heights of 3m and sporting shiny, colorful skins, Eyktan's are easy to see, easy to target, easy to shoot.
Keen Senses: A strength and a weakness, they find loud noises or foul smells extremely hard to cope with. They cause them physical pain.
Reluctant about Modernization: They have every opportunity available to them to learn from technology and still, they neglect it. The species is hell-bent on maintaining their ancient way of living.
Very low force-sensitive rate: Very, very few Eyktan are blessed with a true connection to the Force. They might now how to understand their surroundings and feel as if they have a spiritual connection to their world, but force-sensitivity is truly a rarely seen and very, very celebrated event in their species.
Thin ribcages: The Eyktan have slender frames to support an athletic body and this means many of their protective bone structures are thinner and more compact. It is easier to harm, break or even pierce the ribcage of an Eyktan than it is with other species and this again leaves them vulnerable to heart damage, which is a commonly lethal injury in them
- Diet: Omnivorous. Their systems do not take well to highly processed foods due to lack of exposition to it.
- Communication: Verbal. Hisses, growls, chuffing.
- Technology level: Low. The Eyktan are very weary of technology and have rejected it for the most part. Since the arrival of the Je'daii, some of them have decided to acquaint themselves a bit about the modern technology of the galaxy and have learnt to use some of it such as blaster weapons, devices and -though in very, very few cases- pilot ships. Still, the race as a whole is still squeamish of it and even if surrounded by the technology brought to Nordia by the Je'daii, they have chosen to continue living their lives as their old customs dictate.
- Religion/Beliefs: The Eyktan have long-since abandoned their ancient worship of war and chaos and have adopted the believes and codes of the Je'daii Order, whom befriended them upon arriving to their planet. The Eyktan are firm believers of the Bendu, the Balance of the Force, and despite not being force-sensitive (a very small number of their members are), they do their best to imitate what the Je'daii teach them and have since built their own way of maintaining the balance in their world, having grown much more respectful of everything that composes it.
- General behaviour: Eyktan are tribal people who, with the help of the Je'daii who settled their planet, learnt to look upon their world and their community with respectful and loving eyes. Nowadays, the Eyktan are social and hard-working people, focused in maintaining the Balance in their planet and looking after it as a species. Quarrels are solved diplomatically and no conflict is allowed to escalate into a war. However, they are also very overprotective of their planet and weary of most strangers. They are very much afraid of losing all that they have worked hard to achieve, and so guard the safety of Nor'oo diligently. It must still be remembered that as a sentient species, Eyktan can display very different personalities from one another.
The Eyktan evolved in Nordia many thousands of years ago, becoming the first and only fully sentient species of their planet. Social beings, they lived together in tribes that could grow as large as a few hundred members which they called the Ekii. However, the Eyktan were ferocious and short-tempered people, who constantly jumped from war to war, always finding a reason for conflict with the rest of their kin.
Because of this, the Eyktan saw many generations pass and wither to war and battle, peace seeming like an impossible idea, or only achievable through more death and destruction. This all changed with the arrival of the first Je'daii settlers, an archaic branch of the Order who would settle the disputes of the Eyktan and teach them a better way. The natives took well to the new settlers, and found a truth in their teachings that they would make the effort of incorporating into their own culture.
The Eyktan became faithful believers in the Force and, most importantly, in the Balance. They tried to imitate the Je'daii in any way they could, given that true force-sensitivity was a miraculous rarity among their kin, and thus became a much more respectful and moderate species.
Even after the sudden disappearance of the Je'daii from their planet, the Eytkan continue to uphold their teachings and pass on their story to their young. Many years and generations have passed since they last shared their planet with the Je'daii, but they still remember them dearly and await for their return, caring for the planet they helped to grow and develop into something better.
Edited by Esis Nas, 17 March 2018 - 06:21 AM.