• 2,368 posts

image_5614-Multi-Planet-System.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Planet Name: Hodasal
  • Demonym: Hodasii
  • Region: Outer Rim Territories
  • System Name: Hodasal (Camouflage) System
  • System Features: Red dwarf star at the low brightness range. Star system is surrounded by a reflection type nebula which keeps much of the star's light from escaping the area.
    Five inner planets, and a single outer gas giant with its own system of twenty moons.
    Third planet has a small moon named Jorsar. In order from inner to outer planets they are named Dubh, Hodasal, Ashrah, Reign, Parja, Reyn.

• Coordinates: AC-22 (Below Wayland)
  • Major Imports: Financing, Droids, Manpower
  • Major Exports: Military equipment, Manufacturing equipment, Finished goods

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Dubh
    Gravity : Half Standard
    Climate : Inhospitable
    Terrain : Barren Rock
    Type IV

• Hodasal
    Gravity : Standard
    Climate : Temperate
    Terrain : Grassland, Plains, Mountains, Ocean
    Type I

• Ashrah
    Gravity : Standard
    Climate : Temperate
    Terrain : Grassland, Plains, Mountains, Ocean
    Type I

• Reign
    Gravity : Half-standard
    Climate : Arctic
    Terrain : Grassland, Ocean, Steppe, Ice
    Type I

• Parja
    Gravity : One Eighth-Standard
    Climate : Inhospitable
    Terrain : Rocky Desert
    Type IV

• Major Locations: 

Dubh- Innermost planet, a molten sea of heavy metals, very close to the primary star. Rich in ores such as neutronium and doonium, this is a prime location for mining.

Hodasal- Capital World, home of the system's Chancellory, the ruling body known as the Chancellerate, and the main economic and cultural hub of the Hodasii people. With the highest population, the local people are a little more aristocratic than those from the other worlds. It is mostly ocean, with about 35% landmass.

Ashrah - A world on par with the homeworld Hodasal for size, but very sparsely populated with only a few scattered colonial style settlements. It is mostly untouched wilderness, vast plains, forests, jungles and some small oceans. Ashrah is almost 50% landmass with more space compared to Hodasal.

Reign - A smaller, colder version of Ashrah, Reign is also more mountainous, with sheer peaks to rival any other in the entire system. Ice and snow blanket this frigid, inhospitable, untamed, but still quite habitable world. A few science stations are the only human habitations.

Parja - A cold, barren, dwarf planet, Parja is rich in basic ores, and is almost completely metallic, another prime candidate for mining operations to fuel the heavy industries springing up on the inner planets.

Jorsar - Moon of Ashrah, Jorsar actually has a larger population, owing to the fact it was colonized before the larger world it orbits. The close-knit population on Jorsar are fiercely independent, rugged individualists. They are part of the system's government, but only begrudgingly, preferring to keep to themselves, and work to the betterment of Jorsarite society.

POPULATION

• Native Species: Hodasii (Humans), Various native non-sentient avian, mammalian, reptilian, insect and aquatic species.
  • Immigrated Species: Mix of sentient species, no large alien populations. Some Togorians, Wookiees, Rodians, Rattataki.
  • Population: Moderately Populated
  • Demographics: Primarily humans, though the Hodasii are welcoming of outsiders, strange looking aliens still unnerve them, so the Mando'ade of different species tend to keep their helmets on.
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic
  • Culture: Meritocratic post-industrial society. Though there were some upheavals following contact with aliens, the Hodasii culture of hard work and honesty and practicality gels well with the Mandalorians who discovered them, and the two mesh well.

Hodasii have gone through several cultural declines and renaissances over the many thousands of years of their recorded history, attempting government through militarism, religion, economics, anarchy, and various other oft-failed measures, until after their second and final world war, which devastated the economy and population of Hodasii; changes were made.

The militaristic nature of the societies following the conflict combined with the will to avoid such conflicts in future led to the unification act and the codex of cooperative merit. The three major powers, along with nine minor nation-state powers had all combined their various warring political factions into a unity government of one form or another during what became known as the Ten Years War. The spirit of cooperation in the face of challenge led to the formation of a provisional unity government, uniting the entire globe for the first time.

This was combined with the rapid advances in computing and information technology during the war, allowing for instantaneous global communications to become a reality, further uniting the societies of the Hodasii into a single, global people.

The strive to better one's self led to a more meritocratic form of rule, where populism took a back seat to proven results. Results, real, tangible results, not propaganda, was desired, and the Hodasii people took to this like they were made for it. Capable leaders took charge across every walk of life, pushed forward unwillingly in many cases by peers who believed in them.

The culture rebuilt itself anew, along with the world itself, united like never before under a series of often unwilling but capable Chancellors, elected by the ruling Chancellery, representing the Hodasii people as leader of a ruling council of twelve, also appointed by the Chancellery. Represented by leaders who actually further the best interests of the people, participation in the somewhat democratic process is high.

Appointments to the council of twelve, or the Chancellor position itself are a great honour, and usually foisted on those capable of leadership, but unwilling to promote themselves, self promotion without merit being frowned upon in Hodasii society. This is how those unwilling but able are put into leadership positions they would not perhaps have sought out themselves. Service is not mandatory, but there is a strong cultural and ethical impetus to serve the greater whole of the Hodasii people, and this is usually enough to convince those nominated to take up their positions.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

• Government: Republic
  • Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire
  • Wealth: High - Large mineral wealth as well as booming agriculture and aquaculture makes Hodasii exports highly prized
  • Stability: High - Economic prosperity, security, safety and freedom make unrest a rarity
  • Freedom & Oppression: Freedom is near absolute. Hodasii society encourages striving to benefit the whole, so most beings here are well behaved and diligent.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Limited local militias and armed forces. Mandalorian fleet elements stage in and out of the system, but local forces are ground-based and relatively low-tech.
  • Technology: Basic pre-spaceflight industry, but increasing with exposure to modern galactic technology.

desert_moon_by_justv23-d5w2izp.jpgReyn, the 6th planet, as seen from the surface of Parja, the 5th planet

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Discovered quite by accident, during an expedition to map out new hyperspace routes in hopes of opening up more trade lanes like the Jaster Trade Spine; an accident with a navicomputer sent one of the scout freighters tumbling out of control into a local reflection nebula. It was well known to local spacers of course, but what wasn't known was that there was a star system inside it, much less an inhabited one with several habitable planets.

The system's second planet was home to a thriving human civilization who had progressed over thousands of years from roving tribes with bronze axes to city dwellers with internal combustion engines. The various nation-states had gone through many changes, conquests, plagues and wars, which became less and less as technology progressed and the standard of living went up in most places.

The development of the culture and technology continued, with ever-larger nation-states vying for power, both economic and political. Finally, technology progressed to the point where global conflict was a possibility. The Hodasii took to it with reckless abandon. A series of alliances between nations pulled most of the planet into a two-sided war none of them were prepared to fight. The war was an almost consistent stalemate, and a wholesale slaughter, as archaic tactics met modern weaponry. It was thought of, when the cost was counted, as the most bloody and devastating conflict in Hodasii history.

Unfortunately for the Hodasii, it wasn't the last. 

The geography of the planet, with a large ocean and massive continental mass meant no large physical barriers between the three warring powers. The development of aircraft was one of the many triggers for the second great conflict, as much as it was the Turtledove Accords, the peace treaty which devastated the economy of the losing side, which splintered into many minor states. The war also took a toll on the victorious coaliton, which fell apart fighting over the spoils, not that any spoils went any way to balancing the cost of such a lengthy and bloody conflict.

For a time, over almost two generations, the planet was at peace, but with unrest. No one had been happy at the outcome of the war, and everyone blamed someone. Three new powers eventually arose, opposed in ideology and in rhetoric, blaming each other openly for the first conflict, and the terrible terrible cost. Demands over territory gave way to threats, border skirmishes, and finally, the worst war in Hodasii history; the Ten Years War. All three sides contributed to the outbreak of war, and each side's militarism meant it would not be over soon.

For ten years, the three sides threw themselves into total war, with aircraft, guided missiles, armoured vehicles and heavy artillery. When it was all over, with the unconditional surrender of the two losing powers under threat of continued devastating aerial bombardment, the cost for everyone was far too high. The surrender document was signed, and then a conference was called, involving all the major powers, to create a lasting peace.

The three major powers, along with nine minor nation-state powers had all combined their various warring political factions into a unity government of one form or another during what became known as the Ten Years War. The spirit of cooperation in the face of challenge led to the formation of a provisional unity government, uniting the entire globe for the first time. This was the Unification Act.

The strive to better one's self led to a more meritocratic form of rule, where populism took a back seat to proven results.Capable leaders took charge across every walk of life, pushed forward unwillingly in many cases by peers who believed in them. Instantaneous global communication allowed this to be possible, transforming the militarism into a zeal to avoid future conflict, and to strive to better one's self and one's people.

The global government, called the Chancellery represents all national groups with duly appointed representatives to the main body. Local regions elect a representative to become part of the governing body known as the Chancellorate.

This body elects a council of twelve, who can be replaced from among the Chancellorate, and a Chancellor, who serves until death, or removal by the unanimous vote of the council. This system of government, and the military unification of the planet under a single body, has led to a period of unrivalled stability, and prosperity, as advances into technology have allowed the Hodasii to begin exploring their solar system, even forming small scientific outposts on several other bodies insystem.

None of this prepared the Hodasii completely for first contact with alien life. Due to the nature of the nebula surrounding the system, the Hodasii cannot see any other stars or stellar bodies. They truly believed themselves to be alone in the universe and that nothing exists beyond their solar system. Were they in for a surprise.

The Mandalorian explorer, one T.H. Raxis, made first contact with the local inhabitants, who were just barely beginning their space exploration in crude orbital vehicles. The locals were surprised, but soon delighted to have their first alien contact. Being a meritocracy, the explorer was quickly but crudely put in touch with the system's elected Chancellor. A lively discussion ensued, after which the Chancellor requested to speak to someone in higher authority. This led to General Kaine's involvement.

Kaine and the Chancellor went back and forth for hours; after convincing the Chancellor that they were equals, despite Kaine's answering to a higher authority, the worlds and forces and population under his direct command were equal to if not greater than the Chancellor of the Hodasal system. Finally an agreement was reached, after finding common ground on culture and meritocracy, Kaine's promise of advanced technology and access to galactic markets won over the locals, and they joined the Mandalorian Empire lock stock and barrel, eager to make credits. Credits and technological progression and advancement were the main carrots Kaine used to convince the Chancellor to sell the Alliance with the Mandalorian Empire to his people, along with the stick of Mandalorian protection against outside threats.

Economic prosperity ensued, as Mandalorian firms engaged with locals to uplift the local manufacturing base, and utilize advanced terraforming and construction options, including nanoconstruction, to best take advantage of the system's vast resources. Mandalorian defences began to appear insystem, star forts, orbital defence platforms, and the like, to keep track of the ever growing commercial and civilian traffic that followed the system's discovery.

moonview_by_justv23-d602f4a.jpgReign, 4th Planet, and Parja, 5th planet, as seen from Jorsar, moon of Ashrah, 3rd planet.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 20 June 2018 - 02:43 AM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Irajah Ven

Irajah Ven

Doctor, Doctor, Gimme the News

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,931 posts

Kaine Australis

Under review

VsYy9Dk.jpg

Irajah Ven

Irajah Ven

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,931 posts

Kaine Australis

So first, minor thing:

-

Five inner planets and a single outer gas giant

But then you list seven-  Mantis, Raxis, Australis, Raven, Verd, Kryze, Manda- I realize that Raven is the moon of Australis, but when you claim six then list seven it's gonna get bounced back to you. Make this clear here in this part in some way (I would recommend removing Raven from this list here and just listing it as the moon after). 

-I need you to link neutronium and doonium in the Mantis blurb. 

-Please link to the ME in Affiliation

-Going to need you to flesh out culture in a serious way. 

VsYy9Dk.jpg

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Irajah Ven No worries, edits made. I tried to focus on culture without going too much into history.

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Irajah Ven

Irajah Ven

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,931 posts

Kaine Australis

That was actually going to be my next point. 

Is there a reason you aren't going into the actual native history? Because that should actually be addressed in at least a paragraph or two. 

VsYy9Dk.jpg

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Irajah Ven I agree. A little sleep and a few more ideas. Thankyou for all your help with this, it's much appreciated.

KaineSig.gif

Irajah Ven

Irajah Ven

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,931 posts

Kaine Australis

Looks good.

Pending approval.

VsYy9Dk.jpg

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Veridian Zenith

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,906 posts

Kaine Australis

Before I get into this one further, I need one thing cleared up. You speak of a planet Holosal, but throughout the template, only other planets are described. Please remedy this.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Zeradias Mant The planet Hodasal was to be renamed Raxis, i've edited for clarity.

KaineSig.gif

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Veridian Zenith

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,906 posts

Kaine Australis

There's a lot here, so I'll take just the first half of the sub for now.

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Please change the planet names as they're inconsistent with the lore you've established in the sub. I'll touch more on this when we reach the second half of the sub, but feel free to edit the historical information accordingly before then.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Please organize the planets in the all fields in this section by planet, and please indent them if not using bullet points.
  • All the climates you have listed are more terrain features than they are actual climates.

POPULATION

• Please state what species can be found in this system.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Zeradias Mant Okay, edits made. Sorry for the delay.

KaineSig.gif

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Veridian Zenith

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,906 posts

Kaine Australis

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Going to ask once more you change the names, as the likelihood of the native people naming their planets after well-known Mandalorian clans that they've never known is next to zero, and it's probably not something that would change to appease the Mandalorians if they were convinced to be equal. I would suggest using the names given to the planets by their native populace.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Given that this is a star system, I don't mind that you edited a little bit of the template for organization's sake, but please mention which field is what. (i.e: 1/8 gravity, Temperate climate, etc.)

POPULATION

• Please specify which notable species immigrated to the system. Stats for individual planets are not necessary, though it may behoove you to make mention of any sizable minority populations

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

• There is no such thing as an "elective dictatorship." I would recommend using some sort of republic, as those in power are elected.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

• Please clarify your description of the Chancellery. Is it the council of twelve you speak about? If so, how is someone from the Chancellery replaced by someone from the Chancellery?
  • If half the Chancellors don't want to be in their position, why would they agree to take lifetime appointments? Would terms remedy this? Would such a static government executive body really be conducive to the freedom you described in the aforementioned section?
  • Why would R.H. Raxis be put in touch with only one chancellor?
  • If Kaine was negotiating with the chancellor (or chancellery), how would he win over the general populace at all?

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Zeradias Mant No worries, edits and clarifications made.

KaineSig.gif

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Veridian Zenith

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,906 posts

Kaine Australis

POPULATION

• You still have Hodasal being called Raxis in the Culture field.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

• You've still not addressed the below questions:
    • If half the Chancellors don't want to be in their position, why would they agree to take lifetime appointments? Would terms remedy this? Would such a static government executive body really be conducive to the freedom you described in the aforementioned section?
    • If Kaine was negotiating with the chancellor (or chancellery), how would he win over the general populace at all?

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,368 posts

Zeradias Mant Fixed that oversight. Expanded on the Chancellor, the council and why they'd take roles they didn't seek. Also expanded on how Kaine used money and technology to win over the leader and allow him to sell the Mando alliance to the general population.

KaineSig.gif

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Veridian Zenith

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,906 posts

Approved.