OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To claim the Holocron of Darth Krayt
- Image Source:
- Holocron: Wookieepedia: Sith Holocron, first image. Edits by me.
- Canon Link: Holocron of Darth Krayt
- Restricted Missions: Canon item retrieval: ENDGAME: Shadow's Fall: Darth Ophidia steals the holocron from the Jedi vaults during the Sith Empire's attack on Coruscant. Post: #3 (Claimed the holocron) #2 (Infiltrating the Vaults) #1 (Entering the Jedi Temple)
- Primary Source:
- Name: The Holocron of Darth Krayt
- Manufacturer: Darth Krayt.
- Affiliation: Darth Ophidia Formerly Darth Krayt.
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Gold, capstone, crystal-lattice, other holocron components.
- Classification: Holocron.
- Size: Average.
- Weight: Average.
- Darth Krayt's Intellect: Darth Krayt's intellect is preserved in this holocron.
- Biography: The holocron contains Darth Krayt's biography: From time in the Jedi, the Clone Wars, surviving Order 66 and his eventual ascension to the Sith under the tutelage of XoXaan, and Krayt's interactions with the Yuuzhan Vong. It goes into deep detail concerning the rise and philosophy of the One Sith and their dominion over the galaxy, as well as illuminating some of the fears a Dark Lord had at the prime of his power.
- Philosophy: Darth Krayt's holocron includes a comprehensive set of lessons on the folly of the Jedi, the power of the Sith, the philosophy of the One Sith and how to govern a Sith Empire by the One Sith philosophy.
- Lessons of a Dark Lord: The holocron contains a number of skills, lessons about the Force and the Sith:
- History Lesson: The Holocron includes a vast and important lesson in galactic history and a pivotal moment in the course of the Sith.
- Power: Krayt's holocron includes a number of potent Force Powers and how he discovered them, including Dark Transfer and Shatterpoint.
- Darth Krayt's Intellect: The Holocron contains Darth Krayt's intellect, allowing one to seek him out for advice.
- Wilful Gatekeeper: Darth Krayt was a wilful figure and his holocron's gatekeeper displays it perfectly. Gaining access to his information takes time and effort. One must be worthy of Krayt's attention.
- Force-Bound: The Holocron requires a force user to open it.
- Force Dependent: The Holocron will not open if the Force is cut off (As in an Ysalamir field).
- Fragile Construction: The holocron's crystalline interior is very delicate, and it is easily destroyed or disrupted. Do not drop it; do not hit it with a rock, and do not expose it to extreme heat.
Darth Krayt was once A'Sharad Hett, a Jedi Master in the vaning years of the Galactic Republic before the Battle of Yavin. He was raised among the tusken raiders, survived Darth Palpatine's Order 66, found himself in exile on Korriban where he would discover the Holocron of XoXaaan, one of the first Lords of the Sith. Under her tutelage, the Jedi Master was trained as a Sith. His capture by the Yuuzhan Vong and their excruciating torture completed his transformation into Darth Krayt: Dread Lord and Dark Lord of the Sith.
Darth Krayt founded the One Sith and rebuilt the Sith Order. Through his wars, he brought down the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, deposed the Fel Emperor, and brought about the destruction of the New Jedi Order. He ruled with an iron fist and his challenges were many: The Galactic Alliance and the Fel Emperor had allied themselves against him. In the midst of his battles: Betrayal. His most trusted adviser, Darth Wyyrlock III, betrayed Darth Krayt and claimed his place as Sith Emperor.
Wyyrlock ruled by Krayt's principles, but Krayt had survived. The former Dark Lord returned to power, slaying Darth Wyyrlock III in the process and retaking Coruscant with his Sith Troopers. His One Sith was ready to reforge the galaxy in the crucible of war. Alas, as many great Lords of the Sith do, Darth Krayt fell to the lure of gaining the most powerful apprentice. As he tried to turn Cade Skywalker to his side, Krayt was struck down and killed.
Darth Krayt's holocron fell into obscurity, hidden by his Order until the day would come for them to re-unite. The One Sith went into hiding and only re-emerged in the last century. The flash-flame that was the new One Sith burned the Core to the ground and destroyed the Status Quo before they fell under their own weight and the insistent hammering of the Galactic Alliance. When Coruscant fell, the One Sith retreated, leaving ash in their wake. The Holocron of Darth Krayt had played a vital role in bringing the One Sith back, but in the flash-flame of the Galactic War it was lost-
Until it was re-discovered on Coruscant by Darth Ophidia during the fall of the Galactic Alliance.
[This is a canon item]
Edited by Darth Ophidia, 16 June 2018 - 09:28 AM.