- Intent: To create a personal shield for Advanced ground units.
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Dynetech Industries
- Affiliation: The Confederacy, Closed-Market
- Model: PS-347
- Modularity: No
- Material: Titanium, Plasteel, Molecular Shield Component
- Classification: Molecular Shield
- Weight: Light
- Blasters: Very High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Sonic: Average
- Elemental: Very Low
- EMP/ION: None
- Projectile: None
- Portable Shield: Each of these gauntlets contains a portable molecular shield. These shields are extremely resistant to blasters, lightsabers, and even kinetic damage. Due to the Molecular shielding technology, these shields do not just repel energy that is fired their way, they also absorb the energy into the shields power reserves.
- Molecular Resistance: The shields utilized in this device are capable of defending from several different forms of assault. Even capable of resisting the blade of a lightsaber and significant kinetic damage, they are extremely powerful shields.
- EMP/ION Weakness: These molecular shields are extremely weak to EMP/ION weaponry. If targeted by EMP strikes, the shields will immediately be deactivated. Although they can come back online, depending on the power of the device used on them it can take up to one hour for them to function properly.
- Projectile Defense: Though the Molecular shields can slow down some projectiles, they will generally flow through the shields unchallenged.
In an attempt to provide the galaxy with an advanced portable shield, Dynetech Industries constructed their first portable shield model. Unlike many other form of portable shields, Dynetech introduced Molecular shielding. These shields are extremely resilient against lightsabers, blasters, and other energy based attacks. The shields absorb the power from an energy-based attack and uses it to reinforce the main power supply for the gauntlets. Made with a Plasteel base and intricate shield circuitry, the gauntlets are made with a titanium plating that helps defend their shield emitters.
Edited by Asher Malvern, 14 June 2018 - 04:19 PM.