OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a special torpedo for use
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Solar Ionization Reactor
- Manufacturer: Saotome Foundry
- Model: Warhead
- Affiliation: Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase)
- Modularity: Works in most launchers
- Production: Limited (Silver Jedi Navy)
- Sasori Inth
- Internal Components
- Tracking and seeking: Designed to be attracted to the solar ionization reactors energy output.
- Containment Disruption: The specialized torpedo is designed to not damage as much as cancel out the containment shielding of a solar ionization reactor. Once the containment is down the miniture sun's heat can melt and damage the engines and power generation capabilities to try and disable the ship.
- Ineffective: While it is designed to release a powerful payload it is really only designed to work effectively against one form of engine that is used. Antimatter and hypermatter do not have the same energy output that the torpedo can seek.
Designed by Sala'dine, the torpedo is something meant to be rare and for ultimately disabling much larger vessels. Much like a jedi shadow bomb was effective in certain situations where a ship needs to be disabled. The torpedo once fired seeks and searches for the energy output of a solar ionization reactor that produces a miniature sun. The containment shielding for it is the target. To disable it long enough for the energy to destabilize and damage the ships engines and power generation capabilities. Without the power it starts to become just a flying piece of debris in space.
Edited by Sala'dine, 03 May 2018 - 06:04 AM.