• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

When I Was A Young Warthog

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,047 posts
Many forces and agencies had done their best to rehabilitate Malachor. Here in the dark, Velok knew they'd all been fools. The violence here had marred Malachor's soul, and the world would always devolve to what it should be. Black ruins, dark clouds, jagged canyons, storm beasts, and ash. He'd rewilded the storm beasts here himself, some years ago, transplanting them from Tash-Taral back to their ancient home. Now reptilian roars percolated through the crags, and he knew the storm beasts had multiplied as planned.

With six burly Whiphids in tow, Velok left his shuttle and made his way into the canyons. He kept his orbalisk-shell cleaver in hand, a warning and a deterrent. Over his back he carried a large, densely-woven bag and a couple of long, wrapped objects.

5RrrlUB.png

Simon Mur

Simon Mur

Professor of Alchemy

• Character
  • 1,529 posts

"There's a shuttle down there Simon." Kravak said to him. "I'd tell you to bring that lightsabre of yours, but I'm not sure if you've used it." Kravak, like Mur, was a Professor at the soon-to-be open Wyyrlok-Solusar University, but unlike him Kravak had once gone by the title Darth, and had probably killed her fair share of Jedi. Mur had only ever fought Sith, and even then only killed when ultimately necessary. Mur was only interested in his work, not stroking his ego by putting a notch on his belt.

"I'm showing maybe half a dozen lifeforms. Probably scavengers." Mur replied, keeping focused on the task rather then combating the Dun Mochian attitude of his colleague. 

"Or a Jedi Shadow party, or Sith scouts, or a Mandalorian raiders. This planet holds importance Mur." The Thisspian replied.

"Yes, but it's mostly sentimental." Mur replied as he took the ship down. Kravak glared at him. "Look, I'm not going to let you get hurt if that's what you're thinking. I need tenure before I can get away with losing co-workers on field trips." Mur replied, to which he got a strong hiss. Mur put on a smile as the ship landed on the planet, not far from the whiphid crew. Mur and Kravak let down the landing ramp and Mur began carting out equipment.

It was a good day to get research materials. At least, it would be for another few minutes at least. 

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,047 posts
Simon Mur

Velok paused and sniffed the air. <<The stonebird that landed near ours has vomited strangers. Tuglaqq, scout. My eyes are with you.>>

A seven-hundred-pound Whiphid warrior nodded and vanished into the crags with unnatural silence. Though Velok continued on through the canyon, part of his attention rode with the younger Whiphid's mind and saw through his eyes. Arts like this let the shamans of his homeworld attest to the valor of a clan's hunters.

Stone-tipped spear in hand, Tuglaqq crept up a ridge and looked down on the new arrivals. Velok watched through his eyes. He noted an approaching storm beast which smelled tasty human.

5RrrlUB.png

Simon Mur

Simon Mur

Professor of Alchemy

• Character
  • 1,529 posts

Dr. Mur and Dr. Kravak found themselves on the Malachor, with the Thisspaisian observing the surrounding. He did have some interest in the job, but he was also there as a bit of security, and fine security he was. While he slithered about the area Mur began to unload his cargo, a half-dozen maintenance droids. Mur had done a little work to them, instead of cleaning everything they were programmed to vacuum up something very particular and store it for later. He spent a moment activating them and ensuring they were calibrated, a short moment that was interrupted.

"Do you feel it Simon?" The bearded one uttered as he pulled out a long-handled lightsaber. 

"The comfort of dread, malice, and suffering that has wafted here over the last five millenia?" Simon responded.

"We're not alone." Kravak countered. Simon rolled his eyes. Why else would he have the lightsaber. 

"DWOOOOOOOO" One of the maintenance droids was thrown into the air and panicked, followed by a gut-wrenching scream that pierced Mur's ears. He reacted quickly, telekinetically grabbing the droid and trying to place it safely unto the ground. Kravak took his blade to and charged at a beast that was easily over two meters. 

The dreaded Storm Beasts. Brief thoughts of taking it home went through his mind, but the other assignment was more important. Rocks rose up from the beast's right and were telekinetically launched at it's skull, Mur keeping a hand on his lightsaber but staying a fair distance away. Elsewhere Tuglaqq watched on as the two Sith battled against the beast. Perhaps the scholars had noticed the hogish being, but if they had, they seemed to think the Storm Beast far more important for now. 

Velok the Younger

Edited by Simon Mur, 07 June 2018 - 10:15 PM.

Atom

Atom

A + OM = ?

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 56 posts

Storm beasts were not something to easily be scoffed at. They were creatures that could easily kill a man. Armored, armed, or without all the technology at his disposal, Storm beasts were quite daunting. Many times over, creatures seemed to still be able to kill man, and their pride of being a sentient species. Creatures were still in use even with the advances in technology, biology, and of course, the force itself. Technobeasts, Sithspawn, Vong-creations, and influenced creatures of the night could still very much be the death of many a people. Hence why they were used so often by the Sith. They were worthless and meant nothing of value to their master, other than as an army to take over, destroy, or repopulate. 

Storm beasts had been removed, then repopulated once more. With that in mind, Nomadic is the way of life. Following the source of Credits was how it worked. Reaching down, a gloved hand grabbed a hold of the excretions of this creature. It fell apart to slip between the fingers as it was crushed. Warmth still through the gloves, and quickly wiped away by the ground. The stench would remain for some time, but of little consequence. It was the art of tracking. Following these creatures to hunt them. Why? Income. Anyone who remotely lived, or worked here wanted to know that these creatures were taken care of. Their lives meant more to them, than those of the creatures who existed long before them. 

However, the track led to a canyon. One that upon further inspection, led to the discovery of other beings. Unsure of their species, it was best to hang back. Lay in wait as the creature seemed to be hunting as well. Little regard for one hunting it, the creature seemed to be attacking some men with a droid. The piercing screech of the droid was clear, and could almost echo through the canyon. However, it was with this, that Infrared brought up other beings down the way. Multiple. However, one was going well far and away from the rest. Scout maybe? or was this three groups. 

A shrug of the shoulders with the head tilting. Faceplate flashing into static as the wait for what would happen, began. 

Simon MurVelok the Younger

Edited by Atom, 08 June 2018 - 08:03 AM.

YUGcv3J.png

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,047 posts

Simon Mur Atom

When he felt Velok's signal as a cold prickle on the back of his neck, Tuglaqq crept down the ridge. He rejoined the group a couple of minutes later.

<<Two shamans with bright spears, hunt leader.>>

<<You did well, Tuglaqq.>> Velok clapped the huge warrior on the shoulder. <<Lead the hunt from this point on. I will meet the shamans and conclude my own errands.>>

The half-dozen Whiphids grunted and loped away, off to snare a storm beast or two. Velok adjusted his baggage and headed off the way Tuglaqq had gone scouting. It took the old Whiphid a while to get up the ridge and down the other side, down where Mur and Kravak were finishing off the storm beast. Velok sheathed his cleaver, unshouldered his load -- a large bag and two long slim objects -- and began sniffing around the crater. What he sought had a particular scent, and between his physical senses and his Sith instincts, he hoped to find a decent deposit nearby. He offered no greeting comment to the two Force-wielding academics twenty yards away.

5RrrlUB.png

Simon Mur

Simon Mur

Professor of Alchemy

• Character
  • 1,529 posts
The Stormbeast flailed from left to right as Dr. Mur launched stones at him. He was no ballistakinetic, but he had just enough power to be of concern to the sithspawn. Dr. Kravak slithered around the creature, gutting at it's legs and maiming the beast at the calf. It fell to the ground and swung at the Thisspaisian, while Dr. Mur threw stones from behind it. The creature shrieked before Kravak impaled it's chest, slicing inwards to rake at it's organs. The Stormbeast shook for a moment, before settling and remaining still. The Thisspaisian let out a deep breath, but did not deactivate his lightsaber.

Twenty meters away was a large whiphid, surveying the scene. Mur had heard of a whiphid with a taste for the dark side, but the rumor was he was long dead. Though legend held he had come back from death more than once. Mur stared at the silent being and made a calculation on how likely it was the whiphid was the old master. He decided he didn't find it likely, but it was still too likely to discount.

“Are you Velok, or a pretender?” The Alchemist shouted, in perhaps not the diplomatic of introductions. He swore he heard Kravak curse in the old Sith tongue, but his focus was on the warthog before him. Elsewhere Atom was undisturbed, save for a lone maintenance droid vacuuming somewhere between 5 and 10 meters away. Perhaps it would find him, perhaps not. The Force had a way of bringing things together, the only question was when.

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,047 posts
Simon Mur

Velok's broom and dustpan paused. Ash puffed around his feet.

"Both and neither, human. I'm Velok, but perhaps you mean my father. I don't pretend to be anything like him - unless scaring someone is essential."

He resumed sweeping ash into his huge, tight-woven bag.

"What brings you two and your little droid to Malachor?"

5RrrlUB.png

Thengil Ri'Shajirr

Thengil Ri'Shajirr

Only the Strong

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 403 posts

Nexuses tended to draw any and all.

The gentle whir of an exoskeleton's servos and the clack of swaying, beaded braids announced the arrival of yet another figure. A tall and broad-shouldered Cathar stepped out from an offshoot of the canyon, two Togorian corsairs in tow. The Togorians shared his self-same expression, features immune to scrutiny save for permanent sneers of feline disdain. Sc'rath hilts jutted from the sashes at their waists and gold jewelry glittered in manes and ears. 

Thengil stood shorter than his two companions, but where their fur was ash white and black, his was a ruddy gold. His yellow eyes shone with the intensity of Tatooine's twin suns from within a face littered with scars. An uncanny aura rolled from him, beating those around him with uneasiness the way gusts of wind might beat a field of wheat. 

He did not speak, merely watched Simon Mur and Velok the Younger.

Atom

"If it has blood, you can make it bleed. If it has eyes, you can blind it. If it has a mouth, you can make it scream."

TxI6jv4.png

Fafnir Exosuit | Kotsûshwodza | Eyes of Rasul | Bands of Blackest Shadows | Ring of Dwomutsutta

Atom

Atom

A + OM = ?

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 56 posts

Two groups convening together. Yelling at one another, however, difficult to make out from the distance between us. Shrugging of the shoulders was followed with a twist to the droid that seemed to be vacuuming the ash and sand beneath our feet. Confused as for this purpose, one could only assume this ash could be used for a ritual, or Alchemy. Such things could create powerful artifacts. It was with these that many Force Users fought one another over. Some sought just to hold them and own them for the sake of hording. Not allowing others to use them. However, it was the rare few who could fully tap into these creations' powers, and use them to do a great and many things. While they may be for ill intent, or for that of good, They were still great and can turn the tide of a battle, or even wars. 

Opening up the left hand, A small hologram picked up the area. The information was useful for its current time. Eyes watching the position of current time, it only created awareness that those here were for reasons not aligned. The droid continued it's job. Steps taken to close the distance between, and met with a kneeling position. Hand reaching out ever so slowly to inspect the purpose, and reason this droid did what it's master desired. 

Helmet black and lifeless flared to life in static snow. Changing from one image to another.

[Learn] [Adapt] [Grow] 

[Puppy dog sitting and waiting]

[?Question Mark?]

Closing the distance once more, was met with a hand upon the chassis. Circling around it. Inspecting this droid. Maintenance, gatherer, Partial Man-servant of the master. Likely used with many others to complete a task. Sucking up the ash of the planet? Curious. Dropping to the ground again, the glove felt around in said ash. Rubbing between fingers to find simple dirt. Symbolic? Force Attuned? Lacking in the Force closed many doors in life. Thus is the survival of one without the mystical magicks of the universe. 

Turning to the two who seemed to be meeting one another, The intent clear, to meet and possibly discuss this predicament. 

Thengil Ri'ShajirrVelok the YoungerSimon Mur

YUGcv3J.png

Simon Mur

Simon Mur

Professor of Alchemy

• Character
  • 1,529 posts

"What business is it of yours?" The Thisspaisian stated with a hostile tone.

"We're academics." Mur stated a bit louder, attempting to drown out the words of his compatriot and speak to Velok the Younger. "There is a college opening up soon, dedicated to the intellectual pursuit of the Force, rather than a spiritual one. I have a graduate student coming in who wishes to write a dissertation on how to artificially recreate some the materials made by the environment here. My associate is writing a paper on refining the effects of unnatural rage, and how to mitigate the loss of control initiated by nexuses, sith poisons, and other alchemical draughts, also made by the environment here." Mur continued. He could feel the glare from Kravak, but Mur was weighing his options.

"I've heard you father had a taste for knowledge, of all cultures. If that's a trait you share I might be able to find a job for you, doing research, teaching students." He let the words linger, before the impact of Thengil Ri'Shajirr's amulet was felt. Mur knew the effect of alchemy when he sensed it. His lightsaber ignited, crimson blade extending with a distinctive snap-hiss

"Is it with you?" Mur asked the Whiphid. He likely wouldn't reveal if he had plotted an ambush, but Mur wanted to read his response, see how he reacted. Soon, from another side, Atom began to walk forward. Perhaps he'd heard their conversation, perhaps not, but this was beginning to look like a set up. Mur touched a button on his wrist and sent out a signal to the half-dozen maintenance droids to tell them to return to the ship. One surprise was reason to be cautious, two were likely dangerous, and three were almost never by chance. Mur began making plans to leave very quickly if he needed to. 

Velok the Younger

Velok the Younger

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,047 posts

Simon Mur Atom Thengil Ri'Shajirr

Uneasiness growled in Velok's gut; he recognized it as a Force effect emanating from the Togorians. He rested the long-handled dustpan against a boulder and slid the bag over his shoulder. Ash puffed out, not enough to affect him. In the back of his mind, he connected with the distant Whiphid crew and suggested urgency. In the physical world, he hefted the ashy broom and eyed the beings who'd congregated. Three Togorians, one of them a Darksider who struck him as familiar. The two academics, one human and one Thisspasian, both carrying ignited sabers. Their droid, and some manner of cyborg messing around with said droid. A rogues' gallery of unpredictable fun.

"I have no friends here, Professor," said Velok, resting the broom over his shoulder like a polearm. His lightsaber stayed at his belt. "And while I applaud your goals, I have priorities of my own. Still, I'm open to collaboration." He focused on Thengil and raised his voice, a basso profundo echoing through the gloom. "I won't get fancy about this. Stop what you're doing or you'll be made to stop."

Edited by Velok the Younger, 11 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.

5RrrlUB.png