OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: The Guardsmen tasked with defending the Emperor and projecting his will.
Image Credit: Imperial Guard
Role: Royal Guard
Unit Name: The Imperial Guard
Affiliation: Galactic Empire, @Adron Malvern
Classification: Elite Guard, Infantry
- Combat Superiority: The Imperial Guard spends a great deal of their training learning to fight in close quarters combat, however before even picking up a weapon the guardsmen are trained as proficient hand to hand duelist. These guards are skilled marksman, pike handlers, and hand to hand combat specialists.
- Armored: The uniform that the Imperial Guard are clad in is not merely for ceremonial purposes. While being rather heavy, the uniform has advanced defense capabilities against blaster fire and lightsabers.
- Veterans: The Imperial Guard is composed of the Empire's finest and most experienced soldiers, therefore it is a unit primarily composed of those with combat experience and reacts well to pressured combat situations.
- Devout: Once inducted into the Imperial Guard, the guardsmen are programmed through years of training and environment to be ultimately devout to the Empire. No Imperial Guard will ever betray their command.
- The Strong willed: These soldiers undergo extreme mental conditioning, making them resistant to Jedi Mind tricks and mental domination. While possible, the user must have considerable skill to use a mind trick on these men.
- Master of None: The Imperial Guard are trained to be equally skilled in all aspects of combat that they are assigned. While this creates a diverse skillset, they are not allowed the time and focus to master any one field.
- Long-range: The Imperial guard excel in close quarters combat and can maintain mid-range combat, however they have no defense against long range weaponry such as snipers or mortars.'
- Low numbers: Even when deployed into open combat, the Guard never moves in excess numbers. Because of the rigorous training, expensive equipment, and considerable background checks the guardsman are difficult to replace.
- Predictable: These soldiers are wholly devoted to their doctrine and regulation. While this is a compliment to them in combat, it also makes their tactics and actions easily recognizable.
- EMP Susceptible: This unit relies heavily on it's armors advanced systems as well as the weapons they train with. ION/EMP technology could severely cripple their combat effectiveness.
The hand of the Emperor, the Imperial Guard are the finest soldiers within the Galactic Empire. For every man the process to becoming a Guardsman can vary. Some men are born and bred solely to have a chance at being accepted into the Guardsman academy, others are granted the honor through years of devoted service and excellence in their fields.
The most common induction of a soldier into the Imperial Guard is by being selected from the Empire's own Stormtrooper Corp, For most it takes years of dedication and excellence in service and command to even be considered to attend the academy on Bothawui. If one is lucky enough to be selected they will be ordered to attend the academy. Once in the academy the soldier will earn the title of Cadet Guard, and is subjected to years of training and conditioning. In this time they will be taught about the history of the Guard, learn how to combat force sensitive enemies,and train to one day serve the Galactic Empire in a way few could dream of.
Graduation is not determined by years endured, nor is it solely based on the skill a Cadet Guard displays. The Instructors at the academy decide when the cadet is ready to be moved out of the academy, whether it is in red robes or a black body bag. With an Ninety-three percent failure rate, the Imperial Academy on Bothawui has the highest rate of death of any Imperial facility. Yet, by if some miracle the Cadet passes their final exam, which is to defeat and execute another of his class, they will be clad in the scarlet robes of the Imperial Guard, and serve the Empire for the rest of their time.
Edited by Adron Malvern, Today, 08:26 PM.