OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create an independent colony as the foundation of Jalnic's life
- Image Credit: Here
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Jalnic Whitur, Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Kent Colony, NH-CF Starfighters Purchase
- Space Station Name: Kent's Haven
- Station Model: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer (Modified)
- Classification: Colony, Miscellaneous, Refugee Haven
- Location: Deep in Space (Somewhere in Sector Q-24)
- Affiliation: Jalnic Whitur (Governor)
- Population: Heavily Populated (About 50,000 Persons)
- Demographics (Most are Escaped Slaves, Mercenaries, and Refugees):
Accessibility: Located in Deep Space, far from any Suns or Planets, the Kent Colony has always been accessible. However, its distance has made the location somewhat private.
Description: The Kent Colony appears in an abandoned ancient, damaged Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. The only lighting comes from the starships, the Star Destroyer, and the Stars from the background. There are also several added space auto-turrets and housing modules.
Medium Security Rating: Although the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer's purpose was to act as a military warship, the colony felt repairing and keeping every weaponry on the ship online was unnecessary. So about only 1/4 to 1/2 was kept maintained and most of the time deactivated till an emergency came along.
- 2 ISD-72x Deflector Shield Generator Domes (Recently Repaired, working at only 70% efficiency)
- 8 Deployed Laser Autoturrets
- 12 Heavy Turbolasers
- 18 Turbolasers
- 8 Heavy Ion Cannons
- 8 Octuple Barbette Turbolasers
- 10 Tractor Beam Projectors (Recently Repaired, working at only 60% efficiency)
- 32 NH-CF "Superiority Starfighters" (Used as security ships)
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Primary Hangar Bay: All security starships are deployed from this hangar and is used for more important starships. Such as the colony's private civil starships, special guest's private shuttles, and a secured channel for valuable cargo/supplies.
- Secondary Hangar Bay: This is used for miscellaneous starships; simple dropships, freighters, and refugee haulers. In a case of an emergency or a threat, this hangar bay would close up and activate shields.
- Solar Ionization Reactor: As the destructive Imperial II-class Star Destroyer is no longer as functional, most of the power has been redirected to focus more upon the life support and civil systems. For example, the Noble Kent is no longer able to use its engines and its energy has been used instead to refuel smaller starships.
- Command Deck: Here is the most important part of the Star Destroyer. Almost every essential and minor systems are overlooked by the colony's most experienced workers. It is also here where Jalnic, or any present/future governors, controls and give orders to the colony.
- Main Storage Area: The storage area is one of the most protected and secured areas in the colony. Many illegal, prohibited, and outlawed products are kept here by high-paying criminals. Also includes all of the colony's supplies and cargo brought in by merchants.
- Communications Tower: A very important part of the colony. This is how the colony is able to communicate with others outside and also connect to foreign matters.
- Flight/Launch Control: This station is always operated 24/7, as many starships do go through this area. Clearance codes are distributed from this point and also gives commands for docking/departing starships.
- 8 Commissaries: Its purpose is to give out supplies/food to all of the colonists at set times. However, two of the commissaries are allowed to sell some supplies/food to any guests, visitors, and foreigners.
- Exterior Refueling Station: Basically a fuel stop, which uses power from the Solar Ionization Reactor. This is not part of the original Star Destroyer design so it is very modern and efficient. Most starships often come by just to refuel after traveling so far in Space.
Originally, the Star Destroyer belonged to the Galactic Empire from 800 years ago. This starship was at first named the Noble Kent and was hunting down a Rebel frigate before being attacked by a surprise ambush. The Star Destroyer was hit with large amounts of Ion weaponry, this caused everybody on the ship to evacuate into escape pods before the ship would be destroyed. However, the Rebels were in rush and left the Star Destroyer in an immobilized state.
To find his own destiny, 18 years ago, Jalnic had to find someplace that would be promising. He followed rumors of an ancient damaged Star Destroyer to a location in the Q-24 Quadrant, hoping to create a large salvage operation. Many would pay large sums of money to grab some ancient war technology and for the metal. Once Jalnic got there he discovered several refugees that escaped from their own planet's internal conflicts. There was not many on, only around a 100.
Jalnic Whitur invested in bringing the Star Destroyer back to life. It will never be as operational as it was in its original state in the time of the Galactic Empire, but at least it has a lot of decent room. Jalnic replaced the power generator and other essential systems with newer models. Also, the hangar has been upgraded and renewed to a new level of efficiency. The revived Star Destroyer became known as the Kent Colony!
However, supplies and cargo filled with illegal contents were allowed to pass through with only a small fee for going through. Drugs and weaponry often go through this area, but slave trafficking is strictly outlawed. Many of the colonists living on the Star Destroyer are mercenaries, outlaws, and refugees. The crime rate is somewhat low and is kept away from the colony.
As the original founder of the colony, Jalnic became Governor Whitur and has managed to keep onto that control. Jalnic had made several deals with local pirates to keep away from the colony and in return, he offered them dibs on whatever intel comes up.
Edited by Jalnic Whitur, 22 July 2018 - 10:39 AM.