OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Artstation - transport pod by Eddie Del Rio
- Intent: A Drop Pod for use by Bryn'adûl Brutes
- Image Source: X
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
- Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
- Model: Bryn'adûl Drop-Pod
- Material: Durasteel, electrical components
- Classification: Drop Dop
- Length: 40m
- Width: 20m
- Height: 20m
- Armament: None
- Defenses: Extreme
- Squadron Count: Moderate '16'
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Very High
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
All Standard Features
- Plummet: Once released from the bowels of a ship, the Hel Shard plummets at extreme speed towards the planet surface and crashes into the ground, allowing the Drop-Pod to deliver troops quickly to the battlefield.
- Thick Skin: These drop pods are built to take severely heavy punishment, delivering troops safely to the ground below.
- Straight Down: These things have next to no manoeuvrability, meaning powerful Anti-air guns can easily take these things out of the sky, additionally; when landing on dangerous terrain. It's very difficult to manoeuvre away potential threats, meaning that often enough these things kill those on-board dropping into treacherous terrain.
- Open not Fire?: Hel Shards have no armaments whatsoever, this makes them easy to surround and kill the Crusaders as they exit the Drop-pod.
- Trapped: These things are a one of use type vehicle, they land and can't leave. This means that, those on-board are trapped on land until they are extracted. Retreat isn't an option when on board a Hel Shard.
The Drop pod carried a total of twenty total Brutes. The upper halves of the ship pop open, allowing the Brutes to leap from the pod and move to ground. The pod was developed based on early designs of Tathra Khaeus' own personal use of a heavily armoured ship to crash in behind enemy lines.
The pod itself serves a singular purpose, to get troops from point A to B.
Edited by Tathra Khaeus, 16 August 2018 - 08:06 AM.