OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To put an appearance on the academy on Mikko where the majority of research and development into Mikko's scientific and technological advancement takes place.
- Image Credit: Here.
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Mikko, Lyrkon, Tamar M'Raki, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Dominion of Mikko, Molecular Shielding, Quadanium
- Structure Name: Mikkoni Academy of Science and Technology
- Classification: Science and Technology Research and Development Center.
- Location: Mikko
- Affiliation: The Mikkoni Empire
- Accessibility: Located a fair distance from the capital of Mikko, it is surrounded by a guarded and shielded outer complex with light rail transportation and two transport checkpoints. Without proper authorization one cannot simply approach the complex without being stopped and investigated.
- Security: Outside of a molecular shield generator, the facility's outer complex has three checkpoints that are lightly guarded with the addition of light laser cannon emplacements.
- Description: Upon first glance the structure appears to be simply a massive intricate tower surrounded by trees, waterfalls and a semi circle of elaborate walls. Upon closer inspection the structure in the middle is the core of the academy where the majority of the serious research takes place while the structure that makes up the outer ring is filled with observation centers dedicated to development of what is researched in the central tower.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Core Tower: At the center of the Mikkoni Academy of Science and Technology complex is the tower in which the majority of Mikko's research into science and technology takes place. It stands well over fifty stories tall and houses a plethora of labs and offices in which the top scientists of do their work. The external intricacy makes it appear like a white flame spire.
Core Branch Living Complex: An offshoot from the core tower is the housing complex of the Mikkoni Academy of Science and Technology. Inside it's expansive thirty stories are thousands of apartments and suites dedicated to the living quarters of the scientists and their families. At the center of the complex is an open common area featuring a fountain, garden and even a entertainment facility for all ages.
Outer Ring Complex: At the outer lying area of the Academy is located the ring of development facilities. Hundreds of them located along the semi-circle, they stand host to the development of the research undergone inside the core tower. The ring is uplifted off the ground by a complex network of towers and support structures and possesses a light rail system to transport scientists from one lab to the next, and even to the living quarters complex.
Semi-circle Checkpoints: Located at two points along the semi-circle of the outer structure are militarized checkpoints for the regulation of who goes in or out of the facility at any time. This is due in part to the fact that the majority of people coming in or out of the Academy generally tend to live there to dedicate themselves to their research and time with their families.
Underground generator complex: Deep under the core tower, surrounded by several layers of quadanium casing, is the shield generator and multi-power core bunker. From here the power runs up to the facility core tower and out to the rest of the complex's many external structures. The maintenance entrances are located in hidden locations under the outer ring and the main entrance is at the center of the core tower's first basement floor; an entrance that is guarded by it's own personal shield and security force that answers only to the Emperor, his family and the head of Mikkoni Science.
While the technology and science on Mikko was constantly advancing, it was during the time of Emperor Zedekiah M'Raki and his father, that these advancements saw their largest leap. It was during their rules that the Mikkoni Academy of Science and Technology was constructed and continually advanced upon. Under the supervision of their advisors, wives and chief scientists Zedekiah and his father each oversaw elements of the Academy's construction.
It wasn't Zedekiah's reign that the facility became fully, and wholly, operational as a part of the Mikkoni Empire's direct affairs. He made advancements to the living quality, safety and efficiency aspects of the facility throughout his reign while still putting his focus on the quality of life of his citizens; his people. Towards the end of his reign the facility continued to stand as one of the greatest achievements of the M'Raki line in contribution to the well being and betterment of the Mikkoni culture.
Under the reign and supervision of crown princess Tamar M'Raki and her brother, Emperor Solomon M'Raki, the facility would be put to it's most arduous effect. As the galaxy becan to escalate in it's status of war, the academy became both a tool for the future and a cog in the war machine of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Edited by Tamar M'Raki, 01 April 2018 - 08:31 PM.