OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: This is my character's original species and I hope to be able to grow her into a full-fledged member of the race in time and with appropriate development. I also wanted to add a little bit of Asian folklore into the RP, with its own Star Wars twist.
- Image Credit: N/A
- Canon: N/A.
- Links: Kimiko | Akarui
- Name: Akaran Kitsune
- Designation: Sentient/Near-human
- Origins: Akarui
- Average Lifespan: 900 – 1250 GSY
- Estimated Population: Planetary
- Description: Near-human in appearances, some very subtle and some very obvious distinctions.
- Breathes: Oxygen, Type-1 atmosphere
- Average Height of Adults: Males 2.2 meters; Females 1.6 meters
- Average Length of Adults: N/A
- Skin color: Caucasian
- Fur color: Wide spectrum of colors that covers the head, ears and tails.
- Distinctions: The Kitsune, or "Fox People" share many characteristics to a base-line Human, walking upright, opposable appendages, etc. The similarities end there though.
The Kitsune, share several key traits. These include:
- The race is aesthetically attractive, not having many physical blemishes.
- They rarely show physical signs of aging throughout their lives.
- Canine like ears on the top of their heads.
- A pronounced set of canine teeth.
- A set of fine whiskers adorning each cheek.
- Per individual, anywhere between one and nine separate tails grow, that begin at the base of the spinal column.
There are many differences, however, between the sexes that can allow anyone to easily identify the difference between a male and female Kitsune.
- Males: Male Kitsune grow much taller and more physically built than their female counterparts. When males mature, they grow a "mane" that covers a portion of their upper back. Individual males will seek an individual female to mate with for life. It has happened, albeit very rarely, males seem to grow no more than five tails. Though, when one does mature with more, they are considered prodigies among the male populace.
- Females: The females, appear more feminine and fragile in comparison to their counterparts, which is not the case. They also develop more "womanly" features upon maturing, maintaining the same appearance throughout their entire lives, making it very difficult to accurately pinpoint an age as the oldest females look as if they were the same age as Kitsune decades younger.
- Hisan’na (Wretched) Kitsune – Outcast Kitsune that have fled to the mountainous regions in the northern dessert, mostly within caves. They have banded together in isolation from the rest of the populace, forming their own clan. Over time, the lack of sunlight and poor diet have caused members of this group to begin deteriorating in appearance. Members appear more shriveled, with less and even patchy fur, and have a pronounced arched back.
- Force Sensitivity: High
- Natural cunning - A very crafty race, known to be able to make rather snap decisions when required.
- Hyper-dexterous - Being very light and nimble on their feet, allowing them to accomplish impressive acrobatic feats.
- Heightened senses - Once matured, Kitsune develop acute hearing, improved eyesight, and a keen sense of smell.
- Blaring weak spot - Severely damaging or even removing a Kitsune's tail or multiple tails can render one immensely weakened or near-death. This effect is amplified in individuals with the legendary nine tails, as removing all nine will result in immediate death for the individual.
- Abysmal night vision - Living with constantly bright moons at night means their night vision has had no reason to evolve above basic sight.
- Sensitive hearing - Extremely loud noises can injure or even render one permanently deaf.
- Emotionally driven - The Kitsune are heavily reliant on their emotions, letting them be the main driving force behind most regular situations.
- Dying breed - After the Gulag Plague eradicated a majority of the original population, especially losing a majority of their males, the species has still not fully recovered, barely managing to keep from going extinct.
- Diet: Hyper sensitive to alcohol and caffeine, the effects being more than twice for a standard Human. Cocoa is off the menu due to it affecting the species as Arsenic affects Humans.
- Communication: Along with the standard speech and writing, one could expect to hear barking, growls, yelps, and howls between members.
- Technology level: Technologically deprived due to their isolation. Akin to being in the Medieval era when compared to the rest of the Galaxy. Although, they are making incredible gains in modernizing their world.
- Religion/Beliefs: For millennia, the Akarans have held a singular belief that all things are connected. This belief also holds to worship of nature spirits and ancestors who have honorably passed on. There are countless shrines and temples scattered throughout the land tended to by the religiously devout Toujou clan.
- General behavior: The Kitsune would be odd to outsiders. They are rather outgoing, friendly, and sociable with all they come across. They are family-centric, and pairs will mate for life once paired while fostering multiple litters of children. They have come a long way from their primal origins, not relying on hunting and gathering to support themselves. Primarily a nocturnal race, they can be found awake during most hours throughout a day. They are also very in touch with the world around them, ensuring to take only what is needed to survive.
The history of the Kitsune spans millennia, with the first official records appearing sometime during the Old Sith Wars era. This time is believed to be when the Kitsune evolved past their primal stage and began coming together as clans. Eventually, the gathering Kitsune would begin expanding, and they did, eventually forming alliances with the strongest clans at the lead.
This peace would not last, as the leading clans would begin vying for power between each other. These conflicts lasted for several decades until a new clan rose to power and subdued the others. Under the leadership of this new clan, the Kitsune banded together and formed the basis of the modern empire. This period is believed to have occurred right as the Great Galactic War was beginning.
During this time, a Jedi Master and her Padawan stumbled upon the isolated world, drawn by a disturbance in the Force. They discovered the fledgling Kitsune, and immediately opened up trade with Republic. They were lucky to be far enough to escape the conflicts raging across the rest of the Galaxy. Though, this did not last long, as suddenly the Republic ceased their regular trades, once again plunging the planet into isolation.
Not much occurred after this, with little advancement in any way, the Kitsune went about their lives in peace. They continued developing their own practices and prospered in their own little corner of the Galaxy.
The Gulag Plague spread through the Galaxy like wildfire, eventually finding its way to Akarui. In the aftermath, it is believed that 75% of the previous population was wiped out during the plague years.
As the species worked on rebuilding, trouble was approaching. The current Empress fell ill and passed away with no apparent successor. This led to her 7-tailed daughter assuming the role as Steward. Slowly she began tightening her grip on the people, enjoying the lavishes of power and swiftly silencing any opposition. Little did she know, a successor was in fact born, her little sister Kimiko. The little Kitsune was smuggled off the planet by an unknown means with assistance from members of the royal council members.
Now, Kimiko has returned, and freed her people from the clutches of her maniacal sister, catapulting her people onto the Galactic stage. Who knows what the future may bring!
Edited by Kimiko Taiyō, 10 March 2019 - 02:05 AM.