OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A limited-use supercarrier for the Mandalorian Empire
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: None
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: Mandalorian Empire
- Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire (Senior admirals)
- Model: SC-1
- Production: Limited
- Material: Mandalorian Steel, Silicar, Transparisteel, Hadrium, Agrinium, Dallorian Alloy
- Classification: Carrier
- Length: 5000 meters
- Width: 1200 meters
- Height: 650 meters
- Armament: Very Low
- Defenses: High
- Hangar: Extreme: 42
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Maintenance Facilities
- Repair Bays
- Anti-intruder defences
- Communication Wave De-scrambler
- Encryption Module
- Frequency Jammer
- Holonet Transceiver
- Hyperwave Transceiver
- Life Support
- Inertial Damper
- Life Form Indicator
- Aural Sensor
- Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
- Life Form Indicator
- Long-range Sensors
- Targeting Laser
- Targeting Sensor
- Wide-range Sensor
- Anti-ion Emission Tracer
- Well protected and spacious hangars capable of carrying a wealth of starfighters and attack craft
- Well crewed, capable of repelling boarders or effecting repairs efficiently
- MBE-1 Provides access to jam-resistant sensor and comms netword
- Well protected against EMP and Ion damage thanks to deionizers
- Vulnerable to enemy capital craft, must be heavily escorted
- Main command bridge tower is very exposed and makes for an obvious target
- MBE-1 sensors can be jammed if identified and located, by an enemy Gravitic Amplitude Modulator or other Gravitic interference tech.
Description: Designed as a command-level vessel for Mandalorian Empire Admiralty that would prefer a carrier as a command ship to a battlecruiser; the Oyu'baat-Class is a well appointed and fit to purpose craft to command a battlegroup from.
An Oyu'baat is a flying city, with fleet and army personnel quartered aboard. The ship itself has a large crew, much of which is given over to the maintenance and support of the dozens of fighter squadrons and their pilots. The vessel herself is kitted out to bring her starfighters to battle and provide a safe home for them while on the front lines.
Morale is an important factor in war, and efforts were made during the design process to make serving aboard an Oyu'baat class as close to friendly duty near to home as possible for the Mando'ade aboard.
The vessel is outfitted with everything one might find in a spaceport or thriving colony, with commercial areas and recreational facilities for the thousands of crew and passengers, as well as the pilots, and army personnel. There are several eating establishments outside of the normal military cafeterias, as well as bars and cafes, staffed by off-duty ship's crew.
Her hull is thick Mandalorian Steel hull weaved with Silicar, and she is capable of taking wicked punishment. Her advanced defensive systems make hurting this big beast no easy task, with powerful molecular and particle shields standing between her and enemy fire.
Internally, her power systems are lined with Dallorian alloy to prevent overheating, and the reactor spaces with Agrinium shielding. There are redundant backups for all power systems, and manual releases for the hangar doors, ensuring that even with loss of main power, Oyu'baat can still send her craft into battle, and recover them safely.
Overall, she is tough, able to withstand punishment while dealing very effectively with the threat posed by enemy starfighters and bombers. Though she cannot fight toe-to-toe with enemy capital ships, she can for a time, withstand their fury while her plethora of attack craft do the striking for her. Oyu'baat, like the oft-rebuilt pub for which the class is named, does not kneel.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 22 June 2018 - 02:09 PM.