- Intent: To create a reward ship for Khonsu Amon
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions:
- Primary Source:
- The Galactic Empire
- Model: Prototype D50-Mantis Patrol Craft
- Supreme Sun Guardian Khonsu Amon
- The Golden Company
- Production: Unique
- Quadanium-lined Durasteel Hull
- Titanium-reinforced Alusteel Frame
- Transparisteel Viewport
- Turadium Blast Doors/Shutters
- Classification: Gunship-Freighter
- Length: 42 meters
- Width: 46 meters
- Height: 36 meters
- Armament: Average
- Defences: High
- Reinforced Hull
- Advanced Gunship Deflector Shielding
- Various Countermeasures
- Squadron Count: None
- Manoeuvrability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Very High
- Hyperdrive Class: .314 | Back-up 5.5
Gunship Ion Drives
Gunship Hazard and Damage Control Systems
Gunship Life Support Systems
Gunship Navigational Systems
Gunship Sensors and Targeting Systems
Gunship Communications Systems
Gunship Environmental Control Systems
Gunship Tractor Beams
Gunship Escape Pods
Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks
- Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer (HIMS)
- Vanish 2 Military Sensor Masking System
- Blockade Runner - With its high amount of speed, the Sunrunner is well-tuned to bypass enemy blockades. This is particularly helpful given the pilot's tendency to have their work centred around active warzones with high amounts of naval forces in orbit.
- Tough - Made of only the finest and most durable materials in the Empire, the Sunrunner is constructed with a reinforced hull as well an advanced deflector shield, giving it an above-par defence against most light turbolasers and laser cannons.
- Countermeasure Extraordinaire - Survivability is the motto of this starship, but it has not only advanced shielding but an extensive suite of various countermeasures centred around rendering the craft invisible to enemy scanners and missiles, as well as dispatching the latter before impact can be achieved.
- Power Hungry - While the ship design does include extra energy production and storage in the 'fins' of the craft, this still remains a greedy little bugger when it comes to power. It has to keep not only the standard systems active, but the weapons, shielding, and countermeasures. If too many of these systems were to be used too quickly, a shortage or surge is likely to occur.
- Ventral Blindspot - The ship has a rather large zone on its ventral section with no weapons, meaning agile starships can easily manoeuvre down there and wreck havoc without fear of retribution. This, coupled with the craft's low manoeuvrability, makes this a crippling weakness.
- Unwieldy - The starships large, shapely frame make it more difficult to manoeuvre than other ships of this class and size, giving it a major disadvantage against ships that can exploit its ventral blindspot frequently like interceptors.
Designed after the D5-Mantis of the Old Republic era, the D50 is an experimental patrol craft made for service in the home fleets of Imperial worlds, in order to hunt down and defend against pirates and other adversaries when the deployment of a cruiser or star destroyer would be considered overkill. This is the prototype testbed of the class, created personally by Director Travis Caalgen and the engineers of the Advanced Weapons Research Division.
Preparing to bring the gunship-freighter hybrid into full Imperial service, Caalgen was ready to send the prototype away until the topic of the Golden Company's reward for their services to the Empire came to light. Acting on advice from the Moff Council, Caalgen decided to award the prototype, dubbing it the 'Sunrunner' to Khonsu Amon, a stellar tribune of the Company who personally fought on the side of the Empire during the Battle of Zenith Prime.
Featuring several post-construction modifications made by Caalgen, including an advanced .314 hyperdrive, advanced military-grade shielding and countermeasure suites, the Sunrunner would serve as an excellent starship to the Thyrsian.
Edited by Travis Caalgen, 03 April 2018 - 01:03 AM.