We've been working on a number of changes to the factory over the past few weeks in an effort to continue making things easier, and more open for creativity. Below you will find the complete list of changes.
- Restricted Missions have been entirely removed from Restricted Materials. Your ability to utilize RMs is dependent upon a number of factors including:
- Whether the submission is manufactured by an individual or company.
- Tier level of the company manufacturing the item. (Beginning at Tier 4.)
- Category of the material being submitted.
- Please see this section for complete details, however below is a general overview.
- Companies and Major Factions have been given much higher limitations when it comes to manufacturing limits for civilian starships and space stations. See here, or here.
- Tier 6 Companies may now select a single material to produce technology, vehicles and starships at limited when using that single material. (Some restrictions apply.)
- Salvaging rules have been removed as they are now redundant and unnecessary.
These changes are effective immediately.
Keep in mind that despite these changes, submissions will still need to adhere to balance, and may require additional compromise when working with Factory Judges when it comes to the inclusion of restricted materials in certain categories, though specifically starships.
Please carefully read over the new restricted materials list so that you have an understanding as to what may be submitted at unique, semi-unique, and limited production levels, as they have specific limits.
NOTE: We will not be allowing prior approved submissions to utilize modification requests to add restricted materials. If you wish to do this, you must re-submit the submission in question, citing the previous submission as the primary source.
Any questions please post below. Have a great night!