OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create the greatest Sith Holocron, full of whatever its various owners put into it.
- Image Source: Here.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Name: The Chained Tome
- Manufacturer: Los Muertos
- The holocron appears to each person somewhat uniquely based on their personality and aesthetic choices. In addition, the gatekeeper that presents themselves will also choose a form pleasing to their senses, or otherwise what they unknowingly wish for it to be as. For those hoping to respect the device, something more akin to an aged Sith Lord with wisdom littering every aspect of his tone, for those seeking to search its depths, perhaps a more youthful guide with excitement in their voice.
Production: Semi-Unique (Only 5 Connections At Once)
- Material: Alchemized Liquid Titanium (Shards) │ Crystal Lattice - Obsidian Crystal (Main)
- Classification: Holocron │ Artifact
- Size: Average, but varies on user.
- Weight: Average, but varies on user.
- The Slave's Additions -
- Unrestricted -
- Complete copy of The Skull of Mythos
- Various excerpts from Bestia's Holocron
- Every theoretical and practical useage of Alchemy developed by The Slave, or otherwise learned over his years of practice.
- "Complete copy of Rave Merrill's notes on Force Crafting and its traditions."
- "Complete copy of 'Girawn, Sion, Calypho: Pain as Guide and Servant', by Velok Of Toola"
- Restricted -
- A complete study of every artifact The Slave has created, including their genesis, weaknesses, and more; including The Darkstaff.
- Complete control guide to The Chained Tome, restricted to avoid abuse.
- Unrestricted -
- Omniscience -
- Every person chained to the tome is able to not only pull knowledge from its depths, but add to it at will. With up to five servants to the holocron at any given time, this allows various sith lords to instantly discuss, transfer, and otherwise debate sith related knowledge in all aspects; including dossiers on various other force users situated throughout the galaxy. There is no limit to what can be put in, categorized, or otherwise implanted into its endless depths for later usage.
- Omnipresence -
A serious advantage of the holocron over others, is its ability to appear and disappear at will of its creators; albeit through the use of the alchemized metal store in their hearts. These are connected to the main holocron, but work slightly different than a regular holocron. Summoning the device, its various users will witness their personalized version of the 'metaphysical' holocron manifest before them, opening, with a personalized gatekeeper summoned to meet them. The technical aspects of the device mean it can be summoned at any time with little strain on the user, while this metaphysical nature makes it impossible to actively steal from one of those chained to it without their ritualistic consent. This is because it is not a true holocron, but rather the connection to one.
- Draining Presence -
- With extreme knowledge, comes the endless desire to write one's knowledge inside the device. From beginning until end, its purpose is to hold the entirety of sith knowledge and it does this by coaxing those chained to its depths to actively impart their knowledge every chance it can get. This weakness adds to its depths, but the danger comes in falling too far into the addictive folds of handing over ones knowledge. For those too vested in it, even meditating inside its chambers for seemingly weeks on end, they'll find themselves eventually unable to leave; forever a librarian in the endless expanse of knowledge inside its gilded halls.
The Chained Tome;
The magnum opus of viable holocrons offered to the dark side monoliths that be, the artifact has been gifted to some of the most notorious sith lords around the galaxy. In doing this, a small instruction has been given on how to attach the device to oneself, and how to pass it off to the next should the user ever choose; all covered in detail further on. In its depths it holds a massive ‘realm’ interconnected between the hearts and souls of those connected; effectively the most private institution that will ever be, made for their enjoyment and scholarly pursuits.
In chaining yourself to the tome, one must meditate with one of the first five 'shards' made, letting its form inject itself into the skin and make room for a variable amounts of technology that slowly inserts itself into the skin; mixing a certain amountcreated to impart its power into the chosen masters. While doing so, the shard will warp and shudder, eventually digging itself into the skin and hiding away inside the skin of its user; being able to be seen by sensors and the force sensitive due to its latent power. A terrifying experience, and one met with pain, it quickly dissipates as the knowledge to summon it is quickly given to its user with little effort. To transfer the artifact works much the same way, trading blood through twin cuts to allow the device to move from one bloodstream to another, passing off its endless gift. This must be done with consent in mind, and is nigh impossible to steal without previous acceptance of transfer.
The one downside of the connection is its almost lustful pressure to impart knowledge into its folds; filling its depths with knowledge untold. To avoid this after the consecration, would lead to a disturbing itch inside the skull, constant and unavoidable; but getting lost in its depths is no different. While it pressures those into writing more into its endless folds, for those who spend decades within there comes a point where their regular body will waste away and they are forever to be kept wandering those halls and greeting the next masters to be. A dangerous lesson in the pursuit of knowledge, over time the halls will be filled with those who seek power for all eternity, idly helping or ignoring the next generation.
Once imprinted on the master however, the device can be accessed in two ways; one a summon, and one a meditation. The first is relatively simple, simply extending the hand and watching as a unique version of the holocron forms in the palm, quietly whirring as it opens and offers them a glimpse at a semi-unique gatekeeper designed from their own subconscious mind. This first method allows a more conventional means of access, despite the summoning, to explore its depths. The gatekeeper allows full access to its depths without fully submerging themselves in its halls, allowing users to speak to them of various locks on information and otherwise restricted information with the chance of unlocking them. Other than this, it can bring forth as much knowledge as the user requires, imparting it both through the force or verbally if so chosen.
The second method is more inclusive, immersing the master into a hall full of knowledge seen only by the very few and elite. To access this, the user must meditate with this place in mind before being ‘transported’ to its interior. Inside, the compendium is aesthetically similar to ancient sith temples with electrum-esque gilds and accents contrasting much of the obsidian like stone. The library is evershifting in its depths, but simply thinking of the various rooms within allows one to traverse it easily; however this ability is restricted to those who actively are imprinted with it in their blood. To anyone seeking to piggyback off the meditation through mind magics would find themselves perpetually lost in its depths, should they make the mistake of attempting to infiltrate it.
There are two major areas of the library, the first being the various library sections dedicated to either contributors or subjects, depending on thoughts involved. With time going a mere fraction of the time of reality, finding yourself lost in an entire section of the library at will is a common feat, reading more and more information as wished. This can be done either ‘physically’ for items restricted from force transfers of knowledge, or simply imparted should the contributor have allowed for such things. Every user connected is given their own section, to which they can customize and alter it in every aspect. From the aesthetic to the information involved, to the security involved in locking their information, the only thing they can not do is harm another user while inside this meditative chamber.
The second major area, is the main forum. This area is a shared inclusive ‘lounge’ that allows users connected to speak to one another whenever both are inside the meditative chamber. With time going slow, this allows a proverbial millenia to discuss theories, ideas, or otherwise various discussions for anyone connected at any given point. The only restriction, using The Force; although every aspect of the forum is made up of the force there is no use of the force within its depths. This means no harm can be done to other users, as all ill intent is met with forcible stops imparted by the gatekeeper.
Last, the gatekeeper involved has one core personality and helps all those connected, known as Raziel in all forms. Their emotionless personality is flat when spoken to directly, and to compensate most forms taken by the gatekeeper are copied from the subconscious of its users and tailored to them specifically. In addition, the gatekeeper is entirely neutral and takes no sides with any of those connected, nor the person who created it. It imparts only what it sees fit, and no more; its own god in the illusionary ever shifting realm of The Chained Tome.
While there is a master copy of the device, it is not so easily taken. The item is kept with the creator, as of right now, and serves as the direct connection between all the various shards around the galaxy. In it, it contains the very physical nature of the device, and any 'master commands' uttered through its depths. These can only be done through this master copy, making it a viable target for any connected or otherwise interested in the artifacts nature.
Overall, the artifact is the next step in pushing the limits of sith magic, effectively allowing almost instant transfer of knowledge between various Sith who find its archives useful for their purposes. For whatever its depths hold, it offers the future of the sith a bright archive for use for centuries to come.
OOC Note -
I'd like it possible for any active owner of The Chained Tome to add whatever content they'd like to the device, and change only the affiliation of themselves through submission modifications. No destroying information is allowed, as it isn't possible in character.
Edited by Lily Kuhn, 06 July 2018 - 12:02 AM.