OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Make a new personal shuttle for the Emperor
- Image Source: Click - Adam Middleton
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Affiliation: Darth Carnifex
- Model: Crestfallen-class Imperial Command Shuttle
- Production: Unique
- Classification: Command Shuttle
- Length: 18.7m
- Width: 15.4m
- Height: 37.2m
- Armament: Very High
-  Double Ion Cannons
-  Heavy Blaster Cannons
-  Rear Rotary Blaster Cannon
-  Rear Seismic Charge Deployer
-  Concussion Missile Launchers
- Defenses: High
- Squadron Count: None
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast
- Isotope-5 Power Generator
- Target Identification Network
- Advanced Targeting Computer
- Diatium Capacitance Array
- Advanced Sensor & Communication Jammer
- Offense: The Crestfallen II features bleeding-edge offensive weaponry ranging from heavy laser cannons to ion cannons, to a seismic charge deployer and concussion missile launchers. The primary use of these weapon systems is to destroy anything that would become an obstacle in the Emperor's path.
- Defense: Being the personal shuttle of the Emperor has its perks, such as state-of-the-art defensive systems from molecular and ionic shields, anti-missile deflection hardware, and a reinforced Duranium-Trimantium hull.
- Hyperdrive: An experimental 0.3 hyperdrive allows the Crestfallen II to reach hyperspace speeds faster than most conventional ships, ensuring that the Emperor can always reach his destination in the most timely manner possible.
- Nykkalt Exterior Plating: A thin layer of Nykkalt metal resides on the surface of the exterior hull, reflecting back the scans of other ships. This doesn't render the Crestfallen II as invisible, but it can make it harder to discern during passive stealth operations. Useful for when the Emperor needs to travel incognito.
- Isotope-5 Generator: An Isotope-5 Generator powers the Crestfallen II, boosting its energy output beyond its predecessor and other contemporary ships within the Sith-Imperial Armada.
- Escort Requirement: Being the only one of its kind, and because of its role as the Emperor's shuttle, the Crestfallen II required at least two squadrons of Sith-Imperial TIE Fighters when moving through a combat zone.
- Not a Starfighter: Though outfitted with powerful weaponry, the Crestfallen II is not a starfighter. Its primary objective is to deliver the Emperor to his chosen destination, bypassing and even ignoring enemy ships if at all possible.
- Unstable Isotope-5: The same source that powers the Emperor's shuttle is dangerously volatile and can cause an immense amount of destruction if breached.
- Physical Projectiles: The molecular and ionic shielding doesn't protect against physical projectiles like hypervelocity, mass-driver cannons, missiles, or any number of projectile guns which can cause significant damage to the outer hull.
- Identifiable: The prestige of being the Emperor's shuttle comes with a drawback because soon enough everyone comes to identify the Crestfallen II with the Emperor's personage. That makes it a target in combat engagements.
The first Crestfallen had been a gift to the Dark Lord from his allies within the First Order and featured their distinct design scheme and technological advancements into the highly resilient and valiant shuttle. Carnifex made good use of the shuttle, and its presence became a defining symbol of his authority and unshakable presence in both battle and peace. It often led the charge right into the thick of battle, uninterested with the risk or danger in doing so.
When it finally met its end over Dubrillion, buried in the sandy beaches of that oceanic world, the Emperor had already planned for its replacement.
Taking several design cues from the First Order engineers, the Crestfallen II retained a great deal of similarity with its original counterpart while still maintaining a distinctly Sith aesthetic. Its internal technology was replaced with bleeding-edge advancements made by the Sith-Imperial scientists and engineers, and its weapons were finely honed to deliver a greater punch than that of its predecessor.
Its wings housed its primary sensor node, along with several passive-mode sensors and a long-range scan-mode sensor array to effectively monitor and scan enemy communications to avoid hostile encounters. If this failed, an installed comm jammer allowed the ship to prevent an enemy vessel from calling in reinforcements. However, there are communication systems that are resistant to jamming such as comm lasers and other similar equipment that can bypass this countermeasure.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 14 June 2018 - 10:30 PM.