OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A nimble interceptor for VCH's Project Galewind.
- Image Source: Artstation | Kasim Lewis
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Vandiir Consolidated Holdings
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: GW-S2 "Acrobat" Interceptor
- Material: Duranium Hull, Glasteel Cockpit
- Classification: Interceptor
- Length: 9 metres
- Width: 9.6 metres (Flight) | 4.8 metres (Storage)
- Height: 2.56 metres
- Armament: Very Low
-  Fire-Linked Maser Cannons
- Defences: Low
- Average Deflector Shield & Very Low Hull
- Squadron Count: Moderate 
- Manoeuvrability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: Very Slow 
- Communications Array
- Deflector Shield Generator
- Ion Engines
- Life Support Systems
- Repulsorlift Engines
- Sensor Array
- Landing Gear
- Short-Range Sensor Jammer
- Astromech Socket
- Ultramobile: More nimble than even the TIE/INs of old, the Acrobat is purpose-built for dogfighting to the exclusion of almost everything else.
- Precise: Built to excel at dogfighting, the Acrobat's maser cannons are unusually precise, making it an excellent choice for combating other interceptors.
- Slippery Eel: With its impressive mobility and short-range sensor jammer, the Acrobat is extremely adept at avoiding enemy fire.
- Ultrathin Hull: While sporting a sturdy military-grade deflector shield, the Acrobat's hull is exceedingly thin, meaning that even a single shot from a solar ionization cannon or similar weapon will almost always be enough to destroy or at least incapacitate it.
- Limited Armaments: While its maser cannons are nothing to scoff at, the Acrobat is outfitted with no warheads or ordnance of any kind.
- Slow Hyperdrive: As with all manned Galewind fighters, the Acrobat has a fuel-efficient but slow hyperdrive intended primarily for emergencies and short-range jumps.
Versatility from Specialisation.
From the small but capable Lantern to the hulking Vanguard, Project Galewind is defined by its purpose-built models, all of which are designed with overarching synergy in mind. Lacking any real generalists, the Galewind Series' various Starfighters are designed to be fielded together, though individual models are perfectly capable of filling their niche alone, at least if the circumstances are right.
Distinguished by its sleek hull and powerful engines, the Acrobat is built for speed and mobility, with a shape and thruster placement well suited for dogfighting in space and in atmosphere alike. While not particularly heavily armed, its maser cannons are nothing to scoff at, being roughly equivalent to the firepower of Incom's famed X-Wing, minus the proton torpedoes. That being said, its lack of heavier armaments makes it poorly suited for anti-capital duty, though a cunning commander might be able to utilise their mobility to slip past defences and strike at weak points in a vessel's defences.
While the vessel possesses a compact hyperdrive, no navigation computer was included due to space and power concerns, making the vessel unable to plot a hyperspace route without a socketed astromech. Of course, the droid is able to assist in other matters, such as emergency repairs, allowing VCH to pass it off as an intended feature rather than a technical necessity.
Finally, the Acrobat has been outfitted with a sensor jammer similar to the one used by Incom's A-Wing. This allows the vessel to hide from most long-range sensors, making it well suitable for ambushes, while simultaneously making it harder to get a targeting lock on the nimble vessel during the dogfighting for which it is built to excel.
Edited by Adrian Vandiir, 15 June 2018 - 11:44 AM.