Company & Workshop Modification Thread
This is where you go when you want to update your company or workshop submission for when you've grown in Tier or just feel like sprucing up your submissions. Simply fill out the template here and then someone will get to it.
If you still have questions, please post them in the Factory Q&A.
- You may not advance more than one Tier in a single request. Threads already used for advancement from one tier to the next or made during a previous tier will not count towards a new tier advancement. If your expansion is one lengthy consistent thread, you must specifically provide the applicable unused posts that pertain to that tier up.
- Each linked thread may only be used to fulfill one of the sub-requirements for each tier level. ( IE: No double-dipping the same thread to fulfill a major contract and a use of company operations.)
- Every additional new Location & Operation or Headquarters change requested through the Company Modification Thread will require proof of expansion.
- Each expansion in Tier level will require a company to display examples of company growth in influence and/or finances or territorial expansion, as well as usage of the company's operations.
- Territorial expansions used for tier promotion purposes may result in that new location being added to the company's location list if it is on a new planet. Location submissions in the codex may be used for this.
- Use of a company's operations may vary from a thread in which a company's operation is utilized, or as a submission in the factory or codex in which one or more of the company's operations are used for its creation.
- If company growth is done in the form of venturing into a new operation then that new operation will be added to the company's operation list.
- Displays of company growth in influence or finances are any examples in which there are efforts to expand these two. Show that a company is putting an effort into growth and/or is putting its influence to work and it will benefit here from it!
- Each expansion to tier IV and up will require a Major Contract.
- A major contract is any thread in which a major faction or tier V/VI company decides to align its interests, long-term, with your company specifically that greatly expands your company's influence and/or size & scope. Examples may vary from, but are not limited to: a contract or agreement to become the designated provider for one of your company's operations for a major faction or tier V/VI company, the completion of a large or ambitious project with a lasting impact on the growth of your company, and/or the long-term or permanent partnership between your company and the major faction or tier V/VI company in question.
Company Tier Upgrade Requirements
Use the following for your company Tier Up requests. Select the Tier Up template requirements in the spoiler below for the level you desire and fill in the information therein.
Workshop Expansion and Growing in Tier
A Workshop is a small operation, comparable in size to a Tier One Company and follows the same production limitations. A Workshop’s growth in tier reflects increasing prestige and expertise in a specialized field.
- Each expansion in tier will require personal commission threads or specialty products.
- A specialty product is any factory or codex submission which utilizes the workshop's specialty for production.
- A Personal Commission thread involves providing your Workshop's specialty products or services to another PC or NPC used by another writer.
- Each expansion in tier from tier IV and up will require a Mastercraft Project thread.
- A Mastercraft Project thread is an extensive and/or ambitious project that involves providing an especially innovative product or service, in keeping with your Workshop’s specialty, that is tailored personally for a PC or NPC used by another writer.
Workshop Tier Upgrade Templates
Use the following for your workshop Tier Up requests. Select the Tier Up template requirements in the spoiler below for the level you desire and fill in the information therein.
Company / Workshop: (What company is being changed?) (Also, link the company or workshop submission here.)
Modification Made: (What are you changing? If you are merging companies, we need the submission link for those companies. Detail all changes here. Every additional new Location & Operation or Headquarters change requested through the Company Modification Thread will require proof of expansion. Add in the FULL name of the thread or submission. These are required for all Tier up requests, HQ's changes, New Locations, New Operations, Changing Operations, merging of companies, etc. For full details, please see the Company Rules or ask in the Factory Q&A. )
Tier Up: What level are your tiering up to and add in the appropriate Tier Up Template
Adding Operations: If you are adding an operation, list the operation and the expansion thread.
Adding Locations: If you are adding a location, list the location and the expansion mission. ( Missions also include Codex Submissions)
Changing Headquarters: If you are changing headquarters, list the new HQ location and the expansion thread.
Other: Any other changes and if required, the appropriate expansion thread.
Rationale: (Why are you doing this?)
[Please spoiler the full modified submission here.]
Edited by Lily Kuhn, 04 May 2018 - 01:51 AM.
Fixed the URL in the hyperlink to the Factory Q&A Thread