OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To make a handheld weapon that can get through those pesky armors, and just about anything else for a hefty price.
- Image Source: Sawn-off shotgun - Apteryx Queeny
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: WIP
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Atheus
- Model: Whipper Snapper
- Affiliation: Atheus, and those he gives one of these weapons too.
- Modularity: None
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Classification: Single shot slugthrower
- Size: 43 cm - Small
- Weight: 1kg - Light
- Ammunition Type: Solid slugs/Converted Force Destruction Round
- Ammunition Capacity: 1 round
- Rate of Fire: Single shot, Breach.
Reload Speed: Very Slow
- Effective Range: Personal - Extreme
- Rate of Fire: Very Low(Limited due to single shot use, and reload time)
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Extreme
- A short barrel shotgun, with no stock, means it can be easily concealed, and easily whipped out to shoot at someone.
- Force destruction is the pure destructive side of the force. Thus, it can theoretically destroy anything.
- The slug fired is converted into a very small force destruction orb. Massive damage round with a concussive field.
- Abysmal reload speed.
- One shot. you miss, you are screwed.
- Massive recoil. Holding it wrong can break your hand. Even if you hold it right, you can bruise up, or smack yourself in the face with the barrel if you can't control the recoil.
- Force destruction is a very powerful ability. Anything hit by the orb itself would be vaporized, and the concussive field left in its wake can still kill people or badly injure them. Even the user can die just because of using this ability with the weapon. The concussive field can injure the wearer if fired too close to oneself.
- The weapon draws power directly from the user, and if the user can't supply that power, the destructive orb explodes inside the gun, and thus likely kill the user.
- The user of the weapon has to have a connection to the force, thus a pool of energy to draw from. Otherwise, it won't fire the weapon.
- Force Light can damage or destroy the weapon.
- Using the weapon causes a major corruption towards the dark side. Exponentially so when used multiple times, or used frequently over a long period of time.
- Requires extreme amounts of upkeep. Even one missing, broken or damaged part can cause the gun to misfire, and blow up in your hands.
- When in a force nullification bubble, you will fire a normal slug round. Not a FD round.
- Travel time. The orb of destruction is not as fast as any bullet, but it is faster than anyone could naturally throw/launch it.
Mandalorians everywhere. Force users in nearly impenetrable armor. You wanna break down walls with a big bang? or do you just really want a gun that can blow the socks off of someone, while that person is now dust. Then this is the gun for you.
Created using Sith alchemy, the weapon is nigh indestructible. It can withstand shooting a slug that is converted into a very small orb of force destruction. A ball of pure destructive energy. Used by those dark within the force, it can obliterate just about everything in its path. The orb alone can vaporize just about any metal, or biological thing in it's path. The concussive field that trails after it can destroy and cause massive injuries on its own. However, the weapon is not all it is cracked up to be.
A single shot breach action shotgun that fires a single slug. Very slow reload speed. Having to pull the latch, drop the barrel, yank the spent cartridge out, grab the new slug, put it in, then close the breach. Anything remotely close to anyone being able to rush you with a melee weapon, or close quarter combat, will very easily close the distance in that time. As well, the gun requires extreme amounts of maintenance. Missing a piece, or having a piece broken can cause the weapon when fired to have a misfire, and literally blow up in your hands.
The force is imbued into this weapon. The shotgun doesn't actually fire the force destruction. it acts as a conduit of the force power. Thus it requires a force user, who can 1, be powerful enough to use the ability, and 2, doesn't mind the fact of the major corruption effect when using the weapon because of the conduit of the power. If one is not powerful enough to use said weapon, then the gun will consume all the energy it can, and blow up the gun while in the users hands. Thus either leaving the user severely drained of their force energy, and blown to bits, or completely consumed in the force in a fantastic explosion of the dark side.
Using this weapon is not easy at all. Including the prerequisites of the force, the gun itself has massive recoil. Much more so than any shotgun you would normally carry. The recoil can and most-likely will break your hand if you are holding it, or using it wrong. Even using it correctly will hurt your hand. Possibly causing hairline fractures, leave bruises, and even smack yourself in the face if you attempt to aim the weapon. If you can control the recoil in some shape or form, it is recommended to do so.
Force destruction is a very darksided power. Using it can corrupt the user greatly, and now being implemented in this shotgun form, will only increase the corruption as the item itself is corrupted by Sith Alchemy. Using the weapon once or twice will cause corruption to start, but will exponentially corrupt the person when used more frequently, or more often.
There are also various ways to destroy this weapon. Considering it can destroy itself in a few ways, Force light can damage it, as well as destroy it should the user be powerful enough. While the weapon is nigh indestructible, someone else using shatterpoint, or any other destructive ability can be used to destroy or damage the weapon. With, seemingly, so many people proficient in those abilities now days, don't hold onto it for very long.